Why you should NEVER quit your job for FIVERR

aggelosmariospa

"What’s the point of making money if you never get a chance to enjoy it?"
A week ago i would have said your supposed to enjoy your work and enjoy your money once you made enough to retire.
But my dad did as i do all his life, worked 16 hour days 7 days a week for peanuts, now when the time to enjoy life began he was diagnosed with Alzheimer that progressed so rapidly that yesterday he had to be hospitalized.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m sorry to hear that. Sometimes I enjoy the work, sometimes I don’t. I know Donald Trump and Warren Buffett enjoy their work, otherwise they would have retired long ago. Some people don’t enjoy retirement, some don’t know what to do with their extra time. Others get hobbies, go on vacations, and maybe do something they always wanted to do but never had the time- learning to sing professionally, for example.

What did your father do for a living? Those hours are insane.

Best post I’ve ever read on Fiverr forum. Thank you for that Sir! Completely agree with this: “The unfortunate part is that society wants you to believe negative rather than positive. Why? Because if everyone was positive, the world would be completely different. Those in control don’t want that to happen.”

You are a business owner Sir Walker Texas, it is much more yours accountability for being successful or not, as you said, you put all eggs into one basket because it is just yours effort behind success or fail. But Fiverr is a point of sale provided by 3rd party you can not influent as much as your own point of sale - and thus, why to put all eggs into one basket which is not yours basket after all?

Why not to sit back and wait for business when Fiverr enables people to do it? 😉
Maybe not everybody is like you and wants to go 100% and is just happy to pay some extra grocery with Fiverr income. Of course, then they can not expect to gain living money and there is no reason to complain because of low sales when they do not care enough.

Go to some freelancing portals and try to win a job here, just to find out why so many people go to Fiverr. With a fresh account, you will be hungry for a long time, spending hours to bid on projects. Instead of it, here on Fiverr you can invest these hours on deliverables and improvements.

Stay assured there is an immense amount of business owners who use Fiverr as just another channel to get more sales for their services. Just opening the little store called Fiverr profile enables young and even those “lazy” people to become small entrepreneurs and learn what you already know. And this is it - if you complain, you will find out early that you have to improve your own business to not complain once again later because it is probably yours fault - just having a look on these wonderful stories of Top Rated Sellers is motivation to go ahead. I really love Fiverr because of this - a lot of people complain, yes…but actually Fiverr helps people to learn not to complain and provide better service, make more money and become more responsible for own future. The fact there is a forum where people share their feelings and sometimes frustrations does not automatically mean we are all lazy adults, Fiverr is awesome community with all bits and bobs.

I do not say it is bad way to put all eggs into one basket, I do the same in a certain way when I go for a new project I am sure about and can give it 100%, but especially on Fiverr, even a highly rated seller can experience dropped sales sometimes not because (s)he is lazy, unskilled and unmotivated - and then, where you will get your money for bills if you do not have any other source of income?

If somebody complains about low sales,
there is nothing better to solve it and work smarter, get another source of income to prevent the negative stress from being without revenues from one income channel.

Earlier, Fiverr was rather about revs and even a $20 job was offered for $5 because of potential volume of sales. Nowadays, stay assured Fiverr is no longer $5 marketplace and yes, we still give better and get paid less sometimes, because the real value is not in your buck but in connection with people like you - business owners who come to get a value they expect for their money.

There are tons of buyers who automatically assume Fiverr sellers are cheap source of work. Maybe I am too lucky to meet rather fair buyers who do not hesitate to leave a tip when they find the deliverable as worth of more than order value.

Even if Fiverr gives me a nice amount of income, I would never focus only on Fiverr - it is not mine and anything could happen. There are top rated sellers who do it (or at least they say it, who knows :)) and put all eggs into Fiverr basket - respect for your courage!

I am using Fiverr for the first time…I am a buyer. I think one thing that might be limiting sales for Photoshop creators is that people like me have no real idea what Photoshop is capable of. We can’t request something we don’t know is possible. Show us what kinds of things we might want to buy for our Web sites and stores…or perhaps special effects that make our grandchildren look even more adorable. A friend of mine took one of my wedding photos, made it black & white, except for the bouquet I was holding…it was in color. The effect looked amazing but I would never have even thought about something like that. Give us ideas…we might see something new to us and decide we want something like it.

Hi all! New to Fiverr. I’ve heard this advice (not to quit your day job for freelancing) for a while now. Thankfully, I’m in a position where I only supplement the family’s income, so Fiverr and other freelancing sites have surfaced as intriguing opportunities for me to pursue.

I can attest to the truth of this, though. I just joined Fiverr today, mostly because I am at my wit’s end with my other freelance work. I had worked there steadily for a year doing freelance transcription. It was a great job (and still is in many ways). I get to pick my projects and because I am a fast typist, I can set my own earnings per hour, and in most cases make upwards of $10 an hour.

Then prices started falling. The forums filled to the brim with my fellow freelancer’s complaints about a company going south fast. The audio quality of each job decreased, and many of us were left wondering, “Are we just supposed to stand by and be exploited while this company squeezes every last drop of work out of us for less and less?”

I like transcription, and I’m darn good at it. However, when it started becoming more difficult to keep up with my daily earnings quota, simply because of the urge to throw my keyboard out the window for the lack of good quality audios, I knew it was time to expand the “basket” of work.

That’s why I’m here now. I’m trying to start off on the right foot and get as much information and advice as I can. And I think this is one of the most important. This is a volatile marketplace we work in, and while freelancing has so many awesome benefits, one of the worst of its cons is the ever-changing surface we walk on as our own bosses. I’m going to keep that in mind as I work to make my gig a successful one. Thanks for the post!

Archived