Tip regarding emojis

usahmad

I’ve ever used them so far in responses when clients used emojis before, otherwise I wouldn’t do it either. But I’ve also worked in customer support for a pretty big catalog company here in Germany and I was supposed to use smileys when answering mails.

Well, that’s fine when working for a corporation and you’re following company policies. But freelancing is not working for a corporation. It’s you and the client.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that’s fine when working for a corporation and you’re following company policies. But freelancing is not working for a corporation. It’s you and the client.

Well, I don’t think a huge company (it’s actually a group of huge companies) would use smileys in first place if they figured that the German customers don’t like them. I’ve worked with a lot of German customers here on Fiverr so far and most of them used smileys themselves.

Maybe what we think of emojis is depending on nationalities?

Well, I don’t think a huge company (it’s actually a group of huge companies) would use smileys in first place if they figured that the German customers don’t like them. I’ve worked with a lot of German customers here on Fiverr so far and most of them used smileys themselves.

Maybe what we think of emojis is depending on nationalities?

It depends on how you market yourself, too.

Different companies and different freelancers attempt to portray different images. Rather than follow a rigid rule, it’s best to choose the option that suits one’s marketing strategy.

• 3 years later...

I think it’s juvenile and not appropriate in a business type relationship.

If you are having a friendly chat it’s ok. That’s just my opinion. I would not want to hire a seller who used them as I would feel they are not professional.

I agree, but it depends on what type of work you’re doing, if you’re doing something like illustration and drawing, emojis can express a lot of emotion, which can be a good thing in illustration, because art is “emojitional”. 😉

Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

As all of you knows that Fiverr has now introduced the new feature of using emojis in the conversation in Inbox or on Order page but don’t use these emojis like ( :), :(, :P, 😉 ) because it looks unprofessional by using it in this professional platform.

I didn’t know, Usahmad. Thanks for sharing. I believe Fiverr is getting ready to make some more new changes too. We are going to have to be on the look-out for what Fiverr has to offer. I am really enjoying Fiverr, both as a buyer and seller.

Good Days Are Ahead 😀

I didn’t know, Usahmad. Thanks for sharing. I believe Fiverr is getting ready to make some more new changes too. We are going to have to be on the look-out for what Fiverr has to offer. I am really enjoying Fiverr, both as a buyer and seller.

Good Days Are Ahead 😀

I think emojis are needed to create a comfortable environment. and a comfortable environment is needed to work properly.

Archived