Minimum gig picture requirements

bainespal

I recently received an email informing me that the image for a gig I posted needs to be “of a better resolution, graphic or photographic quality.” I absolutely agree that my picture was not very good. It was a writing gig, so I simply took a screenshot of the required pixel dimensions, showing a document open in LibreOffice Writer. Although that picture is pathetic as a sales too, I thought it illustrated writing, and it originated with me, so I can’t imagine how it could be breaking any rules.

So, what are the minimum requirements to get a gig picture accepted? We should not strive for the bare minimum, I know. Maybe it shouldn’t matter. But it still would be good to know. 😉

That picture with the pen and the dictionary is aesthetically pleasing, but it is abstract. I was thinking that the picture for my gig should illustrate my gig specifically. I thought it would be better to have an illustration of something related that I had actually done.

So, should gig pictures be abstract and representational? Or should they be instructional? Not many can be both, I think.

Thank you for the response and for looking at my existing gig’s image. The picture of the page of my handwritten notes evidently passed inspection, since it is still up, and I was not asked to provide a better image.

Archived