Please suggest the ways to increase focus

shilpityagi_eco

@writer99025 Oh, you are sensitive towards politics. I take Timothy Ferris’s advice very seriously. He recommended that one should not follow news if one needs to focus. It is hard not to follow politics after following it religiously (read making notes and comparing Indian to world politics) for IAS exams in the past.
I do not mean to offend you but I would like to share a story with you. I have an Italian traveller friend who has chosen Canaries islands to live after living in Zanzibar, USA and Dominican Republic for half of his life. He says that he hates Italian politics and he just can not live in Italy. He has left his country when he was 17. So we were trekking in Nepal to Annapurna Base Camp. I noticed that every day he keeps on checking something on his phone and cursing in Italiano over the breakfast. One fine day I asked him what do you check every day. He told me that he follows the news. I wondered which countries’ news he used to follow. I mean after living in five countries it could be any country. He even asked me why would he have followed any other countries’ politics. I was so surprised to find it. I never thought that a person who has left his country 15 years ago, was checking Italian news every day and cursing.
On a side note, I have met so many Spanish and Greek travellers in their mid-30s who can not bear their countries’ politics. I think it is same everywhere. Best is not to follow any news.

Yes, it is beautiful and offers many adventure activities. I used to spend my weekends there doing some hiking, forest camping and rafting. Those weekend activities kept me fit for long but this broken ankle has made my life stagnant. There are more beautiful places but Rishikesh is well connected and near to my place.

Archived