I am sick of Providers asking NOT to Give NEGATIVE reviews!

sotos

My brief experience on Fiverr has lead me to one thing I absolutely hate: providers that beg you not to give them a negative review after work poorly performed.

I am not the kind of person that would allow fellow Buyers to fall into a trap! I am NOT going to support these Providers and I urge you to not only give them NEGATIVE reviews when they deserve it, but also REPORT THEM to FIVERR for this tactic.

It’s about time Fiverr cleans shop… Like if you agree.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the idea, but I always counter their request with an offer to gaive them the review that they honestly deserve. You’d be amased how many artists on fiverr will work with you to achieve just the exact result that you want. Once they do, my reviews as promised are through the roof !:

Ditto. If a provider is rubbish I will say so. In fact, in the past I’ve told I frankly can’t give them a positive review because the service I’ve received so far has been bad.

They quickly fix the problem and I still give honest feedback but I say they have solved the problem.

On the whole my experience has been positive and there are number of people I’ve used a few time.s

I’ve only felt the need to leave negative feedback once, and they deserved it.

Negative feedback is the only way to protect other consumers from Bad Sellers.

No one has ever begged me not to leave negative feed back. I wouldn’t let their pleading dissuade me, if they did.

It would be nice of you to give them chance to revise sub-par work, before leaving feedback, but if things can’t be resolved, you should feel obligated to leave detailed feedback.

You can give a negative review but don’t have to be nasty. Everything here is SUBJECTIVE because it’s and ART. That could be anything from video to hand drawn thing-a-magic 🙂

So, you can give a lower rating and be honest, but consider the seller who is trying to please you but may have not understood what you “see” in your mind and how you explained it.

Buyers should try to be clear as possible what they want and sellers should -understand- what the buyers want before taking a job.

In your feed-back you can say words like; need a bit more experience… or learning fast… ETC.

It is just incredible the level of really GREAT people out there and some really shoddy ones as well. Here is one who threatened to bring down the wrath of God on me because he was making a business card and did not see it appropriate that the back of the card should be included as well. His front side was actually so amateurish that quite honestly a seven years old child with a crayon would give him a run for his money. Now follow the conversation…

Its quite mean and unkind of you to have received a card from us, that too only for $5, and to leave a negative feedback. Its sad to see that there are people in this world you earn thousands of dollars, and spoil the future of some for only a matter of $5. Due to the feedback you left, we have not received any other since then. I only get $4 out of every order, and not more than $100 per month, and now the number of orders have also decreased. You spoilt someones future, god will punish you sometime or the other for what you did.

◀️

Do you really want me to post this reply?. If you want to go into business, take a tip from me, please learn by your mistakes and NEVER blame your customer. If doesn’t matter if you make the card 20 times, if it is amateurish it always will fail in the marketplace. You can’t force people to like you, the same way as you can’t force people to come into your shop. If it’s good people will buy it - of it’s not they won’t. It’s not about the money, it’s about the product (or in your case the lack of it!)

◀️

You being heartless did not even think before asking for a revision of the card for only $5, and failed to realize that there are people who live on this income. You just spoilt my reputation, and there’s no way I can fix it but you. Thanks for everything. God will punish you someday or the other for everything you did, and spoiling a poor man’s business.

◀️

Had you respected the sentiments of poor sellers, you would have changed your feedback and saved my future, since it wont be any harm to you.

◀️

Please dont keep continually quoting God and his wrath to me. In reality, you are the one he would probably wish to punish for wasting your talent, my time and also my money. You are really becoming pathetic now. I would have posted you a favourable comment if deserved. You have to EARN a good reputation not just assume it. If you want me to remove the negative comment I can contact fiverr and request it from them. Where exactly are you. In India?

◀️

You can just navigate to the gig and remove the negative comment, contacting fiverr is not necessary.

◀️

Navigate to your purchases, click on the gig you ordered from me, and you can remove your comment at the bottom. Thanks

◀️

You got to understand this is about quality not just sticking a few address lines on a bit of paper. There are also two side to a card. I just did these myself. You will notice the difference in the level of professionalism

What do you do with somebody like that? However my other experiences have been fine. Unfortunately he was one of my first gigs and I was unsure if I had destroyed the livelihood of a third world family and whether God or Allah was going to send a lightning bolt down to me from the sky

Yes…IF the seller doesn’t provide the quality in work as described in their gigs or title or as they promised then it is fair and the right thing to rate Negatively…

In this case Seller gets to know (should get to know) that he or she is not up to it…or should learn things before putting up something as a gig

and on the other hand as you pointed out other buyers are acknowledged about poor quality services available in Fiverr…

Sellers must know what they can do and how far they can do…If they are not up to the extent then they must know what to do rather than keep doing the same thing in same poor quality…and that is to learn more go through tutorials or whatever and polish their talent or what they are good at…

I NEVER beg for a review. I NEVER mention it to the buyer. I pretend I do not care. I give the buyer the impression that I will provide the best result even if they don’t leave a review. I’m not a beggar. I always do my best, and when I feel that what I delivered was less than I expected, or when -for various reasons- I fail to deliver in time I offer the buyer some extras. This is me.

I think you’re wrong . anyway, i think at least he tried, if he deliver the work late, and you give him a negative feedback i think that’s bad. Anyway, i think buyers need to appreciate the seller’s labor for the work. I don’t know… that’s my thinking, don’t get me wrong.

I agree if a gig is late by 12-24 hours there can be a little bit of flexibility on the buyers part especially if there was good communication to express there will be a delay. If you paid extra for an express gig then no excuses. If people want good reviews do what is asked and buyers should be as clear as possible to eliminate any misunderstandings.

Reply to @nancy_chr:

I’m both a seller and a buyer here on Fiverr. A negative feedback is a nightmare to sellers (thank god I haven’t had any!)

I don’t look at it as begging. I’ve always asked my buyers to leave positive feedback politely when delivering my orders IF they’re satisfied with what they received. I explain how valuable a positive feedback is for us buyers.

On another note, I’ve had a few bad experience buying gigs here on Fiverr. On those occasions buyers simply did not deliver at all even after I’ve sent several messages asking on the status of the orders that I had to cancel the orders. I believe these kinds of these kind of sellers deserve a negative feedback.

Reply to @nancy_chr:

I’m both a seller and a buyer here on Fiverr. A negative feedback is a nightmare to sellers (thank god I haven’t had any!)

I don’t look at it as begging. I’ve always asked my buyers to leave positive feedback politely when delivering my orders IF they’re satisfied with what they received. I explain how valuable a positive feedback is for us buyers.

On another note, I’ve had a few bad experience buying gigs here on Fiverr. On those occasions buyers simply did not deliver at all even after I’ve sent several messages asking on the status of the orders that I had to cancel the orders. I believe these kinds of these kind of sellers deserve a negative feedback.

Reply to @nancy_chr:

Reply to @nancy_chr:

Reply to @nancy_chr:

Dear sotos , if you feel frustrated and you don’t have any communication skills,I guess that you can and you will leave a negative feedback due to your communication issues. If a buyer tries and gives you what he described,you shouldn’t give a negative feedback especially when it comes to art. It’s just a matter of taste . Unjustified frustration should be reported 🙂

Cheers

Archived