Thoughts on "NUDGE BUYER" feature on v2 [ARCHIVED]

It’s always been frustrating when a buyer doesn’t respond to the instructions and having to send messages over and over to submit the information required. 🙂

I just noticed that there’s a button on the new version to “nudge” buyers to take action, so I clicked it out of curiosity and found out that it automatically sends a message to the buyer that says:

“NUDGE NUDGE! Any news about the stuff I need for your order? If you have any questions, I’ll be happy to help.”

I think the message itself could be phrased better?
Or can we have our own custom message that we can set for the button? 🙂

I stopped putting stuff in the “instructions” box to avoid that all together. It still useless if the buyer never checks their email and never return. I had 10 orders just like that, but finally cancelled them all. Buyers never responded, and I was tired of them sitting there collecting virtual dust.

makemebark said: I think the message itself could be phrased better?

Yes, you are right. I think it should contain easy instructions to buyer how to add instructions. It happens all the time with my buyes - sometimes they missed instructions field while chatting with me in message sistem. And new buyers just doesn't know it's important, they just pay and leave with a happy smile :) Or they can't find instructions field, so I have to guide them.

And maybe problem can be solved in design way. Like with big message "your order is incomplete" on top of every page and arrow to instructions field :)

• 2 months later...

Yes this is the most important as the order will get started only when buyer will drop a message there.

I have more than 10 orders which are incomplete and buyer just buy the gig and leave it.

I think there should be a message to buyer like this- [ you order will not started until you will not provide work details or send some instructions to seller]

Not only can it be phrased better, but there should be a time limit before it can be applied. I am primarily a seller but I buy as well. I ordered from a seller at 3:06 and while writing the instructions, the seller nudged me. AT 3:07!!! Albeit it was a new seller, they could not wait 1 minute for the order. Needless to say, I was annoyed. Both by their impatience and by the juvenile, “personalized” message.

When I order, the very next page in BRIGHT ORANGE lets me know that I have requirements to fill out. It’s very hard to miss so buyers don’t have to wait on any emails to fill out instructions. I guess you can miss this step if you press “order now” and immediately close your browser, which in itself is odd.

• 1 month later...
Guest marsch001

Being able to write your own message would be great, especially if you could write a different one for different gigs, because not all of them need the same kind of information. There could even be the standard reply as they have now, but with the option of editing it to be clearer if you wanted.

I recently had to just give up and cancel an order that I’d nudged the buyer three times over - plus sent a message - which is pretty bad considering you’re not able to nudge the buyer again until after a certain amount of time. I think in the end, it was over a month since the order was placed and I just didn’t take action to have it cancelled sooner. It was a return buyer, but without any sort of update I couldn’t do anything else.

Reply to @madmoo: I could not agree more. “the stuff”, “yo”, “hey”, “the sheet”. Do they realise we are adults here? Why the pre-teen language? It’s not “cool” to sound immature and unprofessional. Just rude. Not impressive. Rude. Not hip. Rude.

As someone who’s lived in NYC, the trendiest of all cities, for 10 years, I say they really need to cut that out!

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest katelwilliams

Oh wow, that was embarrassing.

I sent a message to the buyer, saying thank you and requesting his information, then pressed ‘nudge’ thinking it would send a generic ‘You’ve received a nudge’ notification.

Nope! It’s a full-on message and now I look rude/pushy. At least now I know what it does!

Reply to @katelwilliams: I totally agree. It would be different if it seemed like something from Fiverr that was like:

"Your seller is still waiting for instructions to begin. Even if you have already provided instructions to the seller please respond with a message here giving the seller the OK to start on your project."

It would make it seem a lot more official and we won’t look as pushy. As it is now, it just looks like we are being impatient. I never use the nudge functionality. (The two time that I have used it in the past, both orders ended up being cancelled anyway.)

Reply to @katelwilliams: Happened to me once, as a buyer.

I accidentally ordered before I asked a question I should be asking first, so I just messaged them and asked it without submit information. The seller answered, and then nudge me, and I was like "WTH? No need to be that rude, if I don’t respond the one who loose money is me."

Of course I just thought and didn’t say it. The order went smoothly after that.

• 2 weeks later...

And for buyers it’s almost the same. They have “check this out” when a photo is attached in the instructions section. I must admit, I misjudged my first two customers exactly because of this 🙂 One buyer even tried to explain that it’s not his fault, he wouldn’t introduce a photo with his wife(vector portrait gig) to me in this manner 🙂

(for “nudge” I created a custom message;it’s really useful to have it at hand)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And if you add up all the Incomplete orders sitting there collecting virtual dust, it is not fair that fiverr is “collecting” all that money thanks to our well-worded gigs that lead to some buyer ordering it. The interest alone on all those funds, is a great income for fiverr actually but it’s certainly not an ethical way to earn money… Please fix this - been like this for years now, so obviously you’re doing it on purpose…

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It would be better to start your own thread than tack on to a very old one. In the meantime, you can either continue to try to contact the buyer or offer to cancel. You could also contact Customer Support for help. If you want to discuss more, feel free to start a thread on this in Fiverr FAQor Conversations.

Archived