Mitron...maine tax diya

writer99025

Though it is related to the previous thread but I am really confused now about the taxable income limit for Indian freelancer. Following your suggestions, I had a talk with a CA (who is my cousin and is in practice for a long period of time). He informed that up to 9 lakh income per year is non-taxable for Indian freelancers. I myself read the tax clause and found it to be true but so many clauses there. I, however, filed the tax returns according to his guidance but did not pay any taxes. Now I guess this problem is going to get solved because now I crossed that limit of 9 LPA (presumptive) in July and will surely get an advance audit done in September. I must admit that I am quite ignorant of this topic as I worked as an employee and tax was deducted at the source. After that, I have a golden period of receiving remunerations, not income in the form of fellowship.
Thank you for reminding us to pay the taxes.

This tax limit is with respect to the services’ business. This rule was enforced to increase the contribution of the services sector. The government will take it back one day. One can register oneself as a business entity (solo entrepreneur) and can claim the benefit. My cousin is waving the tax by using the same thing. I trusted him for now but will take care of this tax related stuff in the July-September period.

Archived