Seller is telling me to accept a delivered gig in order to start the work requested

pocketpadusa

I bought a gig and gave complete instructions and examples to the seller on what to do, they stated they understood. Later that day they sent me things that were not what I ordered and asked me to complete the gig so they could start work on it. If I did that wouldn’t they get the money for completing a gig even though they did not deliver what we agreed upon? Then it would appear as though the transaction is complete?

Just speaking from personal experience, I have purchased gigs from several different sellers which were on tight deadlines according to their Fiverr listings. Just happened that I had placed my order at a time they were also buzy with other gigs or personal life, etc.

In those cases I had been having good communication with the sellers, and felt that I would eventually get the gig I ordered, so I marked them “accepted / received” or whatever the term was - then waited a few days to a week past the deadline to actually get the delivery. Never felt cheated. In fact, I think those sellers might have actually given me better work results in the end since I was flexible enough to let them go past their deadline. Probably better results than if they had been “forced” by a deadline to do a rush job. Saved their ratings, and still got my stuff.

So if I chose that seller because they offered something unique, I would give them some leeway to get it done instead of cancelling and having to staret over with another seller. Sometimes $5 is a good gamble.

But that is only because it has worked for me so far. You can certainly act or feel differently.

The weird part about the seller in the original question in this thread is that they seem to have just decided it must happen that way without consulting the buyer first. And maybe even sending an unrelated file? So what will Fiverr customer service say or do if they ever need to referee this issue? The seller seems to have admitted sending incomplete/unrelated files and initiated the extension.

Agreed with @artemist yes you have to contact the seller first and communicate. If he had a genuine reason, just give him time.

Do not worry, seller will go nowhere taking their money. If the seller does not deliver on deadline he said. then go to Customer Support and tell them you have given time and yet he doe not deliver.

Do not straight away go to Customer Support. First communicate with SELLER.

As being a seller, i asked few time such favor from buyer and i over-deliver them all the time.

based on what happened with your seller , I’d consider that a major red-flag unless you got some communication with them saying they needed more time. From what I hear , gigs going “late” hurt your gig in the search results.

I often ask people to let me mark a gig complete so it doesnt go late or kindly ask them to cancel until I’m freed up a bit. Simple as that.

Most of the time my buyers have no problem letting me complete the gig early without the work actually being turned in… But taking a look at my ratings , you’ll see why they probably feel they can already trust me to do such a thing with them.

@pocketpadusa Do not mark it as complete. Tell them straight the clock is ticking down and you want what you ordered or you are going to reject it. Once it is marked complete you can still get a refund or cancel it though customer service, but it’s much more work and this seems like a very dubious seller to say the least.

Archived