What Would you do if Fiverr Went Down Forever?

cyaxrex

Well, it looks like Fiverr has survived the so-called cyber zombie apocalypse. However, what would you do if Fiverr actually went down forever one day?

Personally, I think I would hold a Viking funeral for my work laptop in the dead of night. I’d build a little raft out of order printouts, push it off out onto the ocean and fire an overly dramatic flaming arrow or two in its direction.

After this, (and providing I wasn’t arrested) I’d then pack a small bag and disappear into the distance with my wee dog as part of the beginning of an epic quest to find other Fiverr survivors and start the world’s most phenomenal web marketing agency.

That’s just me, though. What would you do?

In this case, you would have to think about joining me on my epic quest to find other Fiverr survivors. It would be great, we’d get to visit places like India, Greece, the USA. Even better, in each city, we’d shine a spotlight into the night sky each evening featuring the old Fiverr logo in order to attract old sellers.

Of course, it would probably be simpler to just use social media to bring people together again, however, a dedicated quest would be far more adventurous and inspiring.

Hell, if you can bring a flying car to the table, we’ll use it. Personally, though, a flying car is a little bit outside of my budget. Also, I don’t drive and I have no idea how my wee dog would react to our epic quest starting to resemble the Whacky Races. - Maybe I’d have to change his name to Muttley?

I like Muttley better. I think dogs would love to be in a flying car (I don´t know, but I can imagine they would be excited looking out the window), the thing is a flying car is too small, not good for the dogs. I have dogs too and I would like to take at least one of them with me on the journey (the more dogs I bring along the merrrier). So perhaps we just fly with a zeppelin. But then we must find someone who can fly it. Oh wait. Zeppelin don´t have windows. Sigh.

I hope Emmaki will comment on this thread. I would like to read her answer to your question. This forum without her would be so dull. You know, she is a very gifted writer (I am not saying you are not), but I think we can agree that we like her. She is very funny (you are funny too, but Emmaki is funnier).

I would ride my horse with no name to Mother Abigail’s house in the cornfield after she comes to me in a dream to tell me to come there. I would meet with Tom Moon and Molly Ringwald there. We would wait for the coming of the dark One but instead, @cyaxrex would stop by with other Fiverr survivors for a big southern meal and moonshine. Then we would all leave Mother Abigail and the crows and continue, possibly in a Zepplin, and I would volunteer to shoot spammers on sight with my trusty bow.

I like the way you think! Also, excellent idea regarding the Zepplin. Personally, I thought the flying car idea was a bit too far out but a Zepplin would awesome. In fact, maybe we should ask Fiverr if they would finance us to do a world tour in a Zepplin for them as a bit of an amazing marketing effort?

We’d basically be like Duff Man in the Simpsons flying around choosing random businesses to work for. Then of course, by night, we would be drinking Duff Beer under the stars as we watch the world go by beneath us.

The only problem is that we’d have to start our world Fiverr Zepplin tour in Chile, as that’s the only place you can get real live Duff Beer at the moment. - Nothing wrong with Chile, of course, I’m just guessing that it would take quite a long time to get from there to the US in a Zepplin, especially if we wanted to sightsee along the way.

<flattery detected>

I would take a long holiday! Actually, I’m still in the weeds with clients from hell, (1 3x underpayer, 1 "I am on holiday so can I pay after I’m back [after the deadline] and 2 "I don’t read gig description and 1 “instead of telling you what I want, here are 20 pics of my website instead of my website and a whole bunch of files. Let’s get to work!”) and all that has to be dealt with in the next 48 hours.

so I quite like the idea of a broken Fiverr right now. That’s like 5 cancellations in 1 day, really, isn’t it? BAH. I’ve billed the 3x 1, wrote for clarification to multiple pages and pics guy and “holiday dude” is just… ugh. Oh, he underpaid as well. I billed him 5 days ago and he was like OK".

/moan

Everything’s fine after I’ve shuffled this shitshow off the to-do list though. This week has SUCKED!

I don’t really have any ideas about what I would do. Probably take a long vacation and relax on my Fiverr $$$?

You could always shine a Fiverr spotlight into the night sky while reading one of your ebooks. This way you would always be able to look forward to me and Fonthaunt one day coming to pick you up on our amazing Duff Beer fueled zeppelin.

The only catch is that we’d probably ask you to remortgage your house first and give us all your money so that we could actually afford a zeppelin. I’m sure that Font would let you take the wheel occasionally, though, for all the trouble and all. 🙂

Fiverr is not my 1st income source anymore… It’s a place of deception, were the rules are broken by Fiverr staff and you get penalties because a staff member consider you are breaking a rule that wasn’t invented yet… Here I had more troubles with the Fiverr staff than bad behavior customers…

On other similar websites you have no problems, and related to the impressions of your gigs, on a Fiverr competitor website I can use the “bump feature” (up to 5 bumps per day) to move my gigs on 1st position for a few minutes or even an hour (so I can get lots of orders).

Here you have to face with Fiverr staff preferences related to what sellers they are listing in 1st results (maybe friends of them, who knows?), even if the sellers are scammers and/or spammers.

So, in case Fiverr will be down forever, then other websites will get its customers (I suppose I’m not allowed to write a few candidates)…

Guest peppermint_wish

At least this explains why some people have a hard time selling their gigs here.

That post literally described why a competitor site was better in their view, with some mealy-mouthed CS complaints. It explained nothing. Remember: if you have a problem with selling, you need to look at what you’re doing wrong before making asinine comments on posts that are “look at me I’m so successful and Fiverr sucks”.

Archived