How can I accept a request?

bainespal

I’m new to Fiverr. I made one gig. I received a message from a buyer asking if I would be willing to do a different gig, vaguely related to the gig that I offered. After some consideration, I agreed, and I’ve already completed the work.

I don’t know how to submit the work, because I didn’t list the gig from my own account. How is the buyer supposed to order it from me? I see that gig requests are evidently an important part of Fiverr; there is a whole sidebar devoted to them, after all. I assume that there must be some official way to process request orders through the website.

Sorry for my ignorance.

You don’t mention whether or not the buyer has paid you for this already. If so, I would deliver it as you would have, had you done for this buyer your gig as advertised. If it needs shipping, I’m sure you advised the buyer that. The buyer would need of course to pay the shipping, so that would mean having the buyer “order” the appropriate number of gigs to cover that, if needed. Make sure you post the work somehow on your gig: either upload photos yourself, or use the public post function when you deliver it. Hope this helps!

So, the buyer should order my gig, even though we agreed that I would be doing something different? Is that how requests from the sidebar or the forum are handled? If you see a request on the sidebar that you want to try for, do you have to make a gig to go with it? Or you tell the buyer to order an unrelated gig from you?

(I don’t think the buyer has ordered my gig yet. I assume I would know. The buyer asked me if I was willing to do a different gig.)

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, the buyer should order your gig even though you’ve done something slightly off kilter from your stated gig. You do not have to make a specific gig for requests. You could make a generic, “I will complete your request gig” gig but it is not necessary. You should know if the buyer has ordered the gig, it would be under ‘manage sales’ as an active gig.

Archived