No gig views at all?

cyaxrex

So, I’ve noticed less messages and new orders coming through than usual and just checked my gig stats to see that none of my gigs have had any views today. Worse, things have apparently been gradually nose diving for the past week. (I usually average about 40 views on my main gig at least).

Is anyone else experiencing this? I certainly never have before. Also, please don’t chime in with “you need to market your gigs outside of Fiverr” and “SEO” etc. - I’m very aware of these factors.

Is this because I haven’t added gig packages to some of my gigs? Or because of shifts in the Fiverr matrix to do with it’s recent downtime and updates?

Mmmhhh… Well, I’m planning on incurring the wrath of Fiverr shortly by activating packages on all my gigs. - This is the only way I can amend my pricing you see.

In this case, I’m expecting to be able to sit back for a couple of weeks while orders slow to a drip rather than a gush and focus on some other things. If they don’t pick up after that though I’ll probably go a bit primal myself.

You can be my guinea pig. I’ve been thinking of doing the same myself. I want to make my “basic” like $10/15. Ideally, $25 (I’m kinda stuck on that as a number for some reason), but I know that’s too high.

Maybe I’ll just change my cover image to boobs when I do that as it’s very lazy, but it will get clicks. OTOH, it will put off a lot of serious buyers who correctly perceive the boobs as a cynical marketing cashgrab. But then again, I am in the industry of cynical marketing cashgrabs.

My only packaged gig (your website sucks) isn’t packaged, really (I only have the “basic” on offer… with extras). I need more reviews, but it’s just so poorly implemented for writers that I can’t see it really working. I will launch boobwriter (my boyfriend is distressed about his poor handwriting–as if anyone cares about that when there are milky white etceteras to look at) and agony aunt at some point this week with packages and see how they do. If they do well for young gigs then I might sacrifice my rewrite gig to the package gods as bad buyers are really hitting that now, which means I don’t mind losing it.

My impressions and all stats have steadily been declining in the past month and now tonight the switch has finally been flipped back on and orders are pouring in as they should be. Miss Crystal’s coven will be in full force spellcasting all night–wheeee!

I don’t know man, I have worked very hard for 2 years, I want to have a more balanced life from now on. Have implemented Limit Orders which will take my Gigs off the search pages, but will continue to get orders from old clients. So plan to do not more than 8 to 10 articles a day from now on. I mean, what’s the point in working so hard when it is affecting my health and could lead to massive medical bills in a few years. All the money I make from writing may well go to doctors in Bangalore at this rate.

But you have money. Why would you subject yourself to the Fiverr merry-go-round of grief? This is the first time I’ve seen you be negative about your workload, as well. Just stop and take a break if you’re feeling the exhaustion, and put your prices up by $5. You’ll have fewer orders, of course, but the same money for less work. Think about it.

BTW can you translate this (I think) Hindi? http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/what-does-বান্দিরপোলা।-খাঙ্কির-ব/

That’s Bengali, not Hindi. No, I won’t put my price up, because that will create a lot of expectation among clients. I have succeeded so far on Fiverr because my clients are astonished at the quality of work for just $5…putting prices up could lead to higher expectations. Also, as a non-Native writer from a country that has a reputation of having too many scammers, I am at a disadvantage compared to you or Cy.

Not necessarily. You are NOT at a disadvantage. You have almost double the sales I do, and I live in a country which has “expectations” piled onto it too. If your regs are astonished the the quality, they will be happy to pay more. Go for it! For future cranky old you!

Bengali, eh? That makes sense. So no translation? I do have a Bengali client, but I’m not sure how he will feel if I randomly send him this text to find out what it means lol.

In fact, you are a very well-spoken Indian. You can really use that to your advantage while also helping those from your country who don’t have such good skills to improve their skills and their life.

I feel that they would listen to you more because you are “one of us” instead of a rich westerner. I hope that all made sense.

I agree… If you are producing high quality work - which you are, then increasing your prices is a smart move. People will pay, and they will still be satisfied with results. Your worry that they won’t be satisfied with the product is simply your subconscious fear. Overcome it and get paid what you’re worth!

Archived