Why do you initiate a mutual cancellation?

misscrystal

I’ve had lots of buyers who are confused or asking for things my gigs do not provide. I have to request a mutual cancellation in these cases.

I also get buyers who sometimes have been sending multiple strange messages for months about all sorts of things that have nothing to do with my gigs and are pointless, yet finally after months of annoying messages decide to order, only to put on the order they want something that is not even related to the gig.

I don’t like cancellations and unfortunately they are a necessity as I do not want disappointed confused clients who would be even more confused if I went ahead with the order. And usually these types of buyers are unable for some reason to simply find the accept button on the cancellation request.

It seems to happen more and more. Do others experience this?

Idiocy. My last one was straight thru CS actually: a buyer who had a $5 gig (10 words) and wanted an article was disappointed with my over-delivery of 40 words. He then threatened a 1-star review. Which was rubbish, he literally clicked on the first star and “poor experience” after some mod ping-pong.

Anyway CS deleted it. This was a month ago. Imagine my surprise when this moron ordered again doing the same thing! I sent a note to CS with the ticket # for the prior issue and Nick made him toast. This buyer is apparently a hot shit shot in Silicon Valley. I fail to see anything bar an entitled dumbass.

For similar other sellers, I send a message requesting clarification ASAP along with details of what I will deliver without a clarification. The non-respondents usually just remain that way, while those with more tactile contact with their gig order more.

I would prefer to shoot them all at dawn though. If you make no effort why should I?

Have to, been off Fiverr search for 5 out of last 6 months…because of vacation mode and limit orders…sinking in the search results because of that. Funny thing is my sales from Apri 1 till mid-Oct are the same as this point last year which was an incredibly busy one for me. 99% of my orders are from old buyers, who have ordered 30 to 50 times over the years. Fewer orders, bigger orders, 10 to 30 articles per order. This should be a case study for the folks at Fiverr…how a seller can live completely off old buyers. A blog post is in order 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Too many tweaks and revisions requested after delivering the gig. Imagine negotiating for a blue themed website, delivering as promised and then getting a “umm, this is exactly like I wanted but I guess it does not look good as I thought it would when I imagined it, could you make it a red themed website so that I can compare?”. Sure, let me just find the mutual cancellation button.

Archived