Be careful of problematic buyers, protect your videos and pictures

anastasia19

Hi! I would like to share a bad experience I’m dealing with right now. I’ve learn a couple things I’d like to tell you so you can avoid these kind of problems. This is for everyone who delivers pictures or videos on their gigs.
Recently a guy named "********** " contacted me through the chat and told me he wanted to get some gigs from me. He seemed like one of those old, kind of creepy men who only wants to see some hot young girl. That’s pretty obvious and I noticed it immediately but money is money, and I’ve had some of those guys before and I didn’t have any problem. You just have to be very clear about what are you willing to do and what you won’t. So he got 1 dance video gig and 1 pictures gig. And as I’m sure you can imagine he didn’t like anything I did. I actually was very sure he would like my job and was even expecting a tip (I really tried to please him), silly me, and here comes the main point of this and my advice for you.

DON’T DELIVER MATERIAL OUTSIDE OF FIVERR. That was my big mistake, the video he requested was really big, like 1.2GB, and as you know Fiverr only lets you deliver within 150mb. So i decided to use an external service like “WeTransfer.com”. Now he got the video and wants to cancel the gig telling he didn’t like it. I already submitted a complain to support service but I don’t think they can force him to pay. So I think you should first upload a light version of your video to Fiverr (you can use several software to convert heavy videos to much lighter ones) and ask buyer if he likes it. If he does like it ask him to complete the order and then you will deliver the full size version. That way they can’t get it for free. With pictures gigs is the same point, Fiverr only lets you deliver 10 photos so if you need to deliver more ask buyer to get multiple cheaper orders. DO NOT USE ATTACH FILES OPTION TO DELIVER EXTRA PHOTOS. Use .jpg or .png format so your images are protected with Fiverr water mark until they complete the order.

I hope you find these simple tips useful and can help someone to avoid problems as possible. Sorry for my bad English, good day!

Regardless of the other issues, you may want to be more cautious in your gig portfolio. You are here mentioning “creepy men” while you have an image in your live portfolio that shows a bare “caboose” in a mirror. That makes it an adult service which is prohibited. You also referred to a buyer by username in your post, which breaks the forum rules. You have more to protect than one video, so please give this some thought. The username will be removed in your post.

If you do need to deliver a very large file again and have to use Drop Box (recommended) or other, just be sure to plaster it with large watermarks and explain it to the buyer.

Archived