Refund for horrible work

zoobini

Curious if there’s any recourse on a crap song written/performed for $10. The guy had positive feedback - not sure how this was possible. The song was sung into a mono cellphone with horrible lyrics as he strummed his 3 chords on guitar - all totally unmixed. Do I have any options or is this considered good on fiverr? I’ve yet to leave feedback. Thx

Guest matt_garry

If he did exactly what he said he would and you don’t like the song that does not justify negative feedback because it’s music it is hard to describe and everyone has different taste and standards in music/

However if the sound quality is less than his samples or he did do not do exactly what was asked from the song yes leave negative feedback or better yet ask for refund.

I do music my self and I get people who can not describe what they want in good detail. Some will just say I want a happy song. Well happy can be about 300 shades and a million different instruments so chances are if they are that vague they wont get what they want and that certainly is not my fault

There weren’t any demos. I simply described it as “This should be a happy catchy song.” Unfortunately, what I got was some dreary, depressing song with lyrics that included calling people “leeches”. I’m not making this up. Incredibly, “leeches” was used in the chorus so it’s repeated every verse.

@zoobini.

Music is selective, however the bottom line is if you don’t like the work/song, you don’t like it. Just like in real life, you can opt out.

There’s a reject order button below your order page.

(Directly under you’ll see words that say got problems or something). Hit it and reject the work.

Then, if the buyer/seller can’t work it out, (Maybe he can re-do something) but if not you can simply request a refund, and force a refund if you need to.

Under the terms of use :

Order cancellations (when eligible) can be done by customer support only up to a period of 10 days from order completion date. We will not be able to cancel orders after that time.

However the seller can offer you a refund up to 14 days in the safety period

As the safety period is now over you wouldn’t be eligible for a refund as the order is complete and technically the money is outside of the Fiverr system. You can put this one down to experience and leave your honest feedback. I’d advise against a negative. Place a positive and say something like the seller delivered on time but it wasn’t to my personal taste. Buyers can then make an informed choice

Good idea. I’ll chalk it up to experience but the song wasn’t to anyone’s personal taste - not just mine. Poorly recorded, poorly written, insulting - sounds like someone got a hold of mommy’s paypal account. It was just another kid thinking they were now a songwriter. Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Ah such a diverse world… unfortuantly for $5 you may not always get the best recording.

A lot of us musicians have different ranges of equiptment and some people have none. I am lucky to have a professional voice recorder that I can play my songs over , but then if people want to have it eq’d, cleaned up and ‘boosted’ with a virtual studio I offer them the chance to pay for a gig extra so that I’m getting a fair wage for our time.

Seriously though music is personal taste, just because the music is naff its like going to a justin bieber concert and asking for your money back lol.

In fairness though the seller should have been more proffessional and offered you at least two recordings of it… maybe you should try me next time 🙂 I’v got video demo’s on mine 🙂

I worked in the music business for a number of years and had someone on Fiverr produce a short song using lyrics I supplied. It was okay, not great, however I only spent $15. If I wasn’t 100% happy I would simply not leave feedback.

Recently I had someone write copy for a website landing page and it was just awful. They begged me not to leave negative feedback. They said Fiverr was their own source of income and they had a child to feed. Have they pleaded this way with other buyers and so those buyers have left them positive feedback?

Guest gamersuscentral

sounds like one of those customer that disappear without a trace that we always talk about.

You should not get a refund because you’re unhappy with a product. You can ask for a refund if the provider did not deliver what the gig description said. If he promised HD quality in the gig and gave you poor quality than ask for a refund, if you’re unhappy with the product, it’s a matter of taste, which is not refundable.

Archived