Finally it happened: my first negative vote [SOLVED... perhaps]

mark74

Updating V2 ToDo panel I saw “FEEDBACK - How was your experience with the buyer?”.

The order was one of the more difficult I had 'cause buyer… well, he was difficult… so while hitting on “RATE NOW” button I had a strange feeling… and I was right: thumb down :-q

I was not too surprised, but that doesn’t mean I’m not disappointed.

Buyer was a returning customer and previous orders were not a problem.

On conversation tab he asked me an application and told me his needs, but on the order asked something more and different… ok, I decided to go on anyway.

When I delivered the app, he told me “It does not works as I wanted it to work. So yes, it’s a trouble”; I asked him several times what was wrong with my app, but he disappeared for about 30 hours.

Then he was back and told me what (in his opinion) was bad; I tried to code something more to solve some possible problem, but was not really sure of his needs.

He disappeared again for almost one day and when back he told me he was having an “error message”; I asked him which error, I asked him what was wrong, I asked him to talk with me and explain clearly what the app was supposed to do and why it was not working as expected… words useless, 'cause he disappeared another time.

Time was running out… and when buyer got back, he wrote: "Since you probably not have enough knowledge to do it, I need to find someone else. The last updated you did, unforunately did not changed anything. 😕 "; I was a little upset for this answer and asked him to talk with me and show me how he was using the app… guess… he disappeared again!!

Finally he attached a screenshot of the app and that was the prove that he was using it in the wrong way: basicly the app had two panel (to accomplish two different tasks) and buyer was using PART of the the first and PART of the second and clicked WRONG button… strange, result was not the one expected!!!

So, after writing not less than five times the correct way to use the app and how I was able to obtain desired output with three clicks (yes, just three!!!), I decided to attach a screenshot with colours and numbered steps!! But buyer disappeared and didn’t answer.

Finally, after EIGHT days, he left a thumb down on my order, without writing anything, without commenting, nothing!

I tried to use Fiverrtron and contacted Customer Support asking to remove this vote, but I’m pretty sure I have to keep it…

What can I do? Trying to ask the customer to solve the problem together is not a way: he doesn’t answer!!!

I don’t want to ask a mutual cancellation, 'cause he has a fully working app…

Is there another way?

Fiverr will contact buyer requesting to change rating, but it’s up to the buyer at the end. If you can’t get it off of your rating, drown it out with more good ratings. What may seem like a tragedy now, will eventually be in the past and unseen to potential buyers, but I feel you and my only 1 out of 2000+ gigs delivered still haunts me to this day… 🙂

DTong

@mark74 it sounds to me from what you are saying this app was not for him and his “disappearing” was him giving it to his customer and asking them to check it. It also sounds to me from what you have written you are doing an awful lot of coding for your base gig.

I would send this buyer a message setting out clearly how the app worked and making it clear it does exactly what he ordered and where he was going wrong using it. If he ignores this contact support and point to the communication showing you delivered exactly what the buyer ordered and proved it was working correctly and they are not communicating even though you have delivered what was requested.

I would also code in a basic and simple trial on your apps when you deliver them, so they are trial until the buyer is happy with what you have delivered so there is no possibility of any “funny business”.

It does sound like in this case the buyer does not, or did not know what he wanted or how he wanted the app to work and if it was for someone else this would explain all the confusion from his side. The alarm bells would have gone off for me if I saw conflicting details on the order page as this is a clear indication of indecision or a clear lack of understanding of what they wanted.

The buyer will probably go off to someone else and the same thing will happen, or they will refuse to code it because of the amount of work involved or he will get a poorly coded app that looks like it has been coded in spagehetti ( the last possibility is the most likely) and will not work for long. I am sure he will come back to you eventually.

markp said: I would send this buyer a message setting out clearly how the app worked and making it clear it does exactly what he ordered and where he was going wrong using it. If he ignores this contact support
It's exactly what I did, but customer is not cooperative!!

He simply disappears and don't write me back!!!

markp said: It does sound like in this case the buyer does not, or did not know what he wanted or how he wanted the app to work
He asked me different things for the same app!! Nothing strange, many customers do... so I realize different "parts" each for a different task!!

But buyer, for some reason, even after a lot of my messages, continued using one panel and not the proper one!! There were only two, it was not hard to understand...

When he showed me he was doing it bad, I showed him the correct way (with an image, usings coloured steps too, 1, 2, 3 .....) but he didn't wrote me back.

markp said: The alarm bells would have gone off for me if I saw conflicting details on the order page as this is a clear indication of indecision or a clear lack of understanding of what they wanted.
It happens sometimes, it's not a big deal. Usually I easily manage these situations with my buyers... if only they talk with me!!! Look at their feedback: everyone is really happy!

I'm really disappointed: I wanted to solve this situations, but buyer refused any communication... I don't understand the reason...

mintyone said: Maybe if you offer him a refund to remove the feedback, he will.

I don't want to go through a mutual cancellation for two reasons:

- I overdelivered on a $25 order, I don't want to lose money when buyer has a fully working app!!

- Buyer doesn't answer my messages, there's nothing to do

Is there something wrong in the fact I want my money after providing a good service?

I would contact support and point them to the relevant communication if you explained to him already and he refuses to communicate further. If you really want the feedback removed you will have to bite the bullet and put in a mutual cancellation request even though he has the app, its either you cancel the order or you leave the feedback there. There are no other variables here really.

Not a great situation but hopefully you will get it sorted out.

However, claiming someone disappears for 24 hours is a bit silly; not everyone lives on their computer or check their emails every day. I now it can be a pain, but I’m sure he/she was not doing it in spite of you.

@rossonomus: you’re right, but buyer has my same time and two minutes before wrote me, then disappeared. And this happened several times!

He was there to write app doesn’t work but didn’t answer my questions for days!

I can’t help someone if he just says it doesn’t work!

When problem was clear he didn’t answer my suggestions… and now he leaves a negative feedback. It’s not fair… agree?

rossonomous said: Not a great situation but hopefully you will get it sorted out.

Customer Support says he is a good buyer and that he can leave a negative feedback even if I don't agree with him and that being a good seller I have to talk with buyer to solve this situation...

I told them maybe they didn't read the part "he doesn't answer my messages"...

Never mind: my first negative review... will be there as a reminder :D

Well, after my answer to Customer Support, this time a different guy “cancelled the feedback, as a sign of good faith”.

He added “Please note that the Buyer will be able to leave a new one and you should keep the communication open.”.

What should I do now?

Personally, as a buyer, I understand that you can’t make everyone happy all the time. There will always be jerks. If I am buying something, I don’t let one or two negative reviews affect my decision.

As a seller, I expect to get a negative review a some point. You just have to let your work samples speak for you.

pinesal said: As a seller, I expect to get a negative review a some point.

yes, you're right! But you know, I'd like (as everyone I think) that "that point" is far away :)

pinesal said: You just have to let your work samples speak for you.

I try to do my best with it... and I know that some buyer took a look at my LiveProtfolio, 'cause asked me something regard some app seen there ;)

Archived