Today's Special Magic Tips for your Very First Sale [ARCHIVED]

fonthaunt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, folks, just to let you know - several sellers with no sales have posted replies telling me “thanks” or “good tips” but only ONE so far as read well enough to make a guaranteed sale. At this point I can no longer guarantee that I was watch the thread closely, so at the time of this post I will not necessarily act on further replies. Several sellers with some sales or already at level 1 or 2 caught on by reading carefully and I am marking their gigs down. When I have need of their services, I will know they at least helped keep a thread going that was fun and could have been more fun. 🙂

To those of you that did not catch on to the game I played her, I encourage you to still see if you can figure it out. It’s actually not that difficult. If you get it and you can, reply it such a way as to not mess up the game for others. (The people who got it and replied mostly did very well at covering.) If I get a chance to check back, I might still take a look at the gigs of those who catch on. This was just for fun and a chance for some newbies to get a first, but I appreciate all of you who joined in. If you do reply, please do not post links or other spam. Also, ask for tips in Improve my Gigs, not in this thread, because I will not answer them here.

The tips I listed are real but they are not particularly new. The best one (IMO) is the one about become a part of other communities where your audience is. I have used that one myself and it is slow, but it works and it can snowball. Good luck out there!

What came to my mind about the word “turtle” is not being slow and steady. Turtle is a symbol of wisdom in some fiery tales in this part of the world.
Get to know your targeted audience, relate with them where possible before advertising your services. Also remember that when you do not have sales for days or weeks, it’s wise to be calm and use the opportunity to learn and improve your services.
Stay blessed.

Sea, snapping, sideneck, diamond back, box, musk, reeves, red eared, painted and indian tent? Is that close enough? This thread is an extremely interesting social experiment I must say, and I thought I’d throw my name in the pot if you ever need my services.

I think that the amount of people replying with mundane thanks is mainly due to the over-saturation of non-experienced users posting “HERES HOW YOU BREAK FIVERR RECOREDS” posts. Still really inturtletersting.

Guest kaellynn

I’ve been working on my social media presence, but I guess I’ll have to check out the Fiverr Academy too! Thanks for the tip, wise turtle.

Thank you fonthaunt for this thread. I am not here to get my first sale, I am an old turtle who used to think like a rabbit 🙂 I came to read because I like the way you write and it is always interesting to read what you have to say. Compact advice, easy to understand, ready to use.

As people tend to want to only get and not to offer anything to others, your suggestion on [4] is really useful. I always see spam posts on the facebook groups I am suscribed, so many people subscribe just to advertise their ‘thing’. But social media needs to be ‘social’. And that attitude is so ‘anti-social’.

I would add that the social media strategy you suggest doesn’t have to be only on purpose (just to make people buy from us eventually). We can trully enjoy meeting people as well and learn from others in those social media groups.

I have learned a lot in this forum, Fiverr Academy, Fiverr blog and I am thankful to all these users that have spent time to share so many tips. And you are one of them, so thanks again!

Wishing you all
lots of sales with extras and tips 🙂 and
lots of generous repeat customers (which is one of the keys to success)!

Archived