Almost every second buyer just manipulating us

rehmat_laal

Yes, I agree with you to some extent, because I did not say that all the buyer are the same or all of them are manipulating new sellers. I have clearly mentioned that every second buyer does this, and that’s true.

Personally I’m a designer. I have made my gigs very simple. In the basic package I have offered two concepts for logos, which means that I am suppose to provide two logos to the buyer so that he can easily pick his choice. If he is not gonna like it and wants a specific design instead. Then do not you think it would be better to discuss with the designer bout his logo and elaborate him what he actually wants rather than placing his order on $5 gig’s package?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like you’re good at writing stories. Basically I do not understand either you’re a buyer or a seller, because I went thru your profile, it seems like you used to be a seller ones not too long ago, but a few months may be. So what I’m suppose to believe that you’re telling the truth or making a lame excuses or writing some fantasy stories or having nothing else to do just trying to do your timepass?

Then the seller should state the quality of the gig on the standard chosen.
$5 - Terrible quality
$20 - Reasonable quality
$50 - Best quality

On all occasions I have given the sellers specific design requirements. On all but one occasion the seller has done nothing but type some words into a logo template with absolutely no skill at all. I am an experienced Photoshop user so understnad what it takes to make a good logo.

If I am paying even $5 for a logo then I would expect some sort of design ethic, some sort of new concept.

@inclineway:

"Then the seller should state the quality of the gig on the standard chosen.

$5 – Terrible quality
$20 – Reasonable quality
$50 – Best quality"

I have no idea if you were trying to be funny with the above statement or not, but oh my gosh, I’ve been laughing for the last 20 minutes. That is by far one of the funniest thing I have read on Fiverr Forum.

~~ Welcome to FIVERR Forum!! It’s good to have you here! ~~

BTW, if a seller actually had that, I would buy it. For one reason only, because he/she had the guts to be innovative.

🙂

Rehmat_Laal: Here’s the thing. Fiverr lets you upload images which are meant to be representative of the gig you’re offering, and lets you choose thew wording of your gig.

Let’s say I’m looking for a logo design. I see a seller who offers an “I will make a MINDBLOWING logo for $5” gig, includes multiple photos of logos that are, in fact, mindblowing, and states in the text of his/her gig, “I will design the most amazing logo you’ve ever seen. Anything you can imagine, I can do! Unlimited revisions, satisfaction guaranteed. Any style! Any design! Tell me what your dream is and I will make it come true!”

The $5 gig promises a “unique” logo, either created to the buyer’s specs or created from the whole cloth of the seller’s imagination, with unlimited revisions and “satisfaction guaranteed” for $5 with a five-day turnaround time. The $20 gig includes the source files, a wider array of fonts, and a three-day TAT. The $50 gig offers custom photography if needed, custom-designed fonts, and a one-day TAT. Each gig shows photos of high-quality, well-designed, attractive book covers.

If I order the $5 gig and give the seller my specs, and he sends back a logo that looks like a five-year-old drew it with crayons, how does that become MY fault for expecting too much for $5 - for expecting the seller to deliver what he promised for his $5 gig? I didn’t ask him for the custom photography or the source files - I just asked for what he promised in the $5 gig.

If the seller includes, in his gig description, a promise that he will create a logo designed to the buyer’s specs, why should the buyer need to contact the seller first to say, “Hey, would you be able to do a design according to my specs?” The seller already SAID that’s exactly what he’s offering - and yes, I HAVE gotten almost exactly that response from more than one person.

I’ve also passed on two sellers whose work looked promising because they used terms like “professional, integrative, and dynamic” to describe their different levels of logo design, instead of words like “simple, mid-level, and complex.” When I inquired as to the distinction between terms, one of them told me “It’s all in the gig, go read it,” and the other said “whatever you want.” By this time I’d been burned enough to know that a seller who says “I’ll do whatever you want for $5” is quite likely to respond to “here’s what I want” with “I’m not doing that much work for $5!” so I just kept looking.

I’m sure there are abusive buyers, who pick a gig saying “I’ll do a simple line drawing for $5” and then demand a complex illustration combining photos with original 3D watercolor artwork for that price. They are crappy people. But if a seller says “I’ll do any design for $5” why should it be on the buyer to nag them with “So do you really MEAN ‘any design’?”

I am primarily a buyer. However Fiverr kept nagging at me to create a gig of my own, so I finally said ‘what the hell,’ and did. I don’t do any promotion or try to attract buyers - I make more than enough on my regular freelancing. I did have one person contact me to buy a gig recently, and was surprised because I had completely forgotten I’d even listed one! My gigs are still up, because why not, but yes, as catwriter said, I am technically both a buyer and a seller. (ETA: Apparently they were not still up; I vaguely recall pausing them after that one sale because I had too much on my plate. Reactivated now, because why not.)

And yes, you ARE supposed to believe I’m telling the truth, because I am. Just because my experiences differ from yours and because I discuss them in more detail than you may like, that doesn’t mean they are invalid.

I found the forums because I was unable to sleep last night with anxiety over the above-mentioned scenario. I browsed the topics for a while to see if I could find any other people with similar complaints, found several topics I thought were interesting (including this one), and was under the impression that posting a topic for discussion meant that people could, well, discuss it and give their own impressions/thoughts on the matter. And yes, I’ve wasted a half-hour or so here this afternoon, and a solid hour last night. However as far as I can see that’s my choice and my business.

I don’t see how anything I’ve commented on here can be construed as a “lame excuse” (excuse for what??), and although one or two examples have been hypotheticals, they’re all based on experiences I’ve had on Fiverr and are certainly not “fantasy stories.”

I responded to your post initially because of the apparent threat involved in your statement “Today, these new sellers gonna bear you, but tomorrow when they become a level 2 or top rated sellers, believe me they will do the same to you buyers.” My intention was to point out that there are skeevy sellers just as there are skeevy buyers, and that the best way to avoid or overcome that is for us each to hold ourselves to a higher standard. However, I see that’s not going to be an option for you - and I’m glad now that I hesitated on last night’s impulse to buy one of your gigs in an attempt to get a better outcome on the above-mentioned logo experience.

I reiterate my previous closing line: “I hope you have better luck in the future and no more shady buyers! Good luck.”

Well, that’s probably difficult to overcome. Naive sellers will come along the way, so do skeevy buyers, but as far I am concerned; if the buyer takes an advantage of my skills, and that’s because I’m a newbie here. Ofcourse I will have to serve him happily and whatever he asks me to do, I’ll, but guess what? I’ll keep this in my mind? And when I get the chance, I won’t give a d**** sh** to buyers except good ones. Because I have devoted my time to fiverr in order to become a successful seller not a puppet.

Many sellers including talented and naive give up. Why? Major reasons; competition is in full swing, manipulation and austintation of buyers, lack of skills of sellers.

I’m strong enough thou that I’m still here and became a level one seller after three months. That’ because I did not give up. I went thru all the hard times I have given by the buyers so far. I have created 6 logos for $5. I have spent 3 days on one logo for $5. Why? Do you think I’m naive? No I’m not. I have over a half decade of experience in designing, but that’s the austination and manipulation of buyers I’m talking bout.

Anyways, it was good talking to you. It takes two to make a quarrel. Talented and skillful sellers get manipulated in the beginning by skeevy buyers, and good buyers experience naive sellers in first. That’s all I can say.

Finally, you seem like a high ups. I shall appreciate your time spending here on my post. It’s good to talk to such people and know bout their experiences on fiverr.

Well, that’s probably your fault. If you choose a newbie with no skills, whom fault it would be? Why do not you choose a person with a couple of reviews, so that you can place your order and get your work done without any hesitation.

Moreover, you will never know what is copied and what is pasted into the logo. If a real designer designs you a logo. And that’s why a designer is a designer and a buyer is a buyer.

You chose the naive seller. That’s your fault may be. You should have chosen the right and talented one.

• 3 months later...

Well, that’s probably your fault. If you choose a newbie with no skills, whom fault it would be? Why do not you choose a person with a couple of reviews, so that you can place your order and get your work done without any hesitation.

Moreover, you will never know what is copied and what is pasted into the logo. If a real designer designs you a logo. And that’s why a designer is a designer and a buyer is a buyer.

You chose the naive seller. That’s your fault may be. You should have chosen the right and talented one.

sir can you tell how to i give order on this fiverr new side because i am new on this side thats why i am asking thanks

Regards:Designeribrahim

Archived