Great tIps for being successful on Fiverr

psychicbunny

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, it’s great to hear other not happy with fiverrs lack of real business analytics and tools. I really wish that fiverr would revamp the UI of how we communicate with our buyers. I keep having to explain to people about having the conversation chat line and the order chat line. Plus having files be strewn around everywhere instead of a fixed folder makes it much more difficult to keep track of all assets. I hope the fiverr people treat us serious sellers with real tools to help us grow! 🙂

• 4 months later...

I have been in business for many years and a fiverr seller for a little over a year and have become very successful. Here is what I do:

1. Find something that sells!. I don’t know why I even have to mention this. People come in wanting to sell their yodeling in islanding for barmitzvahs gig and confused as to why they don’t have buying beating down their doors. Find something that people want!
  2. Make yourself unique:. If there are 10 other gigs offering what you sell (which there probably are for almost any field) you have to find out what makes you unique and why people would want to buy from you. Remember this. We are not in the PRODUCT selling business. We are in a RELATIONSHIP business. People buy from people they can relate with and like.
  3. Make yourself look professional: Dont’ just post a picture and copy someone else’s gig text. Create a video so people can see who you are and your PERSONALITY. A video is worth a thousand pictures. If you need some tips on making a good video, let me know. Even if you don’t have gigs, create some examples to show your work that you can add to your portfolio. CRITICAL:. Never steal someone else’s work. You are not fooling anyone and you have just lost all your credibility.
    Also, Make sure you gig text sounds and reads well. A gig full of spelling or grammar mistakes will NOT inspire confidence.
  4. Go out and look for clients: Remember that you can make up to 10 offers a day. Use them. It’s amazing to me how often I see people complaining about not having clients but when I ask how many offers they placed that day, they give me a blank look. This is a business. Once you are established and have built a reputation, you won’t have to look for as much work, until then, use your 10 offers and promote yourself on your social media channels (youtube, facebook, twitter, etc) if you don’t have those, get them!

Hope some of these tips help.

Archived