Is there a good time and bad time to launch a new gig?

mrexplainer

So yeah i have new gig i am ready to launch. Is there a good time or bad time to launch a new gig?

For example i have orders in my que on other gigs. Should i wait until i have just delivered some orders?

Your thoughts wisdom much appreciated!

Mr Explainer

I see this pretty much the same as launching any kind of important content (a press release, a blog post, tweets you don’t want your audience to miss etc.). There have been studies done on the best times and days to launch content based on your goals. There are different days and times recommended based on whether the goal is sales, comments, shares & likes etc.

When launching a new product (whether on my own site or via a press release), I generally try to schedule for early Monday morning (between 7am and 8am) on EST in the US. For whatever reason, many companies operate on EST, and so most of the research and studies I came across recommended using EST instead of any of the other time zones in the US.

There is some logic to waiting until people are home from work, but that peak comp usage doesn’t necessarily apply to businesses or entrepreneurs. So it really depends on your industry and your target market. If you’re selling B2C products / services (such as birthday greetings etc.), I’d go with early evening peak comp usage based on EST in the US. If, however, you’re selling B2B products / services (marketing, branding & design etc.), I’d opt for early morning when most professionals are checking out their emails and other items before they dig into work for the day. You’re unlikely to reach as many business users as you’d like for a bigger gig launch if you’re targeting them after they stop work for the day.

Reply to @guruofbacklinks: This is helpful and exactly what i thought.

What i am keen to know is how this applies to fiverr. For example if i post a new gig on fiverr how quickly will it appear in searches or categorie area. And does the activity of my other gigs effect the ranking of my new gig. For example if i have no orders in the que and i launch a new gig. Will this make my new gig rank higher.

mrexplainer said: This is helpful and exactly what i thought.

What i am keen to know is how this applies to fiverr. For example if i post a new gig on fiverr how quickly will it appear in searches or categorie area. And does the activity of mother gigs effect the ranking of my new gig. For example if i have no orders in the que and i launch a new gig. Will this make my new gig rank higher.

Once the GIG is approved (most of the time straight away) then it should be active and appear right away.

And other GIG's that you have will not have any affect on new ones in terms of where they are ranked, nope.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived