Mentioning other sellers?

mrspanda

I think there was a debate on the forums a few months ago but I forget the outcome-- so, does it violate ToS if we mention other sellers in our gigs? For example, a certain Featured TRS in my niche and I are really good friends and often refer each other to our clients. Is it okay if I state in my gig description-- “the sister of usernamehere” or something?

I know some of you are probably asking “Why on earth would you want to advertise another seller on your gig?” We like/trust each other enough to want to. Plus, I’m psychic, I know when she’s ripping me off. 😉 (joke.)

I remember there were sellers that were starting like… a ring. Kind of like, someone is a writer, they link up with a eBook cover artist, who links up with a web designer… and they basically all work together to deliver one big package but I don’t know if I’m going insane or if there was a forum thread months ago about how this is not legal… I can’t seem to dig it out…

mrspanda said: Kind of like, someone is a writer, they link up with a eBook cover artist, who links up with a web designer... and they basically all work together to deliver one big package

I was part of that discussion. I specifically asked Customer Service if it was 'legal' to mention working with, or recommending another seller to provide a portion of a gig. The told me it was NOT allowed to mention another seller in the gig description, in any videos/images, or to even recommend them in PMs.

That lead to some folks working out a 'secret way' of passing work to each other - no idea how that panned out.

As always, ask CS and see what they say now. :)

itsyourthing said: The told me it was NOT allowed to mention another seller in the gig description, in any videos/images, or to even recommend them in PMs.

Wow! Really? I don't even understand that... cause sometimes people want a palm reading and I don't do that stuff, so I recommend someone that can. I mean, Fiverr gets paid this way anyway so it's not hurting them.

I'll ask Customer Support.

mrspanda said: I don't even understand that

Exactly! The only thought I have is that they were nervous that if a group of complimentary providers got together they might get big ideas to go out on their own. And I suppose there could be some concern that if a Writer wrote a script and an Actor made a video and a Musician made the soundtrack as a "package", that there are many places that things could go wrong (and many things a buyer might not like) - it could cause potential communication and payment headaches more than just one buyer dealing with one seller, piecework.

Hmmm I recommend other sellers all the time, if I can’t or an order doesn’t fit my ethics guidelines I know a few sellers that are willing to take on work, it would surely be in Fiverr’s interest to keep a sale inside the Fiverr platform. It’s a win win both for the buyer and for Fiverr too.

But let us know what the Customer Support team say on this matter, my own opinion is that it’s ok…

Archived