Scam Warning - Fiverr Team Impersonation - Gifts/Freebies Fake

fonthaunt

If you get an inbox message from a user regarding FREE GIFT CARDS OR SIMILAR, the account does not appear to be a real staff account and the site is probably phishing. Please click the report button and do not use the link as it could reveal your Fiverr account information to a scammer.

EDIT: Fiverr management is aware of the issue and that multiple scam messages are being sent. They are doing all they can to stop it. Please don’t post about it with the URL as someone might get confused and click your link. Just ignore them and wait it out. I will re-open this thread so that people can reply here if they have questions or comments instead of starting new threads.

In addition, if you are worried about response rate, there is no need to panic. You can reply to the messages with anything (like “scam”) if you wish and then re-report it. You may not be able to catch them all, though, and you don’t really have to do that. If you contact customer support very nicely one time after this is over, ask them if they can reset your response rate due to a recent series of scam emails. Make it simple and nice. They will help.

Hello everyone,
As you all must have noticed, recently a lot of Fiverr sellers are getting a same spam message from different accounts.
First of all do not click the link or enter your E-mail address.
Also report the website to Google, so that Google takes some action against it.
Now if you are worried about the response rate going down due to this spam messages, do not panic.
When you ‘Report’ a message as spam it accounted as an reply to that message and if you see that the user is already reported and that you cannot reply to him/her and that your response rate has gone down, contact Fiverr Customer Support and ask them to recalculate your response rate and they will do it for you.
I hope this helps.
Peace and love to you all.

I hope Fiverr is handling and erasing them. Fiverr must disable and delete these messages. It’s really a shame that people are having to open these repeated messages and type something for response rates. Fiverr team must be more responsive.

Don’t worry, lots of other people have reported the so I have already been informed that there are staff still on and watching for problems. The other reports will work just fine and if you need to adjust your Response Rate, contact CS later with a very polite brief request for them to check into it. If it takes the a few days, don’t send another one, just be patient and it will be fine.

Better yet just do what I did and do a who is lookup search, find the server that hosts the site and send them a privacy abuse email with the URL and the message/s they sent, the server will no doubt remove the site in no time at all if they see more than one person complaining about it! Doesn’t hurt to report it to Google’s Phishing site either or if you really get annoyed you can just DDos the site but I wouldn’t recommend that if you don’t know what you’re doing, LOL. 😛

I received nearly 20 of these messages too and had to click on them individually in order to report them. If only there was a way to check all the spam messages without needing to open them all individually and click report only once to apply to all checked. That would be a great feature. Hope someone from the real fiverr team reads this.

If you didn’t click on the link in the email, the scammer could not have accessed your information and you are fine. The only reason to be worried is if you did click on it and especially if you entered your account information when it asked you to. In that case, if it’s possible you need to at least change your Fiverr password and notify Customer Support of your concerns.

Archived