Where is the love? Favorites (

eoinfinnegan

It looks like everyone’s favorites on gigs have been reset to 0.

#FeelingUnloved 😦

Wonder what’s going on, first it was the odd big thumb and 100 star reviews, now they are taking our hearts. Things seem a little bit crazy at Fiverr HQ.

I bet they will get some random social media personality in to do a useless Q & A session next…

The competition closed and results are out next week! Fiverr said that just before the Big Out®age happened. I’ve got my claws out already…

I don’t think the favorites button was that big a deal really (the heart one, right?). I was actually thinking how awful an actual 100-star system would be earlier. Knowing how OCD some people can be, they’d want to get the star just right. I mean, what makes someone’s service (literally) 82% awesome versus 83% awesome?

Yes. I believe that was what Eoin was having a dig at in his OP, too.

Don’t forget, children, that the votes are in and have been counted, and will be judge alongside a panel of Fiverr-appointed judges and the Great Personality himself!

AKA why even have a vote in the first place this is a shambolic pretense at democracy. Two of the front-runners in NY at least spammed their social media almost daily from the (very few) checks that I made. They also had a (much) larger following than “Jim’s Hairdo Store” (a made-up "social media poor offline business run by Jim who doesn’t know what this newfangled information superhighway is but wants a go at the $3000 prize–his son will take care of “the Fiverrs”).

I’m guessing that tech-smart young companies that fit the mktg dept’s idea of hip and likely to succeed not just people like Jim who will burn through 1000 “I will sit in a bath of Spaghettio’s with your logo written on my chest” gigs, claiming that the old methods are the best and he likes charitable ideas will win.

With hipster hair.

It is foretold in their competition page.

https://www.fiverr.com/smallbizmakeover

Note that everyone can vote “once a day” which made the spamming inevitable–but this competition’s impact was virtual nil on the general public of the three cities. Fiverr’s dear mktg dept once again made an announcement and expected it to run away virally.

It didn’t. Breast cancer t-shirts etc.

I’d even argue that it could backfire spectacularly if the winners keep hiring the wrong kind of seller. Though they will have a Fiverr rep on hand to guide them. How hands on that will be is difficult to know. This is all speculation anyway. But get ready for the EXCITED FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT the BLOG POST OF EXCITEMENT and the TWO SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS OF EXCITEMENT and maybe another OMG GARYV IS BACK BUT WHERE’S THE FCO? vid.

How amazingly funny would that be though?
The winner goes and spends $3000 on 6 billion spammy backlinks, twitter followers etc and his site is hit with a Google penalty and social media accounts killed off within a week of winning the competition!

That would definitely test the marketing team’s ability to put a positive spin on it!
Maybe they would get Mr. Vee in to talk about it and he would again suggest people should go to Medium instead!

This time the CFO would not tolerate The Vee as he did the last time and ends up bodyslamming him through the table then calmly walking away as the other guys laptop explodes creating the perfect backdrop for him to utter the words - “CFO OUT” before putting on his Fiverr branded sunglasses.

Would those Fiverr sunglasses be those weird ones with the lines (apparently called “shutter shades”–I’ve always wondered how you’d see through them)? I think that would round this scenario up nicely.

Archived