Devastated: I lost ALL my levels

thepromogirl

Guest allason

I am so sorry that this happened to you. I really hope that you can get sorted out. If CS won’t help then you know you can build back up, but I hope you don’t have to. Good luck.

I have had to cancel gigs because people ordered the wrong gig, instead of making sure to choose the one they actually want. Thankfully not too many, but it scares me reading your situation.

I was in the same boat as you a few days ago and I understand the filling. I started using fiverr for income when I became ill and unable to keep a normal job. Dont get me wrong it has definitely helped me already withdrawing 4k+ in revenue but it definitely hurts when they grab you by your collar to let you know that they control you. After 5 days and 50+ orders I now have my level 2 badge back with all the perks and I its a struggle to not lose it. I have already received 3 cancels due to buyer error so I fear I may just lose them again.

Good luck in retrieving your badge I know its tough.

Hope fiverr can also help me reinstate my Top Rated Seller. I’m a loyal member since 2010 ( very old fiverr seller here a veteran one). I find no wrong on my part that my level was dropped to level 2. I was really devastated as I do not have some warning on my account. All of my gigs are positive feedback and more repeat buyers, I constantly generate good income and have good customer support. If the reason is for the cancellation ratio. I think almost all the faults are on the buyers side coz they dont read gigs and even a cancelled order they still reorder it. I work harder here and I do not have clear explanation why my level went down.

“Sorry ! i dont remember when i hit order button :o Please cancle this.”: why should this be considered a cancellation?"

I’ve been getting these sparingly and they make my blood boil. These are DEFINITELY scammers (either seller competition or lone wolves) who know that sellers will be penalized for high cancellation rates. In my case, buyers who order gigs with all of the Gig Extra tacked on and then immediately cancelling citing reasons such as “fail” or “my daughter pressed order by mistake”, or “I want to cancel now”… Seriously?

The legitimate hard working and dedicated Fiverr Sellers who play by the rules are the ones who get hurt, and it is very discouraging. These hard workers benefit through income, but are very serious about promoting the Fiverr brand and helping the site remain strong.

I really wish Fiverr could re-evaluate the cancellation system with regards to levels. I get quality control and incentives for working hard, but when gig extras are removed, both the seller AND Fiverr are penalized. Not to mention, the sense of discouragement could make once dedicated sellers walk.

I just hope Fiverr reviews it.

Reply to @givemeapps: I had the same order you got “Sorry ! i dont remember when i hit order button :o Please cancel this.”.

I wrote CS and they cancelled it, but my cancellation percentage raised immediately!!

It’s the most silly thing I can think about, more and more now that this percentage is shown to buyers!!!

I cn’t tell you how many times I wrote this here on forum and don’t mention how many times I suggested Customer Support to change this: answer is that my suggest has been sent to product manager…

That’s pretty sad. You know, I always think of ways to avoid cancellations, that’s why my cancellation rate is down to 3% from around 10%. Every time I had to cancel an order I though how can I avoid this from happening again? Find a solution and implement it.

Reply to @marioland: I had tons of customers that

• ordered by mistake
  • ordered something it’s clearly stated in my description I’m not able to do… but they forgot to read
  • ordered something that violates my country or Fiverr rules

How can avoid those cancellations?

I had to put [contact me before order] in my gig title!!! This lowered cancellations; so I tried to remove it ('cause it’s horrible) and I got three cancellations in 24 hours… and decided to put it back.

Well, I have similar problem, buyer ordered gig 2 times (at the same time), but never provided informations needed for me to start working. After few days (7 I think), one order was automaticaly canceled by fiverr, and it didn’t impact my score. But tommorow I decided to cancel second order manually, and after I done it, my score decreased 😦 I mean, this is not normal behaviour of Fiverr (or I am wrong)? This is dumb situation, I need to get level 1 soon, and this is totally unfair.

Reply to @zerotech: how did you cancel the order? NEVER force a cancellation…

If order id active you should ask for a mutual cancellation; if order is not complete (buyer didn’t provide instructions, so order is marked as INCOMPLETE) you can cancel it without your rating is affected…

Reply to @mark74: You should work out what you cannot do and state it in the gig, or highlight exactly what you can do. My favorite strategy is to try and keep the customers with outstanding service & great communication. This way I don’t have to advertise to get new clients/orders because about 80% of my new orders are returning customers, which obviously will keep my cancellation rate lower.

Reply to @mark74: well, I go to canceled orders, then i clicked on Resoluton Center and that dumb fiverr robot told me “oh, it seems this order can be canceled” or something like that. And he offered me button to cancel order, i clicked it, and that’s it. I didn’t saw notification or warning what could happen. Also, i don’t understand why that order isn’t canceled with the previous one (they were created on the same day).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived