Gig Extension Request

inuratus

Okay so you’re always on top of things, getting your orders in on time, customers satisfied, everybody is happy. However, sometimes things happen in real life that may prevent you from getting your piece in on the time that it is scheduled for i.e. power outage, death/grieving, accident, sick etc. I think if there was an option to ask the buyer for a gig extension (insert number of days) would be a blessing. Of course they would have to accept or reject the request that way the extension would be a mutual agreement. I have gig that Ive had to deliver late because of such things but thankfully my clients have been understanding and have never cancelled or threatened to cancel. But that red “LATE” status really is an eye sore.

• 7 months later...

COMMUNICATE with your BUYER, tell him reality why you want extension, if buyer agrees they will not be bothered if you mark the gig as complete. Unless you communicate with them and update them.

I had this situation few times recently. Last week i suffer from a severe back pain, and i ask my 3 buyers to wait longer thend eadline due to my problem. They all accepted the situation. And even one said that to me “your back is way more important then my website, so rest and get well soon”.

So its always about the communication. I do not agree to have such feature to extend time, because i know many sellers will try to use it for no reason and they will become lazy.

When you have a situation, always contact your buyer and communicate properly. Buyers are also Humans, they will understand 🙂

• 2 years later...

But nothing is needed. If you have a life emergency then you simply contact your buyer, explain the situation and ask if they are ok with you taking extra time. Then you simply mark the job complete when the deadline is, and then deliver the job whenever you agreed to get it done.

If Fiverr were to implement a system, way too many sellers would start abusing it, not really using it for real emergencies but as a way of being lazy about getting their work done.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the reason it’s frustrating is that even if you discuss it with your buyer and they agree, there’s still big flashing red LATE LATE LATE everywhere. When in reality, it isn’t anymore.

You should be able to make an offer for $0 and add a day if needed. They can decline. Etc.

If it’s going to be automated, they should work to perfect the automated system.

If the system was abused, then Fiverr would take it up with the sellers. We have a rating system for a reason.

Archived