If you're going to penalize sellers for cancelling orders

calvinw

… then give us the option to accept or reject an order.

Some people just order insufficiently and ask me to start working on a project and half the time they are either unresponsive or unwilling to my attempts at explaining the pricing system that’s already explained in my gig packages and gig descriptions.

I understand they want to reduce cancellation rates, but I don’t think it’s fair to penalize the sellers as such.

• 2 weeks later...

In my case, as I am offering server management services, many users order the gig for server management but they ask me to perform hardware level tasks which are beyond the scope of gig and thus cancel when I inform them.

By this way, I am losing my ranking. So, there should be an option to accept and reject the gig before starting work

• 2 weeks later...
Guest theyellowcrow

I also saw a number of attachments. But not with this post. I found them on other posts. And all of them were same attachments on different posts.

Fiverr needs to check on this.

Guest theyellowcrow

I totally agree. Sellers should have the option to accept the order or not.
Some buyers will directly order a gig and will ask for mount Everest in $5. Man, I don’t own that mountain. Ask me for the hill/boulder that I can deliver.

Guest theyellowcrow

I totally agree.

Sellers should have the option to accept or reject an order based on the requirements submitted by the buyer.

Some buyers will ask for the Mount Everest for $5. Man, I don’t own that mountain. Ask me for the boulder that I own.

I agree with this because It’s not just the Buyers who make this platform big but also it’s the seller(Freelancer) work several hours and then if there is one rude buyer decide to damage months of hard work just by clicking rating rudely. Then all the hard-work which we put for months will be penalized within seconds.

There should be a change which support both Buyer and Sellers. Some clients abuse the power of rating and the ask for countless modifications of a simple 5USD gig. I came across such client once. Who ordered a basic gig and once i delivered he never gave any feedback. When i sent him the design idea. He was all happy. after One month he decided to gave me feedback and gave me 3 start. The only thing we can do is rate that client once and we can’t really do anything about it.

There should be a win win situation for both sides.

Archived