I am sick of Providers asking NOT to Give NEGATIVE reviews!

sotos

What about in the case of someone that has messaged multiple people threatening a negative review if he doesn’t get a refund despite delivering efficient and fast… and even doing it multiple times to please him?

I had this happen maybe 2 other times, 1st guy changed his tune after I did a little more and the 2nd one removed the neg review after i did more etc.

It’s awesome to offer something worth way more than a fiverr but the point is to build and for people to order gig extras to get more for their money and pay closer to what it might be worth.

I see I have to create a new customer support account and put in a claim but I’d rather them deal with this guy if he is creating havoc by leaving all his sellers neg reviews.

Should I put his name here?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest matt_garry

Reply to @bachas85: I didn’t do a screen shot just a link to the orderpage and you could clearly see a conversation short and to the point with 3 deliveries. I then explained in about 300 words describing what I did for him and explained he demanded things not previously discussed. demanded I rush the order. agreed that I did exactly what he wanted but wanted money back anyway and lied about me not delivering on feedback.

I guess that was not enough. the funny thing is exact thing happened to me 3 months ago and they cleared that up in 3 days…

My customer support email didn’t help with resolving negative feedback left despite proof of work and going above & beyond by offering more free work and asking for the review to be removed didn’t help. It seems buyers are allowed to threaten sellers with neg reviews to get what they want?!

I am also SICK of those BUYERS who BEG for FREE gigs , FREE reviews, FREE works to just leave positive feedback. YES there are pretty much. This is not about the seller, as we tend to point every bad thing happening to sellers, this is more about those FREE “buyers” that neither they work nor they are paying anything for what they get to make this superb community progress, Their Coins are the feedback!

Because most of feedback are not true ( bad or good), but they have VERY big influence on the seller income, those sellers have no other way just to beg. Think that most seller here are living from their fiverr income.

I got before 2 days negative feedback from buyer because he purchased my gig 5$ and wanted the next day to sell his good that 1 cost 300$. by the way my gig do NOT have ANYthing to do with sells. He said IF I do NOT sell in 1 month I will return and GIVE you NEGATIVE feedback, which he did… Begging?? Me?? NEVER, he is welcome… Everything we do, bad or good, we will find it in front of us … on day. This is internet but it is part of our real life…if we are REAL

It seems Fiverr favors the buyers over the sellers in every case… I could be wrong but my recent issue despite giving extra and free work to not get a negative review, I still got it b/c they wanted a refund on top so it was all FREE. I didn’t refund his money after doing all the work and now I have a bad review… just 1 in a sea of many positive ones. It just doesn’t make sense for it to stay in there when nothing else around it confirms it.

Guest swifteduk

If the order is not to satisfaction or it doesn’t match what the Gig Description / Images or Gig Video you should leave a negative feedback.

But when a buyer doesn’t follow instructions , or like the work. Thats tough and seriously what you expecting for 5$.

And always use a rated seller. 😉 just my opinion.

Guest matt_garry

Reply to @swifteduk:" And always use a rated seller. just my opinion."

lol you joined 2 days ago if a bunch of people didn’t take a chance. You wouldn’t be a rated seller either. Plenty of nice folks join everyday just have to talk to them first make sure they are professional. Ratings are not everything most people on this site don’t even know how to rate so I am sure plenty of people have 0% with great work done

Yeah it takes awhile to get into that groove of making sales…

Weird not liking the work and not to satisfaction are about the same. Some jobs are “I’m going to do x for you but there’s no guarantee that your expectations of what that should do for you will be met” If you buy a business card design and then after a week, it doesn’t land you jobs or interviews… is it fair to leave a negative review about the business card?

Guest swifteduk

Reply to @matt_garry: Most people who visit Fiverr as buyer’s haven’t even signed up yet and most don’t understand the concept of how Fiverr work’s. I’m a long time Gigster , I started in 2010 . And then started again recently 😉 @mattrappaport what are you talking about? Im confused sorry , can’t be bothered to read the 30+ replies 😉

Reply to @peege2012:

Even though I agree with you, I will still say that a seller should be rated on the overall service and not just the product. The product is prime, yes. But if the seller has tried to do his best and redone the job around 2-3 times, you can just ask for a refund and not give him a rating. Remember, Fiverr is more about services than products. And also,

peege2012 said: Where exactly are you. In India?

This is rude to any Indian seller. :/

How do you deal with people that order say an express gig and think your service is different than they think plus there’s a language issue? Force cancel cause I responded but between the clock running & language barrier… I feel like it might be a waste to deliver cause they won’t get what they think they paid for!

Reply to @nancy_chr: Awesome reply! There are so many male sellers who begging for reviews which is for me a big shame! Insteed of focusing on your gigs, people focusing on reviews. Men, try to do your job good and buyers will give you a great reviews everytime they order. I have a client, who bought from me over 10 gigs. He never left even a single review. One day he have send me a message saying that he want to buy 20 gigs a month. He was asking for help to pay all orders at once on fiverr. Now, do you think i am mad or whatever some guys feel about not getting a good review? No! I am totally satisfied with this client. Let the people do what they want to do. Freedom of choice is everything to me.

Guest micmut

I understand what you as a buyer feels when no good services are provided. This not being enough, the seller can talk rude and play hard saying it is only 5$ yet you had agreed to sell the service. The buyer should give what the seller demands. An honest review will help deliver the best services.

(content removed)Sheriff’s note: This is not the section for self promotion. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have long complained to fiverr support about sellers who really should have their gigs paused. They don’t respond, and then as the gig is about to expire they want to “mutually cancel” so they don’t get a “cancelled order, seller failed to deliver.” I have had to fight with support to get them to add that to orders that were just ignored.

As a buyer, when I see that others have had orders ignored with the “cancelled order, seller failed to deliver” post and no positive feedback, I know to not risk that seller. If you have an active gig then you need to have have a foolproof way to know when an order is placed. I went through 3 gigs in a row after sellers just ignored the order…and then tried to “get out of it” without that comment being placed. Took over a week to get someone to do this small task!

I have long complained to fiverr support about sellers who really should have their gigs paused. They don’t respond, and then as the gig is about to expire they want to “mutually cancel” so they don’t get a “cancelled order, seller failed to deliver.” I have had to fight with support to get them to add that to orders that were just ignored.

As a buyer, when I see that others have had orders ignored with the “cancelled order, seller failed to deliver” post and no positive feedback, I know to not risk that seller. If you have an active gig then you need to have have a foolproof way to know when an order is placed. I went through 3 gigs in a row after sellers just ignored the order…and then tried to “get out of it” without that comment being placed. Took over a week to get someone to do this small task!

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad the playing field wasn’t even between buyers and sellers. When I rate a buyer after a gig, it doesn’t mean ■■■■. It doesn’t even show up in their profile. I wish it did. If a buyer’s ability to purchase products was based on ratings, like a seller’s ability to sale is, than you may see it differently. But for now, Fiverr stacks the cards against sellers and gives buyers a pass to manipulate the sellers to their advantage.

I think as we sellers have patience with buyers, they should have with us. If you do not like delivered work, you should say something before you give a bad rating.

I agree with steveeyes, buyers should have a rate that`s shown in theirs profile.

I am a seller and buyer.

As a seller: If a buyer is unhappy with my work, I ask them to let me know before leaving feedback and give me the chance to rectify the issue, but I only had one bad feedback and the buyer just did not respond to my messages to make them happy. I was going to go over and beyond and give that buyer more than he/she bargained for, but the buyer did not respond. Not good. Buyers should work with sellers when they are unhappy and not just become unresponsive after giving bad feedback.

As a BUYER, I sometimes receive mediocre results from a gig and for the most part, still give sellers good positive feedback as long as they communicate with me and treat me professionally, even when I did not like their service. Afterall, since Fiverr is a marketplace, there is an implied economy and when buyers give negative feedback without any way for the seller to reconcile, it ruins the Fiverr economy.

Bruce

Archived