Has spam spelled the end of Forum posting for unlevelled sellers?

capitalquality

It’s interesting timing that there are more discussions than usual going on at the moment about whether to let unlevelled sellers post, or whether to give them time to read the forums and learn from other posts first.

I hope the recent spam attack will force the decision. If it does, I wish I’d thought of it. Damn.

I think the discussion was more or less not letting newbs post (often stolen) tips or begging for work rather than not posting at all. Personally, I’d say a little restriction or even making the point system more effective: Instead of just a like button, there could be a (hidden, to preserve hurt egos) dislike button that also made posts invisible after, a threshold. There aren’t really any good ways to stop this from happening. My tactic is extreme rudeness, but… hm.

From my POV just the end to new topic postings but postings in general could follow suit. I offered up a suggestion where noobs were restricted to 3 topic posts a week but now I’m thinking 1 would be better. Really like the dislike button idea but I’m sure some will try to find a way to abuse that idea if implemented (like the BR section for example).

For now, I’m not going to go into any responses on this thread, but I just thought I’d mention one thing to keep in mind. I don’t see it being likely that unleveled forum users will be extensively limited or stopped from posting in most or all forum categories. The reason I don’t see it happening is that we do want buyers to be able to post with few limitations and want more buyer participation. Unless Fiverr implements a leveling system for buyers (something I am for personally) any blocks to unleveled sellers would also affect many buyers.

Even so, the moderation team does intend to continue being a little tougher in moderation when unleveled sellers behave inappropriately on the forum. This is one way they will learn. 🙂

Archived