“High prices” kills your selling rate but it increases earning!

ayoub911

i agree with you, my prices reflect the quality of work i do and i found that increasing prices hasn’t affected my selling rates, instead, it has opened the doors for an entirely new set of buyers who are looking for just the quality of work i provide. i have also managed to keep my old buyers coming back by being honest and consistant with quality and delivering what they pay for.

Hi shoaibashraf12,
i guess your statement is just right, some small actions influence the whole market, how i see thing is whether they made it for a purpose or just following their idols they are directing buying decisions to fallacies.
If newbies take such decisions to be Cheapo-Sellers as @mariokluser said then don’t blame them directly, because looking for
shortened to glories blind gladiators also, but it is only a matter of time before they will take a look again to prices.

I like to check gigs which are similar to mine to compare things out, then I thought being a Graphic Designer as a seller here in Fiverr is hard, because not just this field is the simplest way for sellers to cheat and steal ready-made and un-watermarked designs from the web, but also there are so many mediocre to no experience-at-all sellers here that offer cheaper prices for their so called quality design. And, they even have considerable amount of reviews, and some are even Top Rated Sellers.

Some buyers are hard to deal with too, @annieanimation is right, the most demanding buyers are those who don’t want to spend more but expect more than what they paid for, and they’re often confused of what they really want as the final output.

Well, we all get to learn from these experiences anyway. We just have to adjust to what we are capable to offer, be it prices or quality work.

I prefer a fair deal. If a seller expects me to pay for a commercial license, I’ll hire the guy who doesn’t. If $5 only gets me a pdf and $10 gets me actual work, I’ll hire someone else. However, if it’s a level 2 or top rated seller with over 100 positive reviews and a ton of samples from the live portfolio, I might be willing to pay more.

You also have to be credible, here’s a gig I found on the top row: I will be your personal Virtual Assistant for 5 hours for $5

Really? Am I too believe that someone will work for $1 an hour? Does it really take her 5 hours to “RETYPE Scanned/PDF Files 5 pages”? I don’t think so.

Sadly, she is an example of how some sellers hurt themselves. When I hire people, I’m not paying for time, I’m paying for a job. How long that job takes isn’t my concern.

hi fastcopywriter,
Thanks for your contribution,
i agree with you , especially the idea that we need to see things from our costumer side and that will helps a lot; if evry seller put himself on the buyer position and then takes a look to his gig, only then he may notice a lot to change !! but what is credibiliti will make it very difficult for you to sell your gig ? what if showing things as it is will be painful ?

I personally think that you should sell low and get some feedback, since no one will hire a guy with 0 feedback and a gig that costs 10 dollars when someone with 100+ feedback is offering 5 dollars. Get some feedback, although it may mean selling yourself short a bit, make your way to the top and then increase your price.

Archived