HELP! How Do I Avoid Explaining My Gig So Frequently?

This is a questioned for the more seasoned Fiverr sellers.

Mine are are simple voice over gigs. My most popular one is Movie Trailer Voice. My description, Instructions are very clear on this gig. $5 per 36 words. Yet every other gig is 144 words or more. I then have to politely explain that “this gig is $5 per 36 words” Then give them the options of either editing their copy to 36 words to keep their price at $5 or let them know about my gigs extras.

This is frustrating. How can I avoid having to explain myself each time? I can’t tell if the buyers are trying to get away with adding more words in to see if I catch it or they just don’t understand how Fiverr works.

Any advice you can give would be very much appreciated.

Marconi

http://fiverr.com/marconibologna

Guest matt_garry

you can’t the best way is to create a template so you don’t need to type it 20 times a day.

I’d suggest mentioning it in the gig video twice , gig picture’s twice , sample’s (make an extra for portfolio) with that highlighted as a text overlay use a template saved in a .txt file and refer to it frequently, put it in the gig description , title , tag’s and also the instruction’s 🙂

Well, I have very similar problem.

No matter how clear I explain in my sample image, description. You always get someone ask the question that you already explained in the gig description.

So I saved some most frequently needed answer in one document, keep it open all the time. Easy to use! Ctrl+C Ctrl+V. Done! 😉

Three options:

1)Create a pdf with everything laid out clearly with “36 words for $5” highlighted yellow, and send it to everyone who orders or ask questions.

2) Type up the most frequent answers in a document and copy it and paste it in the messages.

3) Say it in your video and highlight it in your gig description kinda like this…

==> NOTE: 36 words for $5 <==

You can make a picture with nice and big (I mean huge!) fonts saying that 36 words=$5. However, you can’t actually avoid having people ask you questions that are answered in your presentation video or gig description.

Some just read your title, decide they like the idea and order and others just hope to get more out of you, so they order hoping you will do it because of fear of cancellation or bad rating.

I’ve even had people order one testimonial gig and send me 300+ word scripts, telling me that they hope I don’t mind it’s slightly above 60 words. Slightly? :-o

I don’t want to come off sounding rude, so please don’t take it this way… but how difficult is it to create your voiceover? I don’t have experience in your field, so I’m just curious if it’s a lot for you to do in creating a 36 word voiceover video for $5. For me, 36 seems like nothing especially compared to other sellers in your field. Potential buyers can easily skip you, and go to another seller that provide 30 seconds, 1 mins, 70+ words easily for $5. I know you weren’t asking for advice like that, but maybe upping your word count will help eliminate this “wordage” problem. It will defiantly help you compete more with other sellers.

I completely agree with @hironan & @musiclover both of their advice would be ideal to help clear out FAQ! I have some of the same issues, and I thought of writing my own FAQ regarding my gigs. Just be patient! 🙂

The best thing to do, (I have a voice over gig too) is to take your top 3 scenarios that you get into, write it in your description + your instructions (for the most popular questions, you can answer it so when they order they can post correct instruction and will know what to expect) Once you do that, do a notepad or word document and type in your best, professional responses so you’re always prepared. I have mine saved on my desktop.

It is hard though, you want to always please your buyers but don’t ever get taken advantage of. Most buyers are cooperative and they just want to see if you’ll let them slide. Usually if you don’t, they’ll still cooperate and buy that extra gig or two because they need you and they want your voice for their project. Besides, voice actors are pretty expensive now a days we’re the best option for any personal or business project. We’re still professionals but at the same time, we’re offering 30 to 60 seconds of voice for very cheap. 😃

The best thing to do, (I have a voice over gig too) is to take your top 3 scenarios that you get into, write it in your description + your instructions (for the most popular questions, you can answer it so when they order they can post correct instruction and will know what to expect) Once you do that, do a notepad or word document and type in your best, professional responses so you’re always prepared. I have mine saved on my desktop.

It is hard though, you want to always please your buyers but don’t ever get taken advantage of. Most buyers are cooperative and they just want to see if you’ll let them slide. Usually if you don’t, they’ll still cooperate and buy that extra gig or two because they need you and they want your voice for their project. Besides, voice actors are pretty expensive now a days we’re the best option for any personal or business project. We’re still professionals but at the same time, we’re offering 30 to 60 seconds of voice for very cheap. 😃

Archived