Fiverr V2. Why can't we sort search results by rating? This is affecting my sales so much

Marco_Dee

So, I’ve been translating English to Italian for a long time and I am now (was?) the second top rated translator in my category, the first one being a featured seller, so of course there’s no competition there. I was also the top result for “italian translation” from the home page search box.

The thing is, for the last few weeks, or basically since V2 was launched, my sales have dropped to levels I didn’t experience in months and months. I’ve just now accessed V2 for the first time and found out (or, please, tell me that I’m missing something) that there’s no way to sort search results by rating. So suddenly my gig sank down and it’s practically unreachable.

Any solutions to this? What’s the point if good ratings and professionalism don’t pay off? Getting orders is now more of a lottery than anything else…

Anyone experienced the same problems? Tips? Solutions?

Thank you.

Well, fiverr v2 isn’t even launched yet. It’s just beta for a few users now. How can search results there affect sales on the old fiverr here? Am I missing something?

I think it’s something else. Related to V2, but not in that way. I’ve experienced some trouble with access to site last week, maybe it was causing sales drop. From fiverr twitter: "Network problems are causing service interruption."

But I think they are working really hard now to make search and stuff better 🙂

You make a good point, and I had actually considered it myself. But still, I don’t see what else it could be. And either way, if seller’s ratings aren’t taken into account anymore, I don’t see how that will not affect top rated sellers in the long run… If anything, when V2 is definitively launched, it might get even worse than now.

yes this is strange that i am considering contacting the support and asking for their advise.

strangely enough i have moved to the new v2 and it is still all fine, still receiving messages and orders like normal

i used to be showing on top of everyone in my category, now i am somewhere down the list , but still getting orders thought

not sure hows going to be when we migrate completely to v2 , but the rating sorting was so great to stand out from those newbies 18y olds trying to be professionals with 0 reviews.

I believe in Fiverr and I am sure they have sorted everything!

Reply to @kevinwil:

Thank you Kevin. The difference seems to be when you click on a category. In the old version I was able to click on, say, Writing & Translation > Translation from the front page and immediately sort the results by rating. In V2 you can only sort by rating after a search.

Obviously I can’t be sure this is what’s causing my sudden drop in sales but, since I can’t think of any other ‘proper’ reasons (e.g. an emerging direct competitor) and since this drop has been going on since the launch of V2 beta, I don’t know what else it could be.

My search results are ranked in the top 1 for the keyword “psd to html”, “psd to xhtml”, “psd to hmlt5” with the old version, but I did not even find them in the new version. It happens the same with a few other gig

Reply to @patdev: Many sellers (my self included) are facing this issue in Fiverr V2. That is the biggest bug of all!

Also, the new search system seems not to be rotating the gigs at all when in ‘‘auto’’ mode.

What’s the point of a new V2 if the search engine will still be buggy or even worse than V1? I understand that this is a beta, but almost two weeks have passed and every day more and more buyers and sellers are getting access to V2, while the bug is still there! 😦

Again, my only hope is that they fix this before it’s too late. 🙂

I have got the same big problem. I understand that V2 is still a Beta Version but the Fiverr Team had better reassure us all that they are fully aware of it and that the final version will not have this sort of bug. Anyway, with the occasion, I congratulate with Fiverr for the remarkable many improvements.

Thank You Very Much Indeed !

Reply to @crslaytor: Yes, right now the system is sort of ‘‘fair’’ in V1. However, the new V2 is pretty unfair if you ask me.

I’ve had V2 for over 24 hours now, and I can confirm that when you make a search in ‘‘auto’’ mode, the gigs are always the same. There’s no rotation at all.

I thought this V2 would be ‘‘fair’’ for new and old sellers. How on earth are we supposed to get orders if the gigs never rotate? Only a handful of sellers will get orders. Come on!!

Reply to @crslaytor: Yes, right now the system is sort of ‘‘fair’’ in V1. However, the new V2 is pretty unfair if you ask me.

I’ve had V2 for over 24 hours now, and I can confirm that when you make a search in ‘‘auto’’ mode, the gigs are always the same. There’s no rotation at all.

I thought this V2 would be ‘‘fair’’ for new and old sellers. How on earth are we supposed to get orders if the gigs never rotate? Only a handful of sellers will get orders. Come on!!

I’m a buyer,not a seller.

Sellers: mobilize and start making a fuss about V2 because if what I saw today goes live…

I’m gone.

Buyers will leave in droves.

From a buyer’s perspective, it’s awful. Lost LOTS of things.

Yup, it’s “prettier”. From what I read, it offers a lot of new seller tools and background items for you.

But the “prettier” just means a lot more white space, and a lot more scrolling and clicking for me.

Oh, and all the work creating custom collections for my future buys based on my keywords–gone!

1. COLLECTIONS ARE GONE!!

Fiverr used to just let us “save” gigs we like, with no organization. Then they added collections so we can customize what we save according to keywords. That’s gone. Back to “save” under their generic categories. Lost their BEST feature for buyers. We are the ones that are PAYING.

That alone will make me leave. I’ve got 32 collections of specialized keywords for projects. Gone. Sorry if you were in there! I also used other people’s collections a lot to help find you!

2. YOUR OTHER GIGS DON’T SHOW ANYMORE!

OMG–this is unreal! When I search, if I click on your gig I used to be able to see all your other gigs on the bottom of the page. I often found a more descriptive gig there or I could really tell if you were an expert. I often saved these other gigs to other collections of mine. GONE!! No other gigs shown. Now I have to click on your name and see your HUGE profile page (wasted space, huge photos, lots more scrolling too). Sorry, I won’t be doing that.

Also gone from the bottom here are whether your gig had been collected by other buyers. I often followed those links too and used it to validate your gig if others thought it was worth collecting too!

3. WASTED SPACE: almost DOUBLE the amount of scrolling to see a gig!!!

Huge photos and tons of wasted white space.

I compared old versus new for a recently completed gig. On my 17" laptop screen it took me 5 scrolls to click to the bottom of the reviews. On the NEW SITE IT TOOK ME 9 SCROLLS to get to the bottom of the same review!! Almost TWICE as many screens to review each gig. This is a huge move backwards. Moving from single spaced to double spaced basically. I’m gone if this is how it gets launched.

4. SEARCH is completely changed.

Did a search for “Wordpress Genesis” in tech category for old and new. Old site gave me 1178 matches by rating. New site gave me…10…???

If I were a seller I would be screaming. Something is WAY off with this. Gigs aren’t getting shown.

Buyers were really not considered well with this change. Read the page on the new site about the changes “What’s New”…it doesn’t say much at all–

I went right back to V1 and my beloved collections and single-spaced compact size, and your other gigs listed…

Archived