Doing SEO for your gig and getting searched 5x more than usual

akshaysihag

And you’re not going to get any sales or personalized help in this thread. Please do not spam other people’s threads asking for help with YOUR success or gigs. That’s inconsiderate. If you want help, you are capable of starting your own topic, rather than hijacking others.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the response. It may not be in direct relation to why they got taken down but it just seemed too much of a coincidence to me. I’ve had more than one bad experience with this. I have had videos and gigs rankings taken from me that literally copied my description and title, + added another keyword in and they ranked above me so it can be quite harmful if people simply try to outright emulate you and stack keywords on top of it.

There is one other way but it’s not quite the same. If your gig is considered out of Fiverr’s editorial focus they might let you keep it for sale, but they take it out of search and you have to promote it yourself.

Most or all of these involve 3rd party gig that have to do with things like Facebook, Twitter, Google Adsense, Amazon, etc. If you suspect this happens to you, you can write to Customer Support and ask if any of your gigs are outside Fiverr’s editorial focus.

@akshaysihag This part “No sir ! If it was the reason, my this post would have been the first thing Fiverr Community would have taken down” is not correct.

Fiverr staff handles what gigs are up and down and which accounts are banned or not. The Fiverr community moderators are entirely different. Posts are not pulled every time they suggest a strategy that may or may not be a good idea. It’s a case-by-case basis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I personally believe that SEO cannot be applied to the Fiverr search engine nor any other search engine in fact. It might work for a few days or weeks but then it will stop. This is because it is not in the company’s best interest that anyone know how the search engine sorts, ie how the algorithm works. If people knew then they would game it and the results would quickly become unrepresentative. Common sense can be used with titles and keywords as these will always be a factor but do not put any weight on this being a cure all and expect any results achieved to change without notice.

• 6 months later...

I personally believe that SEO cannot be applied to the Fiverr search engine nor any other search engine in fact. It might work for a few days or weeks but then it will stop. This is because it is not in the company’s best interest that anyone know how the search engine sorts, ie how the algorithm works. If people knew then they would game it and the results would quickly become unrepresentative. Common sense can be used with titles and keywords as these will always be a factor but do not put any weight on this being a cure all and expect any results achieved to change without notice.

exactly

have a nice time

Archived