Thank You Fiverr!

writer99025

That’s understandable…incomes are taxed, not assets as in company stock. The rich have a vast majority of their assets in stocks, they don’t depend on a monthly income. This is the same with the rich all over the world…wealth creators don’t pay tax, they create companies, industries etc. and provide a livelihood to others. Their employees - the middle class - pays tax. Unless you want to tax assets or stocks - which will destroy wealth and industry and take us back to the 18th century, the rich like Buffett, Zuckerberg and Gates will continue to pay very little tax. Good on them! The poor, of course, don’t earn an income and don’t have assets, so don’t have to pay tax.

(Caveat: Properties are taxed heavily in many countries - so rich do pay tax on real estate and every country charges capital gains tax on sale of stock. So rich eventually have to pay tax, they can’t get away with it. They just don’t pay tax on capital appreciation, which is what I meant.)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here’s my problem with tax: It’s a scam. End of.

I live in an apartment which I pay the rent on. I pay for all my utilities and food and everything I need to live. In like regard, I pay tax on those utilities every time I pay them. In the meantime, for the work I do, I have to buy computer equipment, software licenses and pay my Internet bill. As another cost, I have to pay for private health insurance.

So there I am with say $10,000 in overall expenses for the year due to my need to pay for shelter, insurance, food etc, all things which have an element of tax already built into them. Ok that’s fine. But what’s this?

Why look, it’s the tax man! Here he comes and says, “ey up boyo, we’re going to need 20% of your overall income this year. Also, because you’re a cheeky bar steward and do this freelance business, we’re going to need you to pay your tax in advance and give is a further 20% for every delivery you ever make.”

But why? As a freelancer, I’m not covered by my countries social security system even though I have to pay towards it, I don’t take anything from the country (don’t give me roads and hospitals bull crap) and what tax I do pay will never go toward any of the things the government says it will. Instead, every penny gets ‘invested’ with the IMF and replaced with a loan from the IMF to facilitate the next year’s infrastructure and public service spending. It’s a SCAM.

India, England, it’s all a load of common sense FUBAR-ness. And the best part is that a large part of people’s tax goes toward paying politicians to sit and get sozzled while writing laws to create more taxes, pay themselves more money, and gag the press from talking about their taxpayer-fueled weekends away with their favorite rent boys.

It’s a SCAM and that’s why I will never get a certificate for being a good surf and regurgitating my wallet contents to the tax man.

What I think when I hear gay? Wordsworth of course, what else:

<<I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud
BY WILLIAM WORDSWORTH
*********** are my addition

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o’er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed—and gazed—but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils. >>

Might be because I was forced to learn it by heart at a young and impressible age.

Taxes…no, I won´t go there. I´ll go and read a poem or about poets or something instead.

I wish I could get food, shelter, health insurance, and utilities where I live for $10,000 a year. As someone who is self employed I too pay tax every 3 months in advance for the year and it’s also 20%. And I can think of nothing except the roads I drive on that gives me back anything useful for my tax money, aside from our military which gets the bulk of people’s tax dollars.
It’s a shame that military isn’t used and the money spent with more good sense.

This really isn’t super easy to answer because it’s still subject to interpretation. Even the OED (my personal choice for these kind of issues) has revised and re-revised their definitions and etymology explanations more than once.

I was forced to read a lot of old stuff to get my degree and these days I’m much more likely to read cheap modern trash. I remember that Chaucer used gay to mean a promiscuous person even while he used it in other passage to mean frivolous or cheerful. A little later Shakespeare did the same thing, alternating between shades of meaning in well more than 50 ways.

Even near-ancient religious groups encouraged the idea that those who loved or were intimate with people of the same gender were also usually deviate or promiscuous. Of course, how they could know that unless they had tried it is kind of an oddity. 🙂 Added to that, men who were with men were often categorized as both effeminate and overly cheerful. This stereotype has some factual basis although obviously we don’t all fit any stereotype. Even some cows don’t mind being saddled up like a horse - but it’s rare in my experience.

I don’t think the word gay was really openly used to mean same-gender couple until at least the 1920’s and perhaps even later. Since it was suggested, though, along with quite a few other terms that fit even less, I guess it just stuck. I think it’s a much nicer word than some!

Next question - why do we call pants a pair of pants even though it is really one thing with 2 legs? If you buy clothing designed for a person with one leg, is it a pant or a pair of pants? And, to keep this in proper theme, should a pant be taxed at half the rate of a pair of pants?

A lot of the US military budget is R&D. A vast amount, in fact–it dwarves spending on e.g. healthcare and education. The best bit is it’s all top secret and probably involves aliens (or not, but I like a bit of alien spice in my conspiracy theory)

I live in Greece–all taxes here are funneled straight into the pockets of German banks to sustain the ongoing fraud. I have a low opinion of tax, as do most people here. People are eating out of bins in the name of austerity. Perhaps writer sometimes sees people eating out of bins too (I bet bin eaters don’t pay tax or have bronze certificates except for “third fastest bin eater” and similar). The taxman can go something my something.

I like pants. Pants are comfortable. I prefer elasticated waists for even more comfort. In really hot weather, I eschew pants and instead sit around like a degenerate in my underwear.

the POTUS doesn’t even have clearance to some of the topmost levels of confidential documentation (there’s a whole bunch of levels over his head–I’d love to meet people with the top top top clearance… well, probably not, I probably wouldn’t survive long after such an encounter, but you know what I mean). That’s not to say the POTUS can’t access certain info (on a ‘need to know’ basis) if it’s required for sensitive decision making, but it does raise some rather important questions.

You should join my election party which I’m hosting elsewhere on the forums on the 8th or whenever this farce takes place!

Hi @writer99025
No one is against you really

Remember these posts?
favicon.icoFiverr Forum http://forum.fiverr.com//images/default-apple-touch-icon.png

Dream Come True, Bought my New car, SO EXCITED!

Hello friends, i am so excited because i bought my dream car Hyundai i20 Active..Paid full amount without any installment (only from the earnings from fiverr)...Couple of years ago, i have joined fiverr to do some graphic designing jobs, later i...

Reading time: 1 mins ? Likes: 2 ❤

favicon.icoFiverr Forum http://forum.fiverr.com//images/default-apple-touch-icon.png

Financial Advice for Successful Freelancers from Emerging Nations

A young freelancer from India talked about buying a car on Fiverr Stories with her Fiverr money. That got me thinking. Here's my free avuncular advice for her and others like her based on my life experiences. Congratulations on buying the new...

Reading time: 3 mins ? Likes: 5 ❤

Majority feels just the way you felt when you wrote that post. In short, majority feels you should invest that cash instead of paying tax.

That’s me all year, in winter I just sit closer to the fire. The only problem is that dreaded event when there is a knock at the door and suddenly your left with just 30 seconds to shower, shave, brush hair, and put something more presentable on than the sofa throw.

Archived