Some of these people doing gigs need to understand how to read and understand directions/ english!

kahunasuki

I understand that some of these people doing gigs are from different countries but if your going to accept a gig from someone that speaks English at least be prepared to do the gig over. I must say over all i have a good experience here but some of these guys have no business trying to communicate with people. They need a translator or something!! I had a gig done with a business car and i sent the guy a pic and said this is what i DON’T want on the card and he put it on the card!! just a lack of understanding and its not just with one person…

While I do not agree with your harsh comment regarding ‘learning English’, I am able to understand your frustration, as I have had a ‘buyer’ sending me the same few emails over and over for almost 6 months now and apparently he is not able to understand the numerous replies that I have sent him. I keep trying to get him to understand that I will do the gig as soon as he places an order but he just keeps emailing me instead of ordering the gig asking me if I need anymore information from him. I have told him at least 8 times that I have everything that I need but apparently he thinks I am asking him to keep sending me the same instructions over and over. I actually have began to just ignore him altogether and I feel bad about handling it that way but even with this approach he has continued to send the same emails as before. My assumption is that the buyer is using a translator (because of the broken English in his emails).

Guest tn5rr2012

I only work with clients from here in the U.S so its not a problem for me but I can see where lost in translation may hinder a gig and the experience

@kahunasuki There are a lot of buyers and sellers who do not speak perfect English, but with a bit of patience most issues can be overcome easily. Many of them speak several languages and are far from being stupid. It would be easy, for example, for someone to nitpick at your post and point out this “your going to accept a gig” is grammatically incorrect and your is a possessive adjective and the correct use here is You’re, which is a contraction of you are and I would not start casting stones. I personally could not care less about how someone types or speaks as long as as the gig can be completed to the satisfaction of both buyer and seller and in fact go out of my way to try and communicate with a buyer in their language if English is not their mother tongue and they are struggling to get their point across.

@kahunasuki There are a lot of buyers and sellers who do not speak perfect English, but with a bit of patience most issues can be overcome easily. Many of them speak several languages and are far from being stupid. It would be easy, for example, for someone to nitpick at your post and point out this “your going to accept a gig” is grammatically incorrect and your is a possessive adjective and the correct use here is You’re, which is a contraction of you are and I would not start casting stones. I personally could not care less about how someone types or speaks as long as as the gig can be completed to the satisfaction of both buyer and seller and in fact go out of my way to try and communicate with a buyer in their language if English is not their mother tongue and they are struggling to get their point across.

Archived