Commercial use

asamad90

Hi All,
Is the T-Shirt designs ar copyright protected? If I bought a T-shirt design from Fiverr sellers(Artist or Designer) could i use it commerially, without acknowledging him/her in written? if No , What about if the idea is mine and she/he only implemented it?

• Like 1

You will need to see the terms you agreed, please post the link here if you have it readily available. Regarding intellectual property rights, usually if you are buying a piece of work with commercial intentions that are clear, then the purchasing of the gig may be considered enough for licensing or usage purposes.

Hello,

When you purchase a design on Fiverr, the ownership will pass on to you from the seller, unless otherwise specified.

If their is an extra to buy the commercial license, then you have to buy it in order to use it for commercial purpose.

Even if the idea is yours, I guess then he designed it using his/her skills. So they should have the rights. I am not very sure on this, but probably someone can correct me if I am wrong.

So I suggest you to talk to your seller and ask his/her permission to use it for commercial purpose. And I would suggest you to take a snapshot of your chat with the seller and keep it for future.

For more information, please visit:
Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights

Hope I was able to answer your query.

Regards

One thing to note here… might not be your case, but be aware that especially those offering “top designs for 5$” are most likely using some media libraries from the internet which might, or might NOT be free for commercial use. In the real world, anything you want to use commercially needs some sort of disclosure / usage agreement signed by both sides. As this is not really possible on fivver (one is not even allowed to disclose his own email address leave alone further details) you are actually using it on your own risk. Depending on the country, legislation can be pretty tough when it comes to intellectual property rights.
So if you did not have any type of specific copyright agreement with the seller, you’d better clarify that with him.

• Like 1

bizzytip …great …but is it enough to mention in the communication between us in the comments of Fiverr that " I’m going to sell it on an eCommerce market" ? although, I made tick on the commercial use box before he start the project.

• 4 years later...