Do This, NOT That! (10 Tips for Sellers)

authoreva

FELLOW SELLERS WHO ARE THINKING OF MESSAGING ME

Please don’t send me private messages to help you with issues that only customer support can help you with.

I’ve received dozens of messages from new sellers who are either telling me to help them change their negative reviews or get something to work on their gig page.

Also, I’ve been asked to purchase their gigs or are seeking detailed advice on how to create and manage their gig. This forum and Fiverr Academy are both great tools. Please take the time to read all this FREE advice instead of soliciting free advice from me or anyone else directly.

I already have tons of orders and buyers to respond to and these messages become distracting, as I have to respond to each and every one so my response rate doesn’t drastically go down.

I’m sure most of you have meant well and just don’t realize that one on one advice sessions are virtually impossible, unless I’m online 24/7.

However, your comments on this post are greatly appreciated and I’m not discouraging you from responding on here.

Thanks!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You’re welcome! Honestly, I noticed that my sales dropped slightly around that time as well. I think gig packages have really helped me out, though. Because now I make more per order. I’d rather have 10 orders in my queue at $20 each instead of 20 basic gig orders. So don’t look so much at how many clients you get. Instead, look at how much is made from each transaction.

Have you tried updating your gig description, title, or tags at all? That could help!

• 1 month later...

That´s a great post.

I´d like to add a tip for this point, as it´s very true:
“5. Do deliver your gig on time and even a bit ahead of time if you can. (As long as that doesn’t mean compromising the quality of your work.) DON’T wait to deliver within the last 10 minutes. The fiverr system isn’t infallible. What if there’s a glitch? Your internet isn’t infallible either. What if your WiFi decides to not cooperate with you? I’d say when the expected delivery is in 24 hours, take away at least 1 hour from that and regard it as 23.”

Find one or two direct neighbours for a ‘if your internet is down, you may use mine and vice versa’-deal, then it´s easier to call upon that, if needed. I didn´t need it yet, but a neighbour had to resort to my internet to send some mails a while ago (so she´ll be my obvious choice, if it happens to me ;)). Of course, if workers cut a cable in your street, your neighbours might have no internet either, so you might want to inform yourself of the closest internetcafé or place with (free) wifi ahead of time too, to reduce the chance of late deliveries further 😉

• 1 month later...

What are you talking about? o.O

Dear Autho:

One of the things about the new Fiverr Forum that takes a little getting used is that now, new posts are added to the end of the thread, instead of directly below the post they reference.

However, if you click on the “reply” link (the bent arrow pointing to the previous poster to whom the current poster is replying) on the top right corner of the post box, you can often see the original post.

So in this case, @smks15 was commenting on a post that @aditiverma1 made in November 2016, which was apparently nothing more than 6 spam links.

I flagged the offending post as spam, so hopefully it will be removed. In doing so, I earned my “First Flag” badge.

Hope that answered your question,

Blaise

P.S. Now that this topic has more than 100 replies, reading it from beginning to end should help folks earn the [“Reader Badge”] (http://forum.fiverr.com/badges/17/reader).

Dear Autho:

One of the things about the new Fiverr Forum that takes a little getting used is that now, new posts are added to the end of the thread, instead of directly below the post they reference.

However, if you click on the “reply” link (the bent arrow pointing to the previous poster to whom the current poster is replying) on the top right corner of the post box, you can often see the original post.

So in this case, @smks15 was commenting on a post that @aditiverma1 made in November 2016, which was apparently nothing more than 6 spam links.

I flagged the offending post as spam, so hopefully it will be removed. In doing so, I earned my “First Flag” badge.

Blaise

P.S. Now that this topic has more than 100 replies, reading it from beginning to end should help folks earn the [“Reader Badge”] (http://forum.fiverr.com/badges/17/reader).

Thank you for your explanation, and sorry for your inconvenience,

Thank you for your explanation, and sorry for your inconvenience,

Dear Smks15,

There was no inconvenience.

Please just understand that with the new Forum, the preferred method for dealing with that type of spammy post is to simply mark it as spam with the Flag icon and let the Moderators handle it.Flag.PNG.bce2f863c416ec6b628911f59cb91369.PNG

We’re all learning about our new tools.

Thank you,

Blaise

Dear Smks15,

Please just understand that with the new Forum, the preferred method for dealing with that type of spammy post is to simply mark it as spam with the Flag icon and let the Moderators handle it.9ade44c744369bff988d982ea56bf5afcec811f7.PNG

Thank you,

Blaise

I glad to your instruction. Thank you dear blaisefaint.

Dear Autho:

Blaise

Thank you for clearing that up and marking that stuff as spam. I appreciate it! 🙂

Happy New Year!!

Dear Smks15,

Please just understand that with the new Forum, the preferred method for dealing with that type of spammy post is to simply mark it as spam with the Flag icon and let the Moderators handle it.9ade44c744369bff988d982ea56bf5afcec811f7.PNG

Thank you,

Blaise

Its hidden so I can’t understand about it first, see ------ I have to press “----” 1st, then get flag option j000.png.c802dceae10d50b088c4d42933f200f0.png

Archived