What is your order cancellation ratio?

finalstep

I’m just curious to see what’s considered high around here. I heard people losing their levels due to cancellations, so just wondering. Mine is 8%, virtually all the cancels are because buyers don’t read instructions though.

What’s everyone else’s cancel rate?

We are at 2%, but we’ve only had 125 orders. I would guess that a reasonable target for higher volume gigs would be around 5%. I would think a rate at or above 10% would indicate a possible issues with the description or wording of the gig.

With a worldwide client base, our gig description might sound perfectly understandable to us, but there are plenty of non-english buyers who may not understand all the details. They might think they do, but a language barrier may have given a different impression. This may even apply more so for the technical and complex gigs.

Just my thoughts…but if 1 out of every 5 buyers is making an error when ordering your gig, a flag should be raised.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

7%, 5,000+ completed orders. Most of them were “oops please cancel” or people ordering services that I can not do. It used to be 9% until I started being more difficult about canceling. I think the new fiverr has also somewhat improved the description so more people read it. People used to send me 500+ scripts for $5. Say whaaaat?!

Archived