Could I get some opinions from other sellers on wether to suspend gigs when I'm away

Howdy folks,

My last few days have been hectic and it’s not going to get serene again for a while here. First I hit level 2 which is awesome! I’m totally psyched for that, It just happens that I hit lvl2 when I have to move in a week. I have to be out of this house by June 9th. Fun fun. Then I’m on a sales trip from the 12th to the 23rd and wont be able to complete any gigs while I’m away.

So here’s the question… Do I suspend all my gigs for 3 weeks? Do I change the delivery times on all my gigs to say 30 days with an explanation that I’m away? Do I leave the gigs up and write something in the beginning of the description saying I’m unable to complete gigs til after the 23rd?

As I’m writing it out now it seems changing my delivery times makes most sense but I’d still like any opinions on how to handle this.

Thanks,

Brian

Guest mrspanda

I thought about suspending when I went into labor and asked Customer Support if I could keep my featured status, to which they said they couldn’t guarantee it so I went ahead and extended to 29 days…

But, if you’re stressed out and you need the break, then just suspend it. Honestly, it’s whatever you feel more comfortable with.

I would update the GIG description to state the reason for the extension and the date of your return. That way, anyone willing to wait for the service can still place the order and you won’t miss out on it (be sure to let them know that should still buy now and not wait until you return!).

Anyone not willing to wait simply won’t purchase, which would be their only option if you were to suspend the gig.

Good luck with the move and trip!

m/

jive-a-five

Thanks for the feedback!

I will take the combo plate please.

I’ve changed my delivery to 29 days. If it looks like I’m going to get swamped then I’ll suspend my gigs. I’m also going to reduce delivery time by 7 days once a week until I’m back on the clock. (provided I haven’t suspended my gigs)

Thanks again!

Brian

Archived