Buyers should give chance to newbies

usmanshinvari

Sure, I do think that buyers should consider going for the newbies. But usually, people buying on Fiverr are here to find some serious work done and sometimes, they don’t want to risk it by buying something completely new versus someone already in the market.

We all started out like this, and I get where you are coming from. Good luck though!

Buyers do give new sellers a chance. Then they get burned to the point where the financial flesh melts off their bones and they loose all faith in Fiverr. This is because the people begging for chances are the least competent, most intellectually vacant creatures to have ever crawled onto the Internet.

Find a bridge, sit under it, scribble “Need Chances, Change & Life Ideas” on a piece of cardboard and try your luck that way if your so passionate about getting something for nothing.

Actually, I’ve put a lot of hard work into Fiverr to get where I am so why shouldn’t I get the same chance as a newbie to get a gig? Give buyers a reason to buy from you, newbie or old hand, and they will. Instead of whinging about not having orders put effort into doing something that will persuade buyers to order from you. Fiverr isn’t about sitting on your butt waiting for the orders to come in.

Newbies should show buyers that they’re a good bet. Saying “GIVE ME A CHANCE I AM REALLY GOOD” is not that show-and-tell. It proves nothing except that obviously nobody else is hiring you, which means you might not be really good…

“hungry hands” is just a begging strategy. Beggars can make £400 a day on London’s streets. Literally beggars have more business nous than some newbies on Fiver–and we all know that beggars can’t be choosers. Only they can, and this thread is testament to pitiful whining instead of showcasing their ability and putting it in front of the client with an irresistible offer.

Not a stolen description and a whine. That’s like anti-selling. To paraphrase my favorite Donald Trump quote this year (and there is a tremendous selection, “grab Fiverr by the p***** (or be a p*****)”–great advice from a lousy businessman born with a silver spoon in his mouth and who may be leader of the free world soon.

See? Even incompetent people are doing better than some Fiverr newbs! The distant scraping sounds you hear is the bottom of the barrel being scraped as all tips, help and guidance are ignored.

First off: your statement “so the newbies should need chances” already disqualifies you for getting picked by buyer. If you don’t understand why, this disqualifies you even more.

Second: in one of my categories I send on a regular basis buyers to newbies. Yes, even though some newbies think I am the rude a$$hole from the forum, I actually send buyers in their direction. The result is, that it often takes an hour for them to return to me even though I am way more expensive.

This doesn’t say that I must do something right. It says that many newbies do something wrong, like whining on the forum and being to lazy to visit the Fiverr Academy and studying the material that is available. They rather whine and ask the same question over and over again.

They’re just focal points at the end of the day. The whole last month looks set to degenerate into some kind of kinky sex abuse olympiad where they toss “no u talk politics” bombs at each other.

The big reveal that won’t be is that whichever toxic, impeachable candy-date will have a visit from the real MIB who set them right.

They all suck in their own special ways, just as you (all of us) do. But do you have almost a hundred dead bodies surrounding your family in just 30 years?

Really? That’s… not of interest? We can argue about Trump’s weird daughter issues, “locker room banter” (vaginas are like pokemon. Gotta catch’em all! Barf.) and everything else we’re being drowned in (NB: it’s called propaganda in history lessons) but c’mon.

I did enjoy Bill’s stone face in the last debate though. he got away with it. All of it. I sometimes think this is what the religious texts mean when they refer to the satanic deals or whatever. This is a real danse macabre and you’re all just nodding along. Bizarre.

And since I know writer loves this kind of chat, Ayn Rand is a fascist ballbag. So there.

I would agree with this this post, but here is the thing, if a newbies really work hard and sent their offers to buyers on a daily basis, I’m pretty sure they will get the chance. All of us use to be new ones, didn’t we? Ofcourse yes! And now here we are, some of us became level 2 and top rated seller, some of us are stucked in level 1, and many of us just wasted their time.

I still remember when I joined fiverr, and read a every possible article I could, then sent my offers to buyers everyday. As a matter of fact, I still do. And here I am to become a level one seller soon hopefully. I have already created 10 orders so far, and been active on site for last couple of months, now just waiting to be promoted.

The bottom line is, don’t waste your time here and there, instead, concentrating on your gigs would probably help.

Interestingly, I’ve never mentioned Chomsky on the forum while you mention Rand a lot.

Don’t believe me? Try out the search function at the top of the page and search Ran(t) and Chomsky…

So, your argument is purely ideological and based on nothing but the iconic “other”. I am being charitable with “argument” 😉

Oooh, crushing, devastating and outstanding are all words I would not use for this knucklefisted bit of typing.

Competent people don’t beg, because they’re competent and do competent things, Moaning about their inability to get a sale–because they have no sellable skills–is just basically a flashing neon sigh that says “don’t hire me, I’m rubbish”.

The internet has just made it really easy for them to upgrade that neon sign into a nuclear-powered display.

I became a TRS in 18 months. Where will you be in 18 months? A lot of newbies when I first joined were complaining and attacking people for being successful and waving their signs about. They’re gone.

Think about it. What have you achieved with this? Knowing Cy, he’s going to ignore this or come up with an elaborate post to pickle your guts further. But ignore Cy–what have YOU achieved with this word burp?

Hm?

Well, quite. Your profile pic is also tapping into a common phobia. I’m not going to tell you what it is but congratulations on the sell-kill.

I see what you’re saying, but here’s the thing…

1. Begging DOES NOT work.
  2. Complaining DOES NOT work.
  3. Expecting to be given a chance as a writer when your writing is full of errors DOES NOT work.

I say give Fiverr Academy a go if you haven’t done so already. Learn everything you need to know to become a successful seller that buyers will flock to. There’s no need to make posts like this on here… Your time will be better spent learning and honing your craft.

I’m sure you mean well, but it’s time to self-reflect. It would also help to improve your writing skills if you want to continue down this path.

Everyone was once a newbie. And as newbie everyone silently wished and looked forward to patronage, BIG patronage. As a TRS or Level 2 Seller today, whatever you did then - tweaking your gigs, re-jigging your profile description, changing your user image . . . , ALL what you did, amounts to BEGGING for attention. BEGGING to be noticed. BEGGING to be tried. And someone noticed and tried YOU. And probably found you “worthy”. For some, it took days and for others it took much longer. Different strokes for different folks perhaps.
But the point is, while you were at it trying to be noticed, is it proper to label you incompetent? “intellectually vacant creatures”? C’mon where is your humanity?

If you can’t give useful tips of how you made it - to those who need the tips, can’t you just walk on by? Must you stereotype a segment of Sellers and call them unprintable names? C’mon

You’re defending people who won’t even do their own research.

BTW, when I was in the process of “making it” I really didn’t do much at all because I had a pretty low opinion of Fiverr as being a cheap place for newbies and it was just going to be pocket money. Not exactly a place where I would be going all out to get attention and $3.95 when I was making good money elsewhere.

Nobody here is obliged to give tips… and getting fussy about the fact that some are poking fun into demanding new sellers (this one steals gig descriptions!) is really just the LOL on the cake.

There’s nothing wrong with being a newbie. Whining and whining about it is boring, and asking for tips when there are quite literally millions, everywhere, 99% of which are regurgitated obvious tips (“deliver on time and do good worK”–you don’t need to study hard to get the general gist) is a different kind of arrogance to, say, mine.

I’m just leveling out the playing field. Whether the person is actually an incompetent, intellectual vacant creature and unprintable name is neither here nor there, but the fact he steals gig descriptions and then moans about not getting work is… not a good sign. He’s probably nicer than Hillary or Donald Trump, for example, but that’s an incredibly low bar to start off with.

Oh, the humanity indeed.Let us wring our hands for this poor little seller and defend him from monstrous people who will not shower him with money and advice as a reward for his theft and your noble defense of his newbie poverty.

I note you still haven’t changed your phobia-inducing profile picture. See? Giving people tips is often worthless as they don’t listen. shrug. Of course, you may not have read wherever else it was that I wrote that.

Hi,
I agree with this however, given the fact that there are so many cases of fraud and deception these days it is completely understandable why people are reluctant to place their trust in new sellers. I joined Fiverr back in June but did not operate my account on a frequent basis because I had orders coming from local sources. However, with a few new writers on board, I am trying to expand my business now. I have been more active on Fiverr lately, trying to refine my gigs. It has been a month, but I have not received any order so far. My gigs get views and clicks but those haven’t translated into any conversions. Now I have learned about the bidding process and looking forward to trying my luck using that.

From a buyers point of view, it makes sense to hire the more reputed service providers. If I were a buyer, I too would choose those with more reviews and better ratings than newbies. But yes as a new seller myself, a chance is what I need. I can write all sorts of fancy stuff on my profile but unless I am given the opportunity I cannot demonstrate my commitment towards providing what I promise.

I will keep trying because you have to make the effort yourself. No one is going to give you orders out of sympathy. I wish you the best and hope you get more orders in the future. Have a great day!

Archived