I am a new Buyer...are Fiverr Sellers legit?

sssapphire

Guest offlinehelpers

Sorry - if a buyer were to mention giving me a bad review (regardless of how it were phrased) before I even started their gig then I wouldn’t work with them.

If I do a bad job, and they give me a bad review, then I deserve it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostly new seller do these kinda stuffs but I am also new to this portal I only promise what I can do and so far have been successful too. Try to contact as many candidates as possible and then pick the one you think is the best no matter how many or how few rating he has.

You can ask seller to show you their on going work of your job before delivering you! S o you may have more revisions and flexibility and even they may have better idea of your vision!
Although if they keep delivering you before presenting you initial work you can ask for revision before 3 days of delivery! Please also check that how many revision does seller offer you for package you buy!
If you find seller not following your instructions and keep sending you worthless work, you can cancel order and can get back your money!

Uffhhh! despite the grandiose promises online. Well, I am still sure few can deliver at their promises. But there are many rotten eggs who come up with too-real adverts about their expertise. What gives me concern is "how they get people comment positively about their services. Anyway, I have 3 other sites I get my work done cheaper and with a high level of TRUST. Let them desist from such act before they tarnish their reputation. I feel for you ssaphire. Trust, this issue will be trashed to the end by Fiverr.

Best tips/comments 😃 :

“Buyer requests is an absolute joke. I really suggest any buyer looking for quality work stays away from it. Do your own searching for sellers as the majority of sellers who respond to buyer requests are ia simply hopeless.” via@eoinfinnegan

“ONCE AGAIN…DO NOT PROMISE BEYOND YOUR SKILL LEVEL, REGARDLESS OF THE PRICE.” via @sssapphire

“If you want a great job, pay great price ! As far as I am concerned, fiverr protects buyers more than they do sellers.” Via @flomaestro

I wholeheartedly agree with these sentiments, a bit of ‘give and take’, but all in all, Fiverr is great in order to get you started with good designs!

Guest offlinehelpers

Again - please go to customer services - they’re there to help all of us - buyers and sellers - no-one should put up with being threatened.

1. Do some research before placing the order. If you go to seller’s profile, you can find the respond time, buyer comments and also designs completed

2. Message them first and ask whether they can do the design. Home much time they need? What is the cost? How many revisions you get? What are the final formats they deliver? (all these information is there in the package also). Finalize these things and then place the order.

3. After delivering a design you have 3 days to request a modification. After that order will get auto closed. So keep in touch.

4. Always you can contact customer support in case you need help.

Good luck.

Guest germannative

That´s awful, so sorry to hear.
Definitely contact customer services, being new to fiverr, I read through the ‘Academy’ articles just this very morning, and in the one on sellers’ safety best practice it mentions specifically to not put up with threats.
Don´t know if there is a buyers’ safety best practice article, but let´s hope it´s equal rights for all here 😉

There are good and bad sellers. It’s a matter of finding the good which is like a needle in a haystack. Do your due diligence before buying anything. Send a message, ask if they have a history of their work, not just on fiverr. Many people only have experience on fiverr! That could be a red flag.

Many people in all niches use templates to cut corners. So, as a buyer and seller on fiverr for more than 5 years I find that sending a message and asking questions before buying is the best way to go. You’ll find out how quick they respond and if they answer your questions to your satisfaction.

The longest response I had from a seller was 19 days!!

There should be a link to your electronic delivery in the message telling you it was delivered. It’s possible to send the deliverable and the delivery notice separately, but usually they’re together, so there should be a link in the message. The first step is to look again now that you know what you’re looking for.

If there isn’t, it’s okay to write the seller to ask how to retrieve the delivery. It may have been sent in a different message, or perhaps the seller had a careless moment and forgot to attach it (it happens). There’s nothing wrong with asking.

It’s also barely possible that the seller deliberately didn’t attach it. I’ve heard of people deliberately “forgetting” to attach the work in order to stop the timer, when they still need a little more time to complete it. I wouldn’t assume this, though. Legit miscommunication is possible.

Good luck finding your delivery. 🙂

Well this world is full of newbies and experienced people… and it’s wrong if a newbie lies and tell you that they are experienced enough to do your job.
So you just have to wait if you trust this guy 😃
else you can cancel the order and find a new seller…
And Sellers here just lie about their experience to make some money 😃
Nobody will hire a newbie right?

@deepanshujbedi Of course seller will hire you as long as you can prove your ability. Offer them something extra in the beginning to attract sales.

I do agree with you that sellers do lie for a sale. But, as a seller and a buyer it’s difficult to find good people. I don’t lie to anyone at all. I tell it the way it is directly. A lot of people don’t like the truth directly, but that how I am. It’s better to be honest and straight forward. From my own experience, corporations (not on fiverr) respect you when you are straight forward and don’t play games.

A number of buyers have already told me here on fiverr that they were bullied to buy a sellers gig at a hirer price saying that they are top rated and others are no good. But of course, there are top rated sellers that got their experience only on fiverr and don’t have any other history outside fiverr.

It’s better to have some kind of experience outside fiverr because buyers want to know your experience and see what you are capable of. I’ve been in business 28 years, I can prove what I’ve done in my broadcast career. But, of course, there are other buyers who don’t care about experience and just want a cheap product which we don’t do. Quality and good communication are key elements to any successful business. And, there is nothing wrong with charging a little extra for quality.

I was not expecting a long reply to that…
I was not targeting anyone but i know i lied to get my first customer (direct customer).
I started coding at my college and i never took any class about computers before that… Because i wanted to be a doctor 😛 and ended up doing my masters in artificial intelligence…
So one of my friend’s father approached me and asked if i have enough experience to make a website for their insurance company…
I said " Yes sir, i have been coding websites since 2006" and it was 2012 i believe…
I charged $100 for the website. (7page) and that was one of the happiest day in my life as $100 was my 4month pocket money 😛

So i saw almost every video on the internet to make that website… and i prepared frontend content in 20 days… Had no idea about the backend, database so i delivered unknowingly…(rookie mistake).

He later hired someone to fix all that… but over the next 3-4 months i learned a lot about this and started taking real projects…

So lie or whatever but start !! Keep hustling after that 😃

So, which parts of your profile are untrue? As a seller and buyer I find this relevant. Your profile:

Description
I am an expert in professional customized web development and web solutions.I have over 3+ years of experience in Wordpress and bootstrap. I work around-the-clock to to provide an awesome customer care service and ultra fast delivery.

Guest offlinehelpers

Yes - great idea telling everybody to lie, hustle etc. - that’ll do Fiverr’s reputation (and ours as sellers) a world of good! I am being sarcastic BTW.

Archived