How to get sales from buyer requests?

Guest dcdither

Guest dcdither

Hello there,
I’ve been really struggling to find buyers from the “buyer request” section even though I always use my 10 offers every single day. I don’t even get response from the people there, and sometimes I’m the first one to post an offer to someone’s request but still they don’t response. What should I do!?

You have to be careful with Buyers Request because there are a lot of sellers advertising their services. Even when you do come across a buyer they won’t respond right away because they want to shop around before settling on a seller to do business with.

Its frustrating to say the least and quite annoying. Some buyers like the bidding war aspect and want to wait till they get lots of submissions and see what each seller is offering and at what price.

Don’t get too stressed out about it because BR has its good and bad days. I think July 3rd and 4th were the best days I had on BR because all I saw was buyers posting services; genuine buyers.

Explore the forums for assistance in getting your gigs noticed. Chances are you’ll find something helpful.

DC,

If you are sending comments to buyers requests, you might want to test variances in how you submit them. Try different wording, perhaps including a dropbox link as a sample, etc. You want to make sure that the buyer has all important information at their fingertips so they don’t have to click out of it, to goto your gig to view your samples. The more detail you provide the better the chance for a response.

Also, consider your pricing. Looking through your gig, you offer commercial use on all your price points, perhaps there’s some confusion when visitors are on your gig as to what they really need. You can also test that a bit as well.

Cheers!
J

Guest dcdither

Thanks, I’ve been around the forums reading tips and tricks but there’s little to no informations that is NEW that will help increase sales. People here are just repeating the basics they are just “click-baiting” us saying they have new ideas on how to get sales but the real thing is it’s just the same old basic “how to increase sales” method. Gets a little bit of annoying really, but credits to the people doing that though they are helping newbies.

Guest dcdither

Thanks for checking out, Yes I give them the commercial use to whatever price point they choose even if it’s just for $5 where is the confusion behind that? please tell me clearly.

When a buyer makes a request in BR they are tagged as pending and requires review before they gets activated. So, it makes a delay and most buyers doesn’t waits in Fiverr until their request gets approved. And thus, when you see a request in BR it might be hours old and the buyer may check back again at their own convince. So, if you see a buyer is not removing the request after getting offers it always doesn’t means they wants a lot of bids to compare form.

I totally agree with “jwaynevo” on the wording and presentation of your job application. Do whatever is necessary for your application to stand out, even it means undercutting your fee (this should be done considerably). I am in the writing category, I have gotten jobs from the BR section because of the way I rephrased the topic posted by the buyer and also provided suggestions. I believe he saw me as professional and went on to place an order and he has been loyal till today. Trying to stand out in the way I present my application is what I think has gotten me jobs from the BR section. I don’t if it’s just me, but there are some applications you make and you feel you’ve gotten the job because you were spot on in your writing and presentation.

I would like to also add that you shouldn’t get frustrated, in time you will make that one or many applications that will convert to sales.

There are no specific ways to write a good “Buyer request”. However, All good “Buyer Request” should have certain characteristics, one is the grammar, it should be good; free of any errors. Try to make suggestions, in a case where the buyer’s request is not well framed - tell the buyer this is you believe what he or she actually wants (I think this best for those in the writing niche. You can try it where you think it will work). Boast with your skill, experience, and positive feedbacks, if you have any. Offer a reasonable discount that you can work with and also help fend off competitors. You can tell the buyer you are always available for consultation or discussion. Close with “thanks” or “regards”.
This is a summary of what I do. I hope it helps.

• 11 months later...

I was also facing the same problem, I was getting very less reply from buyers hardly 1 for many days, then I started doing some changes which helped me a lot such as-

1. first, I try to understand what buyers are seeking. I read the request thoroughly, then only replied.
  2. second, give detail description of what you’ll be offering and what you understood. Don’t just say “I’ll do this and that”, try explaining what you understood from their request and write how you’ll get it done.
  3. Keep you description short and simple for understanding.
  4. )Lastly update your gig and check if there is any changes you should make.
    These things did work for me and hope it does for you too.

Archived