Fiverr V2. Why can't we sort search results by rating? This is affecting my sales so much

Marco_Dee

I’m a buyer,not a seller.

Sellers: mobilize and start making a fuss about V2 because if what I saw today goes live…

I’m gone.

Buyers will leave in droves.

From a buyer’s perspective, it’s awful. Lost LOTS of things.

Yup, it’s “prettier”. From what I read, it offers a lot of new seller tools and background items for you.

But the “prettier” just means a lot more white space, and a lot more scrolling and clicking for me.

Oh, and all the work creating custom collections for my future buys based on my keywords–gone!

1. COLLECTIONS ARE GONE!!

Fiverr used to just let us “save” gigs we like, with no organization. Then they added collections so we can customize what we save according to keywords. That’s gone. Back to “save” under their generic categories. Lost their BEST feature for buyers. We are the ones that are PAYING.

That alone will make me leave. I’ve got 32 collections of specialized keywords for projects. Gone. Sorry if you were in there! I also used other people’s collections a lot to help find you!

2. YOUR OTHER GIGS DON’T SHOW ANYMORE!

OMG–this is unreal! When I search, if I click on your gig I used to be able to see all your other gigs on the bottom of the page. I often found a more descriptive gig there or I could really tell if you were an expert. I often saved these other gigs to other collections of mine. GONE!! No other gigs shown. Now I have to click on your name and see your HUGE profile page (wasted space, huge photos, lots more scrolling too). Sorry, I won’t be doing that.

Also gone from the bottom here are whether your gig had been collected by other buyers. I often followed those links too and used it to validate your gig if others thought it was worth collecting too!

3. WASTED SPACE: almost DOUBLE the amount of scrolling to see a gig!!!

Huge photos and tons of wasted white space.

I compared old versus new for a recently completed gig. On my 17" laptop screen it took me 5 scrolls to click to the bottom of the reviews. On the NEW SITE IT TOOK ME 9 SCROLLS to get to the bottom of the same review!! Almost TWICE as many screens to review each gig. This is a huge move backwards. Moving from single spaced to double spaced basically. I’m gone if this is how it gets launched.

4. SEARCH is completely changed.

Did a search for “Wordpress Genesis” in tech category for old and new. Old site gave me 1178 matches by rating. New site gave me…10…???

If I were a seller I would be screaming. Something is WAY off with this. Gigs aren’t getting shown.

Buyers were really not considered well with this change. Read the page on the new site about the changes “What’s New”…it doesn’t say much at all–

I went right back to V1 and my beloved collections and single-spaced compact size, and your other gigs listed…

Reply to @kiffinyjean: Edit. Been almost three days since I’m using V2 and the same gigs always show up when I search for ‘‘backlinks’’ or any other related term in ‘‘auto’’ mode.

I don’t know in your category but in my category the gigs are not rotating at all. I used to see my gigs when searching for ‘‘backlinks’’ in ‘‘auto’’ mode back in V1. Of course my gigs weren’t always there in ‘‘auto’’ mode, but that’s the point! In V1 the gigs are actually rotating, whereas in V2 I doubt it.

It kills me to see how many buyers and sellers are joining V2 everyday while the biggest bug of all is still there.

By the way, yes I reported all those bugs using the feedback form in V2, but I also want to post them here, so everybody is aware of them.

Come on Fiverr! At least stop giving buyers access to V2 until you fix all these bugs.

It’s worse than not being able to sort, the stars thing really hurts the top sellers. It’s not possible to tell if someone has 99% or 92% rating (which is a huge difference) until you actually enter the gig now. You can’t see it from the main page so it puts a lot less emphasis on the ratings.

Archived