Raising Prices Can Help You

fastcopywriter

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The value of 24/hour delivers depends on the buyer. A busy executive might pay you $20 to deliver in 24/hours, someone else might not. That’s why I make express an extra and not the main feature of a gig.

I’m glad buyer requests helps you, it’s never done much for me. Sometimes I get an order from there, but it’s too much work for the money.

The answer to your question is ridiculously simple: Go there your target customers are located. And to do that, you need to know who your target customers are. If you’re just putting your services out there to make a quick $5 off of anyone who will place an order, then, sadly, you’re doing it wrong.

Business is about customers. You need to know who they are, and where they are located. If you overlook this key requirement, then you’re not likely to find success in this business.

It always baffles me when sellers are offering complete logos (with unlimited revisions, and all the trimmings) for only $5. Why? Why go that low? Why shoot yourself in the foot? Even the small design firms don’t offer work on a single logo for less than $300-$500.

I understand the concept of going lower so that small businesses can afford a new logo, but you’re not going to make a consistent living off of pennies. Don’t charge on time, charge on worth. What is your professional work and skills worth, and how low can you go for this market (while still getting paid appropriately)?

I know sellers here on Fiverr whose lowest basic package is $30-$40, and they’re still making sales. The days of charging by time are disappearing rapidly here on Fiverr. $5 for 15 minutes is a thing of the past, now that packages have been released and you can charge more in line with what your work is worth – rather than in 15 minutes segments.

Charge your worth, prove that your work is worth that amount, and you’ll make a living from clients who want quality, not quick-and-done cheap deliveries for the lowest possible price.

You’re in business to make happy clients. Happy clients become repeat clients. Repeat clients bring your success. Build success, not a desperate rush for $5.

I have a private client as an example. The pricing for this clients is a little bit more difficult as the total price that rolls out of my calculation sheet is the result of different variables. Lately there was a weak month, as they ordered less due to certain circumstances. After two weeks I saw that I would not reach my monthly minimum target. What I did was raising their prices by changing one of their variables by $0,05 with the result that the price was raised in a delicate way and my income was back on track even though I had less work to do.
They didn’t even noticed the price difference and often they also tip me.

Very true In fact one should ask himself the simple question "Can I afford to work for pennies?"
Honestly I can’t and my time is very valuable for me. I started on Fiverr in 2011, had a couple of sales and went away 4 years because it wasn’t worth it. Last year I came back and did it different.

I just can’t afford to work for little wages, otherwise I have to look for a 9 to 5 job and I don’t want to do that. Another reason for not doing it is simple that I don’t have to, because most of the time I’m fully booked.

I love stats ! Business Stats not stats subject when i was studying lolx . You are doing great even in these days .

Its great your notice stats day by day like earning , etc . But some people like me look month by month . So Some days without bucks some days with $$$ … So Great brother . Keep it up . Raising price is best . Because buyers pay for the quality things i don’t know about other niche but in programming or in tech works buyers do pay . So thats a good decision . Let me share with you what i do . I have good prices according to my business. But when i think traffic or people are not purchasing my gig but they do clicks like daily 60 to 100 clicks then i notice my price is having the issue to my buyers then i decrease it then i saw rapid change .So when you think that traffic or orders are coming less then decrease it according to suitable level . When you have so much traffic then increase it back . This strategy i am following from last 3 years and finally my average/order increase from 35$ to 36$ yesterday. Thats average on per order ,

Happy for you keep . Best of luck

“I would like a refund on this tattoo I hate it”

I have 4 revision requests this week. Everything’s great, but where is my art? Your samples show some (uh I don’t have any) yet we just have technical.

Yeah well, I go by the brief. You wanted leaden keyword. You want offkey shit, let me do offkey shit. It must be one of those months as usually it all runs smooth.

These guys wouldn’t even like my offkey shit.

Thanks! The Excel spreadsheet is a great idea. I need to do that.
I agree. I raised my prices recently and I am making so much more per hour, and am even working more hours. People like to order from sellers who take enough pride in their work to get paid enough for it.

Small design firms have to pay a lot of salaries, taxes, office space, etc. A graphic designer on Fiverr might be a poor student or a working professional that needs extra money or an amateur or a retiree.

Besides, whenever you see a logo designer with a queue of 50 or 150, that’s usually a graphic design firm in Indonesia, Malaysia, or some other country where earning in dollars really helps.

@fastcopywriter - Yes, but just imagine how successful and profitable those Indonesian or Malaysian logo sellers could be if they charged competitive prices. If $5 is a day’s wages over there (and immense wealth to begin with)… and the Fiverr market (as well as their skill and sales reputation) could support a $15 basic gig, they would basically be tripling their profit for the same amount of work.

Yet, none of those Asian sellers do that. They have the market cornered (top row in the gig categories – buyers see their gigs first). $5/gig is huge income for them. If they were smart, they’d think like a businessman, raise their prices, and make even more profit off of packages, thereby improving their bottom line.

It baffles me how simple that concept is, yet, they take no business risk, content only to be giving away everything for only $5. They are, therefore, not marketing themselves on quality or worth.

Archived