I am a little bit confused on how Fiverr works

citrustucson

I need some clarification for I don’t really understand some things happening with my Fiverr account.

First off, on the todo list it says that my profile isn’t complete. Looks complete to me. It doesn’t tell me what isn’t complete when I go to “fix it”.

Second. When I login sometimes it says that I am offline. Sometimes it says that I am online. I am very confused as to how this online/offline system works. I would like to be online all the time.

Third I simply cannot find my gig when I search for it. Maybe this is because its so far down the list? How am I support to get people to buy from me if I’m not listed? I am very confused.

Thank you in advanced and I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

EDIT: I am not sure what category to post this is so please move it if needed. Thanks 😃

First off, on the todo list it says that my profile isn’t complete. Looks complete to me. It doesn’t tell me what isn’t complete when I go to “fix it”.

(Profile being complete could be the lack of linking facebook, email, or any of the other accounts to display social proof. Keep in mind even though you’re servicing customers, they are Fiverrs customers. Fiverr spends a tremendous amount of money advertising, so they want to make sure that they are distributing more leads to those that are dedicated to providing a great product as well as customer service, long-term.)

Second. When I login sometimes it says that I am offline. Sometimes it says that I am online. I am very confused as to how this online/offline system works. I would like to be online all the time.

(When you log into your account on a browser, you will by default be online. But, your screen will time out. Meaning, you need to click on dashboard to keep things refreshed to ensure you are online. Also, if you haven’t downloaded the fiverr phone app you must. It’s great and allows you to appear online as long as you don’t close the app. A great way to test is by searching for your gig in the URL once you are in incognito mode. Lastly, it is based on technology at times your app might act strange, so make sure you keep checking for available downloads.)

Third I simply cannot find my gig when I search for it. Maybe this is because its so far down the list? How am I support to get people to buy from me if I’m not listed? I am very confused.

(Fiverr uses a rotation system for most of their sellers. Meaning, they understand that there are numerous sellers offering services and they try to do their best being fair with as many as they can. I believe they also understand that you can’t possibly be working seven days a week and service your customers 100%. So, they will take you out of rotation -meaning you will appear further down when typing in your category-

Impressions are great, BUT you should be utilizing social media and other ways to promote rather than just relying on Fiverr. So take advantage of youtube, vimeo, facebook, etc and get your name out there as much and often as possible. Eventually, you will have repeat buyers that help weather the storm when you are out of rotation OR if you happen to slip in the rankings.

Cheers!
J

Archived