I'm not leveling up

imal365

Hi all,

i’m a developer from sri lanka, and its just 1month i joined fiverr and my sales are going great but i’m not increasing my level so i contacted fiver support and they say i have violated lot of TOS in fiverr to be honest when i’m very much new to fiverr and after i deliver some work (a project) buyers have asked my s***e to discuss about the things i code for them (this happened only 3 times ) i was never intended to share my contact and start business out side of fiverr i just wanted to make sure buyer understand what i have done for him (i hope you all understand me) let me list things i do when person contact me and please be kind enough to tell me what are the things that i do wrong

(currently almost all the buyers of who have took service from me are happy about what i do)

ok here is the list

when I get a discussion form a buyer

1. if the task only worth 5 dollars then i’ll ask him to buy a gig and i then i deliver the code
  2. if the task impossible to do for 5 dollars and even the sellers understand that i ask him to place separate orders until the amount and i deliver the work (as you all understand that i can’t build a website for 5$ most jobs are like that )
  3. when after the buyer posted an order what i do is (most of the times i get web related projects) i code it according to his requirements and then i’ll host that in my own hosting site and i post the link in the discussion asking buyer to check that site, then after if the seller is satisfied with my work i’ll create a zip of the project and deliver it but if he is not satisfied then i’ll edit the website and host again and give him the link to check, i do this till he says ok thats great

can you please be kind enough to explain me things i done wrong ??? and when what are the things that i should do to increase my level in fiverr ??

Thank you very much for your time

Imal hasaranga

Guest matt_garry

dude fiverr is like n**i strick, limit you’re links to other sites as much as possible and ya s***e info is a killer you need permision from CS for that ohnesly you’re acount probably has so many strikes against it you probably should start over. sorry to say

for us it’s not simply press deliver button and your are done your order 😦 almost all the time when we deliver a work we have to teach them or make them understand what we have done, from basic fiverr discussion is not enough for that…

if i reduce posting links to show the progress of the buyers project what will eventually happen is i might be able to get a level but in the other hand buyers will not be happy about my supportiveness towred them 😦

Guest matt_garry

fiverr has so many grey areas it is best to show zero links and zero contact info if thats not possible let CS know and limit them as much as phisicaly possible even if it hurts orders

Guest matt_garry

I have lost a lot of business and a lot of coin because I refuse to contact or view a file that could not be uploaded on fiverr. But hey I got level 2… and I lost a whole lot more business trying to explain to a buyer he has to order 20 times in a row thats is a big turn off to most people…

I’m very happy for Imal365 in getting promoted. I also think matt_garry has a lot to offer. I am blissfully ignorant with all this promotion stuff. I am appreciative that I was promoted last week, but was unaware of what it actually meant. I am getting the hang of things now and will admit, since joining I am paying a lot more attention to TOS, and glad of it.

The day after reaching level one, or around there, I had at least 2 people contact me with very sketchy gigs, one so blatant as to ask how she could call me. I’m from Boston and figure I’m either being set up or some of these buyers are just ignorant of the rules.

Bottom line is, it doesn’t matter. We as sellers are responsible. We have the most to lose and therefore owe it to ourselves and to new or newer sellers to steer clear of these shadowy forces. Paranoia in this case is good. Keep your eyes on the prize and just follow the rules. matt_garry has actually lost business for the short term, but for the long term has kept a money making proposition viable here. That’s what counts.

Archived