First Fiverr Sales are just luck?

trapan

Hello guys.
I am new here on Fiverr. I created the account few months ago and now i decided to start this "hobby"
I posted my first gig about music producing 2 days ago and now i want to understand if the first sales are just luck !
No sales or orders until now! 😦
Sorry for my english 🙂
Thank you!

Producer,
Trapan

Think about it this way, if you go out for Pizza, is it just luck where you end up? Or do you make a conscious decision to eat somewhere which doesn’t have grime on the walls, burly “I’m going to kill you with my eyes” wait staff and a host of other problems?

My guess is that you choose what you perceive as the best pizzeria in your price range.

This is how it works for getting orders on Fiverr. Look at your competition and make yourself stand out. If you do that, you will get your first sales eventually and from then on in it’s all about building your reputation.

That said, prolonged dry sales spells will probably mean that you are simply not offering something that is in demand. In this case, think about using dry periods to extend your skill range.

Or maybe your number is up. We are onto you. We know your secret.

Don’t try anything stupid or… she gets it. A lot. It’ll be hard work for everyone involved. Capisce? HARD WORK for EVERYONE. MEN MOSTLY. VERY UNLUCKY, UNLESS YOU GIVE ME $1m.

Not that I’ll do anything, because I’ll be out there being frivolous with my million (not millions)

Its weird that i saw everyday on forums gig stories and i have seen that almost everybody had first seller in first 2 days after posting !
I have this account from March 2016 but i didnt posted gigs then and i have no reviews. maybe this is the problem?
Account from March but no reviews ?

My first Fiverr gig was for ebook formatting. I can do this much better than many people on Fiverr and already had a portfolio of books which I could show people. However, that gig made something stupid like 4 sales over the course of a year.

Some gigs won’t sell because there simply isn’t enough demand. You are coming at this from the perspective that it is all luck. It’s not but you are unwilling to appreciate this.

You said “I can do this much better than many people on Fiver” but you get just 4 order over the course of a year. That does not mean you’re unlucky?
I am in the same problem as you. I made a lot of sales in another way but here i just cant get them.
That’s all talk about !
Maybe my english is not very good and i was misunderstood.

Luck has nothing to do with a first sale or any sale. As I said failure to understand this is not good. Luck is not part of anything to do with sales.

Luck is when you gamble hoping fate will let you win. This is not luck.
This is not gambling. This is entirely about business including the first sale.
I hope you see what I mean. It is important that people understand this.

Fiverr is entirely about business and effort. I offered $25 worth of work for $5 and advertised everywhere I could think of in my first month. I even handed out paper ads in my home town. It took me 10 days to get 2 sales and in 3 weeks I had 10 sales.

After 2 years I do get some sales from referrals or people just finding me on Fiverr search or my website. I do about 5-10 minutes work for $5. That’s still not just luck. If things get slow and I need sales, I start pushing harder again.

If you want to rely on luck, you aren’t using Fiverr in a way that works. If no sales is good enough for you, good luck!

Well, ‘luck’ isn´t entirely incorrect. It´s already luck, if you were born with the faint future possibility of being successful on fiverr in your genes, unless of course you want to attribute that to fate, the moon phase, a deity of your choice or other real or imagined forces. Luck isn´t too bad a choice.

Archived