Fiverr may have helped me find love - In the library!

eoinfinnegan

Nice. 🙂

You’re aware that you can now write the book you´re ‘only’ translating so far?

And if the self-help one won´t fly, just collect the knitting recipes or however that´s called and market that as eBook, might be a niche still!

For those who wanted an update to what I am sure will become a saga:

On Saturday I went to another library, a bigger one in a bigger town near me. All of the libraries in the area are linked so you can take books from one and return them in another etc. Its handy as it means I can have all the selection of the big one with the convenience of the local one for returns.
What I didn’t realize til yesterday is that they also share STAFF! Staff move between the different libraries as they are needed. So when returning something to the big library yesterday I was met by the knowing smile of the older lady who is usually at my local library.
FML
For those wondering, I was returning a box set of Parks and Recreation (highly commended) and taking out a Samuel Beckett audio book. I wonder if she thought that my change in type of material was due to a conversion based on the suggestions of the book on how to meet women…
Chicks dig Samuel Beckett…

He spent quite some time in Germany, before he went to Paris. I’ve been to the Cimetière du Montparnasse and saw his grave. Not especially for the famous graves though, I generally like cemeteries. However, off-topic apart, I think Beckett might not be a very safe bet with German chicks, I suspect a good part of those who went to a school that has actual literature on their english lesson plans, might hate him. That has to do with ‘Waiting for Godot’. We´re a punctual people, as everyone knows. We are never late, and we don´t like to wait for people who are late either.

Parks seem a sensible choice for meeting women nevermind the nationality though, at least the chances heighten to meet some who don´t spend all day on pc or console games. And if you go in summer or while autumn graces us with mild days, you might get lucky with a knitting one on one of the benches too, so if nothing else, some new patterns for part 2 of your knitting eBook bestseller await you.

edited to add:
Fun thing is that the original text is in French. And I think it´s on lesson plans for both English and German classes. So if you get very lucky there might even be a chance to wait for Godot two times, or three, in case your French teacher knows about the French original and throws it in too 😉 Personally I like the book though, who couldn´t like a book with a character named Estragon/Tarragon.

I didn´t hear about him making the trains run on time, probably not, because one hears he built the Autobahn all the time, so probably he had his money in there and not the train business.

A very interesting thing one doesn´t often hear about him btw is, that he was born in Austria-Hungary, not Germany, it´s really astonishing how many people are unaware of that, and that he, after Austria-Hungary had been ‘attached to’ Germany, declared the villages his parents and grandparents were from, for prohibited zones, and had brasses some of his predecessors had there, taken away. But that´s leading us too far off-topic now.
Yes, he was evil BUT he built the Autobahn!

Thank you, you´re welcome to adapt it for yours, in case you´d like to.
I´m honestly curious to see if I´ll ever encounter someone who will only get limited reviews and will point to it and claim to be a sensible person. So far I´m doing very well on the revision front.

There must be a market for adult knitting patterns. I could see it being a big hit with certain market segments (the kind who think that 50 Shade of Grey is a great book, for example, along with the ‘I’m so zany, look at my handmade b oob sweater!’)

Actually, if there is a knitting pattern expert out there who would like to collaborate with me (I’ll provide the fruity writing and marketing), then contact me. If this book doesn’t exist, then it needs to.

Of course, it would need to be translated into German. Whither the knitting pattern experts! Put the sticks down and get on this!

I was just doing some reading about it. Seems that the A-Bahn project was started before WWI and according to some, the Nazis jumped on top of it to make it their project along with the Volkswagen as a way of stimulating the German economy.

Say what you like about the rest of it, but they were quite good at rebuilding the German economy. I know that quite a lot of older Germans have told me their parents (who would have been young adults in the 1930s–so before all the nastiness of the war) still held private opinions that Hitler wasn’t a complete devil.

You should definitely try to grab a copy of Unsere Muetter, Unsere Vaeter (Our Mothers, Our Fathers), a German series that looked at the normal people and how the war affected them. It’s more interesting than the monstrous caricatures of evil that the English-speaking world (with it’s insistence that we saved the world from evil) often presents.

It’s also often forgotten that the British and American occupation of West Germany after the war wasn’t covered in glory either. Oh yes, we had nice little camps too, but that rather ruins the hero narrative. Then there’s Operation Paperclip, of course. There’s also a rather interesting expedition to the South Pole which I’ve been reading about lately (google Admiral Byrd and put your tinfoil hat on, as this is linked to the hollow earth conspiracy theory in which the world is actually a donut and ‘aliens’ are actually just super-tech Morlocks. It’s interesting, if nothing else…). How is this relevant to Nazis? Well, they also went there and got lost… forever. Combined with the South American connection, particularly in Argentina and one does have to wonder, between the declassified documents and lurid theory, what it all really means and what, ultimately, we really know about reality.

Also,keep an eye on the election. There’s some nice stuff re: Clinton bribing the FBI. Of course, everyone seems to be more interested in who slept with who at the moment which is far more important…

I guess that was a very tangential post.

There were Nazis in Argentina and even the theory that Hitler escaped to that country to be housed by sympathizers for the rest of his life. There are farmhouses with underground bunkers and tunnels, and a creepy remote hotel that the owning family closed to the public
after the war so they supposedly could hide Hitler from the world. Hitler’s body has never been found, which seems strange, although a skeleton has been unearthed that some think may be his. Even with DNA testing there still is no evidence of where his remains were buried.

Clinton may have indeed bribed the FBI director, and he got scared of being caught so to counter the appearance of helping her, he did the improper and strongly protested deed of releasing, 11 days before the election, an incredibly vague statement that the investigation of emails is being reopened.

Why even have a private email server, if not to send emails free of scrutiny.

Nazis, if you detach the term a bit from it´s origin in Nationalsozialistische Partei, and see it as it is widely used today, were and are everywhere really. It´s an attitude, a mindset, not linked to any nationality. Proof: the biggest subcategory of nazis the internet can boast of, the ‘grammar n**i’, I don´t know if they exist in every nation, but at least I know they aren´t exclusively German, though that species at least serves an educational purpose, perhaps, every once in a while, when the scolded one rather takes the opportunity to polish their ‘grammer’, instead of returning fire.

Well, they (the Russians) did find a bit of skull. Which they refuse to turn over/have lost/whatever.

Hitler was pretty much a wreck by 1945 anyway thanks to his Dr. Even if he had been airlifted to Argentina, there would have been the process of weaning him off the drugs quietly. Or simply not and just keeping him hidden and doped up. Goering also had issues. I’m sure more, but I can’t recall now. I mean, take Hess, who fled to Scotland and got locked up with NO real interview.

I’d love to know what really happened in the end. You should also check out Er ist Wieder Da" (Look Who’s Back) which was made into a film. Basic synopsis, Hitler somehow timetravels to today with selective memory loss, becomes a social media celebrity.

Well, that…there´s the wonderful word ‘library’ in the post title, and we´re discussing things you might learn in a library? No? Well, I tried.

Eoin, we need another update urgently, put your knitting needles in your backpack and hit up one of your libraries, or a parkbench close to one, please.

There was even an old faded photo I saw somewhere of what appeared to be an old ailing Hitler having dinner with the family in Argentina that housed him. They had a complete small farm and devoted workers to supply all the food they needed. It was a secret little industry to take care of him.

Think this is the town I was talking about earlier. I kinda want to go there and find Zombie Hitler.

NOTE: if any enterprising zombie filmmakers wish to create a Zombie Hitler script, contact me. It’s the same old but with decrepit Nazis, Hitler and at least something really weird to see what we can get away with. Gimme the royalties, I’ll waive the fees bar a basic. It will be an incredibly trashy movie, but Nazis sell. Do you want money or auteurism?

Archived