Improve My Gig Checklist

blaisefaint

Hi Blaise
i have read your insights and these are pretty amazing and i am very impressed by your knowledge. I am also new on fiverr and follow your instructions after reading this. I have one humble request that is will you be kind enough to look at my gigs and give me your wise advice that which things i can improve?
I am also thinking to add new gigs related to my google ad words work which is completely different niche but i wanna work on that more then these gig. is it will be okay to delete many gigs and add my new niche gig?
I am looking forward for your response.
Thank you in advance.

Hi Blaise

i have read your insights and these are pretty amazing and i am very impressed by your knowledge. I am also new on fiverr and follow your instructions after reading this. I have one humble request that is will you be kind enough to look at my gigs and give me your wise advice that which things i can improve?

I am also thinking to add new gigs related to my google ad words work which is completely different niche but i wanna work on that more then these gig. is it will be okay to delete many gigs and add my new niche gig?

I am looking forward for your response.

Thank you in advance.

Dear Umair:

If you take the time to earn your Autobiographer Badge, particularly adding a link to your Fiverr profile, other forum participants will be able to easily view your information.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

So, which one gig would you prefer that I take a look at?

For example:

Your profile image: I recommend color. The one I saw is kind of off-putting, and it’s looking DOWN on you, which is not a good angle, in my opinion.

Your log line: No suggestions

Your profile text:

The difference between a good business plan and a bad business plan is that one will get you funded and the other will not [or you can use “won’t”]. We are a team of highly professional MBA and Digital Marketers working for you. We will get you funded. Why hire a single person when you can hire a whole team at the same price? Contact us – help is here! -[Name You Want to Be Called]

Your gigs should all have COMPELLING video and 3 images, and so on…

Looking at your profile page, all of your videos appear to be the same video. That, in my opinion, does not help you. Given that you’re about to re-tool, that should resolve itself. Be sure to understand that you’re about to hit Level 1,

https://www.fiverr.com/levels

which means you’ll have more gig slots available soon. You might choose to pause some gigs rather than delete them (the only advantage being you wouldn’t have to start from scratch to renew whatever gig).

I’m an American, so I’m used to seeing “planning” with 2 "n"s, not with 1, as in “planing.” Perhaps this is an international English spelling, but I doubt it. (You have it as “planning” in the gig description.)

On balance, I believe the one video I looked at has tremendous room for improvement. I suggest you hire a copy writer, make sure your English is polished, and make live videos where you are talking to the camera. Watch lots of videos by Top Rated Sellers to get a feel for what I mean. You should come off as relaxed, comfortable, and familiar with your elevator pitch.

As to your question about deleting many gigs and adding a new nice gig, you should be constantly working to improve your offerings in any way you can.

Check out this post by @authoreva :

I may be a Level 2 seller who has been here for about two years now, but there was a lot of trial and error along the way (and I mean A LOT). Despite the fact that I have a 99% overall rating with over 1,000 completed orders, I'm nowhere near "perfect" and I continue to learn new things daily. (I'm really not trying to toot my own horn... I swear!) Below, I have included a list of tried and true do's and don'ts. I learned from my fiverr blunders, so I'd like to share my acquired wisdom. My …

I also suggest you read @twistedweb123 's post:

Hey guys! Let's cut straight to the chase. You're a new seller (or maybe even an older seller experiencing a sales slum). Here are my 3 top tips to generating sales: 1. Interlink your services and create related gigsI've seen many new sellers fall into two traps when first creating their gigs. One of these traps is to create multiple gigs which are essentially the same thing (such as "create modern logo design", "create a unique logo", "design your logo") in the hopes of getting more t…

and listen to every episode of Fiverrcast you can for more on this.

Finally, I suggest you take advantage of the Improve My Gig section of the Fiverr Forum, and start a new thread asking for people to give you feedback on your gigs.

I’m just one person, a Level 1 Seller, and the main thing I have to offer is my experience as a proofreader. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to hear from other people who disagree strongly with me, and who have the proven track records of success to back up their points of view.

For example, where I recommend using a photo, @synexic prefers that you “have a logo designer create you a professional avatar”:

Hi @charles20bc, Here’s a list I’ve put together that helps you stand out, look Professional, and how to setup a proper, well designed gig. Make sure you complete your profile setup 100%. Also, link all of your accounts (Facebook, Stack Overflow, Email, etc) so that potential buyers know you’re not a fly by night seller. Use proper English in your Fiverr profile. Make sure to notate where you’re from, and make sure your sentence structure is proper. Many potential buyers will not want to…

Good luck,

Blaise

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Thank you so much for your instant reply sir. I want you to look at my excellent business plan best seller gig. Whenever you will find time. i am looking forward to hear from you.I have also read and follow your instructions and will follow further in future to update things which are have flaws. there are many flaws which i am able to finally see with the help of yours. thanks again

Thank you so much for your instant reply sir. I want you to look at my excellent business plan best seller gig. Whenever you will find time. i am looking forward to hear from you.I have also read and follow your instructions and will follow further in future to update things which are have flaws. there are many flaws which i am able to finally see with the help of yours. thanks again

Dear Umair:

Live Portfolio:

I’ve already told you my thoughts on your video and that you need 3 images. The one image you have needs to be scrapped. Before you commit any text to any image or video, make sure that it has no spelling or grammatical errors, and that the English is conversational, not awkward. “Entreprenurs” is spelled wrong in this image.

I suggest that you start adding a customized “thank you” image to your deliveries, to see whether your Buyers opt to add this lagniappe to your Live Portfolio. Don’t simply re-use the same image over and over. Each image should be designed to enhance your Live Portfolio and add value to your Buyers.

Gig Title:

I will write your excellent business plan

I suggest deleting “excellent” and finding more relevant key words.

Packages:

I strongly advise you to remove unlimited revisions, if only because you are costing yourself an opportunity to make the standard and premium packages more attractive by adding more revisions as you go up in packages. I suggest A/B testing to find out which number of revisions works best at which Level, perhaps starting with 1 / 3 / 5.

This also gives me an opportunity to point out that even if you have gig packages, you may still add gig extras (I don’t see any gig extras here – sometimes they show up later in the ordering process).

So, if you limit the number of revisions for each gig package, you should be giving yourself an opportunity to make more money by offering additional gig extras for more revisions. This will also help you when dealing with those customers who expect free revisions for life.

Gig description: Please check for edits throughout, and note my editorial comments in brackets [you should not include these in your description]:

“Business without planning is like driving a Ferrari at 120 MPH blindfolded!”

Howdy, [This is too “cutesy” for a business offering.] Entrepreneurs!

Are you looking for qualified experts to create your professional customized business plan? [avoid negativity in your copy – that’s why I cut the bit about templates]

[i suggest you familiarize yourself with **Chris Guillebeau**, so you can tailor offerings to his readers.]

Do you want to wow investors or bank loan officers?

You are at the right place! Carefully read what you will get:

A specially created 100 percent customized business plan, which contains the most important information for your business. Whatever type of business you want to start, you will need a perfect business plan, which includes:

Executive Summary

Introduction

Mission

Objectives

Critical Factors

Keys to Success

Expenses

Market, Industry & Competitive Analysis

Products

Services

Pricing Strategy

Website Strategy

Marketing Strategy

SWOT Analysis

Market Segmentation

Break Even Analysis

Market Analysis

Cash Flow

Personal Charts and graphs and much more…

We provide a customized business plan. We do not sell templates here! [i left the negative comments about templates here, but I advise against it.]

We offer the fastest and most modern way to build your business plan!

Please text us to get our Top Secret file to see the required info.

[i took out the smiley face here, because it seems unprofessional. You should probably avoid exclamation points, as well. I suggest you convert your doc file to a pdf – I believe you’re limited to about 3 pages per pdf – and add it to your Live Portfolio. I hope you have made sure that your doc is compelling and free from errors.]

We don’t just offer a gig, we offer 24/7 customer support!

We Care About You!

Your Success Starts here!

[These last 3 lines seem like hyperbole. My advice is that you hire a copy writer to come up with a more compelling description for you.]

You should consider a popular tool of information marketers, the ebook that tells Buyers how you do what you do. You can do research into information marketing on your end. Don’t ask me to tell you more about it (that’s top secret information!).

Good luck,

Blaise

Its not necessary that you should follow. Use your buyer request section. Try to send ten(10) offers daily in time. Use Fiverr forum on my #Fiverr gigs# section to post your gigs.Make sure that your gigs have good unique videos/photos.Write your gig description clearly and make some section bold and color .Use all of social media to promoting your gigs.Please do not copy others seller's gig(picture,description).Always be honest and tell the truth. Never try to cheat your client anyh…

Very good for us also

Dear Umair:

Live Portfolio:

I’ve already told you my thoughts on your video and that you need 3 images. The one image you have needs to be scrapped. Before you commit any text to any image or video, make sure that it has no spelling or grammatical errors, and that the English is conversational, not awkward. “Entreprenurs” is spelled wrong in this image.

I suggest that you start adding a customized “thank you” image to your deliveries, to see whether your Buyers opt to add this lagniappe to your Live Portfolio. Don’t simply re-use the same image over and over. Each image should be designed to enhance your Live Portfolio and add value to your Buyers.

Gig Title:

I will write your excellent business plan

I suggest deleting “excellent” and finding more relevant key words.

Packages:

I strongly advise you to remove unlimited revisions, if only because you are costing yourself an opportunity to make the standard and premium packages more attractive by adding more revisions as you go up in packages. I suggest A/B testing to find out which number of revisions works best at which Level, perhaps starting with 1 / 3 / 5.

This also gives me an opportunity to point out that even if you have gig packages, you may still add gig extras (I don’t see any gig extras here – sometimes they show up later in the ordering process).

So, if you limit the number of revisions for each gig package, you should be giving yourself an opportunity to make more money by offering additional gig extras for more revisions. This will also help you when dealing with those customers who expect free revisions for life.

Gig description: Please check for edits throughout, and note my editorial comments in brackets [you should not include these in your description]:

“Business without planning is like driving a Ferrari at 120 MPH blindfolded!”

Howdy, [This is too “cutesy” for a business offering.] Entrepreneurs!

Are you looking for qualified experts to create your professional customized business plan? [avoid negativity in your copy – that’s why I cut the bit about templates]

[i suggest you familiarize yourself with **Chris Guillebeau**, so you can tailor offerings to his readers.]

Do you want to wow investors or bank loan officers?

You are at the right place! Carefully read what you will get:

A specially created 100 percent customized business plan, which contains the most important information for your business. Whatever type of business you want to start, you will need a perfect business plan, which includes:

Executive Summary

Introduction

Mission

Objectives

Critical Factors

Keys to Success

Expenses

Market, Industry & Competitive Analysis

Products

Services

Pricing Strategy

Website Strategy

Marketing Strategy

SWOT Analysis

Market Segmentation

Break Even Analysis

Market Analysis

Cash Flow

Personal Charts and graphs and much more…

We provide a customized business plan. We do not sell templates here! [i left the negative comments about templates here, but I advise against it.]

We offer the fastest and most modern way to build your business plan!

Please text us to get our Top Secret file to see the required info.

[i took out the smiley face here, because it seems unprofessional. You should probably avoid exclamation points, as well. I suggest you convert your doc file to a pdf – I believe you’re limited to about 3 pages per pdf – and add it to your Live Portfolio. I hope you have made sure that your doc is compelling and free from errors.]

We don’t just offer a gig, we offer 24/7 customer support!

We Care About You!

Your Success Starts here!

[These last 3 lines seem like hyperbole. My advice is that you hire a copy writer to come up with a more compelling description for you.]

You should consider a popular tool of information marketers, the ebook that tells Buyers how you do what you do. You can do research into information marketing on your end. Don’t ask me to tell you more about it (that’s top secret information!).

Good luck,

Blaise

Thank you Blaise for considering.I will definitely improve my skills and will consider all your points for my gig improvement. Thanks again for your time. I appreciate your effort.

Dear Fiverr Seller:

I didn’t take a look at your gig, but here is a checklist that may help:

• Polish your English: spelling, grammar, punctuation, and so on. Are you trying to reach US English speakers or international English speakers? Make sure your phrasing is consistent with your target audience.

• Remember that buyers are on Fiverr so that you will solve THEIR problems. You are here to provide SOLUTIONS. There is no place for negativity in your copy. Don’t say, I live in a third world country, every day is a struggle, and things are bad. There are people who travel the world to find the things of beauty that make each country special. Find out what these people are saying about your country. Everything is awesome! Refer to “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie. “Never criticize, condemn, or complain,” ESPECIALLY in your SALES COPY!

• Your log line:

Please include one and make it speak about you personally. Avoid cliches and generalities.

*Your profile image:

This should be a real photograph of you. Please use a clear, high-quality headshot showing your smile. Avoid selfies if you can. If you take a shot in a mirror, flip the image horizontally.

Some people prefer to brand themselves as a company, with a logo. I disagree with those people, but agree that this is a matter of personal preference. My point is, if you’ve branded yourself as a company with a logo and you’re not happy with your results, I suggest that you try branding yourself as a person with a photo. See which way gives you the better result.

• Your profile text:

Give the Buyer a name by which they would be comfortable addressing you, either your first name or Dr., Mr., Mrs. Whatever. People feel awkward talking to companies – they want to talk to people.

Again, you should be speaking specifically about yourself, while focusing on how you are here to help the buyer. Try to use YOU more than I. Your goal is to create positive associations in the Buyer’s mind.

• Your gigs: New Sellers can have 7 gigs. You should have 7 gigs! Once you have 7 gigs, once a week you should take a hard look at all your gigs. Revise or replace your weakest gig. Once you are at Level 1, you will have 15 gigs. At Level 2, 20. Be thinking NOW about what those 20 gigs will be. Bear in mind that you can PAUSE gigs at any time. For example, you may have a Valentine’s Day gig that sells great in February, but that you pause for the other months of the year. You might choose to DELETE this gig on Feb 15, and repost the next year.

If having 20 gigs at one time is too much, you can pause any number of them, but it’s good to have them available to run when it’s convenient for you.

If you consistently review and improve your gigs, over time you will have just the right number of top-performing gigs that you need to succeed on Fiverr.

• Gig Title:

Does your gig title stand out? I suggest you look at similar gigs and brainstorm some keywords to make it pop.

• Gig Description:

You have 1200 characters available to you here; I suggest you use them.

A suggested format for your gig descriptions:

Open with 1 or two short sentences that sum up the gig and what it offers.

WHO I AM – Try to complement your profile without overduplication

WHAT YOU GET – focus on Benefits rather than Features

WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM ME

RECOMMENDED GIG EXTRAS

I strongly recommend that you hire a copy writer to write the copy for your first gig. This is an investment that will pay off in more sales more quickly. If you are worried about the expense, remember that your gig description is 1200 characters, or about 240 words. If the copy writer has a gig of 1000 words, you may be able to work out a deal for them to write descriptions for up to 4 gigs.

You can study these gig descriptions and carefully modify them for your other gigs.

Many Sellers recommend that you buy gigs from other Sellers on Fiverr, so that you have a sense of what it is like to be a Buyer. This makes it easier for you to relate to the Buyer’s concerns.

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds. If nothing else, put together a slide show of your portfolio images. If you can provide video of yourself talking directly to the buyer, this may help.

Every gig should have a video! People expect it today, and are more likely to watch a video than read your copy. Learn to make great videos that get your point across in an engaging way. I’ve seen reports that suggest that in 10 years, video will be the dominant form of communication on social media.

Gig Pictures: You can have 3 images, and you should have 3. Please avoid stock images. Your images should be personal to you and to the gig you are providing. If your images or video have text, that text should be consistent with the text in your gig description. For example, if your packages are called Basic, Supreme, and Deluxe in the text, but your images show Standard, Super, and Super Duper, you will confuse the Buyer, who is more likely to move on than to try to figure out what you mean.

• Your packages:

Generally, Sellers offer more as the packages move up in price. I suggest you brainstorm some variety so it seems like the upgrades are more than just numbers. Think very carefully about the packages from the Buyer’s point of view.

For example, if you offer revisions for the base package, but not for the upgrades. the buyer probably will wonder why they’re losing a benefit with the upgrade.

A good way to get initial sales is to ask friends and family, classmates, people who know you and like you, to buy gigs from you.

Make use of social media: I suggest you post images to Twitter on a daily basis, with links to your Fiverr profile. The more people who see what you can do, the more clicks and views you will get on Fiverr. For example, Twitter has #MondayMotivation to #SundayFunday. If your work becomes known in those categories, people will begin to seek you out on Fiverr. Fiverr has been moving toward allowing you to link to more of these social media sites in your profile page.

You can post videos to YouTube, with links to your Fiverr profile.

You can talk about your gigs on your blog, with pointers to your Fiverr profile.

You could post a YouTube video, Tweet about it, post it on your blog embedded in a blog post, and have pointers in all these places pointing to your Fiverr profile.

In my humble opinion (IMHO), it makes more sense to point to your Fiverr profile rather than to your individual gigs, because you may delete individual gigs and pause individual gigs. Rather than constantly updating links to individual gigs, let your Fiverr profile do the heavy lifting for you.

Good luck,

Blaise

SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT REQUIREMENTS: If you don’t know already, it is considered a gig best practice to include Requirements with every gig description. This forces the Buyer to provide the information you need before you receive their order.

When you enter your Requirements, you need to press the “ADD” button, and then the “SAVE” button. Please, be sure that your Requirements are properly included with your gig descriptions!

Only Buyers who purchase your gigs SEE your Requirements, so if I look at your gigs, I will not give you any feedback about YOUR REQUIREMENTS. Just know that you should have some, and that they should be clear to the Buyer.

DISCLAIMER for any Sellers who might read this post. Please read before contacting me on Fiverr!:

As a matter of common courtesy, please do not contact me on Fiverr with questions or comments that belong on the Fiverr Forum. If I see your question or comment in the Forum, if I have time, and if I think it is appropriate, I will respond in the Forum.

Sincerely,

Blaise

This should be a real photograph of you.

Has there been a known bump in sales for those who have switched from a brand name to a personal name on Fiverr?

Thinking from the point of view of a buyer, if you were a buyer, who saw 2 profiles one with a photo another with a logo, would you go “let’s go with the one with a photo?”

This should be a real photograph of you.

Has there been a known bump in sales for those who have switched from a brand name to a personal name on Fiverr?

Thinking from the point of view of a buyer, if you were a buyer, who saw 2 profiles one with a photo another with a logo, would you go “let’s go with the one with a photo?”

Dear Silk Route:

I don’t have data.

The THEORY is that Buyers prefer doing business with people.

I’m comfortable with suggesting that people A/B test both ways, to see which way works best for them.

Here’s a link from the Forum from 2012 (info may be out of date):

http://forum.fiverr.com/t/a-good-profile-picture-is-important/?source_topic_id=84987

Here’s a link to Fiverr Academy:

https://www.fiverr.com/academy/hacks/how-to-make-your-fiverr-profile-stand-out

Good luck,

Blaise

Dear Silk Route:

I don’t have data.

The THEORY is that Buyers prefer doing business with people.

I’m comfortable with suggesting that people A/B test both ways, to see which way works best for them.

Here’s a link from the Forum from 2012 (info may be out of date):

http://forum.fiverr.com/t/a-good-profile-picture-is-important/?source_topic_id=84987

Here’s a link to Fiverr Academy:

https://www.fiverr.com/academy/hacks/how-to-make-your-fiverr-profile-stand-out

Good luck,

Blaise

Thank you for the insight (I wasn’t looking for data. Anecdotes are fine by me). I will find an opportune moment and test it out one day by putting my profile picture.

Dear Fiverr Seller:

I didn’t take a look at your gig, but here is a checklist that may help:

• Polish your English: spelling, grammar, punctuation, and so on. Are you trying to reach US English speakers or international English speakers? Make sure your phrasing is consistent with your target audience.

• Remember that buyers are on Fiverr so that you will solve THEIR problems. You are here to provide SOLUTIONS. There is no place for negativity in your copy. Don’t say, I live in a third world country, every day is a struggle, and things are bad. There are people who travel the world to find the things of beauty that make each country special. Find out what these people are saying about your country. Everything is awesome! Refer to “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie. “Never criticize, condemn, or complain,” ESPECIALLY in your SALES COPY!

• Your log line:

Please include one and make it speak about you personally. Avoid cliches and generalities.

*Your profile image:

This should be a real photograph of you. Please use a clear, high-quality headshot showing your smile. Avoid selfies if you can. If you take a shot in a mirror, flip the image horizontally.

Some people prefer to brand themselves as a company, with a logo. I disagree with those people, but agree that this is a matter of personal preference. My point is, if you’ve branded yourself as a company with a logo and you’re not happy with your results, I suggest that you try branding yourself as a person with a photo. See which way gives you the better result.

• Your profile text:

Give the Buyer a name by which they would be comfortable addressing you, either your first name or Dr., Mr., Mrs. Whatever. People feel awkward talking to companies – they want to talk to people.

Again, you should be speaking specifically about yourself, while focusing on how you are here to help the buyer. Try to use YOU more than I. Your goal is to create positive associations in the Buyer’s mind.

• Your gigs: New Sellers can have 7 gigs. You should have 7 gigs! Once you have 7 gigs, once a week you should take a hard look at all your gigs. Revise or replace your weakest gig. Once you are at Level 1, you will have 15 gigs. At Level 2, 20. Be thinking NOW about what those 20 gigs will be. Bear in mind that you can PAUSE gigs at any time. For example, you may have a Valentine’s Day gig that sells great in February, but that you pause for the other months of the year. You might choose to DELETE this gig on Feb 15, and repost the next year.

If having 20 gigs at one time is too much, you can pause any number of them, but it’s good to have them available to run when it’s convenient for you.

If you consistently review and improve your gigs, over time you will have just the right number of top-performing gigs that you need to succeed on Fiverr.

• Gig Title:

Does your gig title stand out? I suggest you look at similar gigs and brainstorm some keywords to make it pop.

• Gig Description:

You have 1200 characters available to you here; I suggest you use them.

A suggested format for your gig descriptions:

Open with 1 or two short sentences that sum up the gig and what it offers.

WHO I AM – Try to complement your profile without overduplication

WHAT YOU GET – focus on Benefits rather than Features

WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM ME

RECOMMENDED GIG EXTRAS

I strongly recommend that you hire a copy writer to write the copy for your first gig. This is an investment that will pay off in more sales more quickly. If you are worried about the expense, remember that your gig description is 1200 characters, or about 240 words. If the copy writer has a gig of 1000 words, you may be able to work out a deal for them to write descriptions for up to 4 gigs.

You can study these gig descriptions and carefully modify them for your other gigs.

Many Sellers recommend that you buy gigs from other Sellers on Fiverr, so that you have a sense of what it is like to be a Buyer. This makes it easier for you to relate to the Buyer’s concerns.

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds. If nothing else, put together a slide show of your portfolio images. If you can provide video of yourself talking directly to the buyer, this may help.

Every gig should have a video! People expect it today, and are more likely to watch a video than read your copy. Learn to make great videos that get your point across in an engaging way. I’ve seen reports that suggest that in 10 years, video will be the dominant form of communication on social media.

Gig Pictures: You can have 3 images, and you should have 3. Please avoid stock images. Your images should be personal to you and to the gig you are providing. If your images or video have text, that text should be consistent with the text in your gig description. For example, if your packages are called Basic, Supreme, and Deluxe in the text, but your images show Standard, Super, and Super Duper, you will confuse the Buyer, who is more likely to move on than to try to figure out what you mean.

• Your packages:

Generally, Sellers offer more as the packages move up in price. I suggest you brainstorm some variety so it seems like the upgrades are more than just numbers. Think very carefully about the packages from the Buyer’s point of view.

For example, if you offer revisions for the base package, but not for the upgrades. the buyer probably will wonder why they’re losing a benefit with the upgrade.

A good way to get initial sales is to ask friends and family, classmates, people who know you and like you, to buy gigs from you.

Make use of social media: I suggest you post images to Twitter on a daily basis, with links to your Fiverr profile. The more people who see what you can do, the more clicks and views you will get on Fiverr. For example, Twitter has #MondayMotivation to #SundayFunday. If your work becomes known in those categories, people will begin to seek you out on Fiverr. Fiverr has been moving toward allowing you to link to more of these social media sites in your profile page.

You can post videos to YouTube, with links to your Fiverr profile.

You can talk about your gigs on your blog, with pointers to your Fiverr profile.

You could post a YouTube video, Tweet about it, post it on your blog embedded in a blog post, and have pointers in all these places pointing to your Fiverr profile.

In my humble opinion (IMHO), it makes more sense to point to your Fiverr profile rather than to your individual gigs, because you may delete individual gigs and pause individual gigs. Rather than constantly updating links to individual gigs, let your Fiverr profile do the heavy lifting for you.

Good luck,

Blaise

SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT REQUIREMENTS: If you don’t know already, it is considered a gig best practice to include Requirements with every gig description. This forces the Buyer to provide the information you need before you receive their order.

When you enter your Requirements, you need to press the “ADD” button, and then the “SAVE” button. Please, be sure that your Requirements are properly included with your gig descriptions!

Only Buyers who purchase your gigs SEE your Requirements, so if I look at your gigs, I will not give you any feedback about YOUR REQUIREMENTS. Just know that you should have some, and that they should be clear to the Buyer.

DISCLAIMER for any Sellers who might read this post. Please read before contacting me on Fiverr!:

As a matter of common courtesy, please do not contact me on Fiverr with questions or comments that belong on the Fiverr Forum. If I see your question or comment in the Forum, if I have time, and if I think it is appropriate, I will respond in the Forum.

Sincerely,

Blaise

Your profile text:

That is something I have been wanting to do. How do I change the “PrinceOfThrift” to something more professional? Say like my name?

Your profile text:

That is something I have been wanting to do. How do I change the “PrinceOfThrift” to something more professional? Say like my name?

Dear Kevin:

You don’t. Unless you know The Doctor, Marty McFly, or invent your own time machine. Fiverr does not allow you to change your user name.

What you can do is ADD your name to the text of your profile description and to the text of your individual gigs if you have space, bearing in mind that the profile text should appear when Buyers view your gigs.

Sample profile text.

Some people call me Prince. Some people call me Thrifty. Some people call me the Prince of Thrift. Some people call me Maurice. -[Name Buyers Should Call You]

Good luck,

Blaise

Here’s a tip for your videos:

Learn how to set the video cover so Buyers see just the image you want them to see:
Step 1: Hover over the video and click on the edit icon (pen to the right of the Trash can):

752980626_Setaspreviewstep01.PNG.de9bb153535f6531ee174cd2b95e5b99.PNG

Step 2: Pause the video at the preferred moment and click on the Set as preview icon.
922172598_Setaspreviewstep02.PNG.3aa9dde99a7537dddc5975fbe3508074.PNG

Good luck,
Blaise

Archived