Making offers ,then changing prices

amecth

It depends, what are you looking for?

If you tell the seller that you need X, and the seller tells you the price for X, and then it turns out that you also need Y and Z, it’s normal for seller to increase the price.

It could be a miscommunication issue.

Hi,
From my previous experience,I saw if a sellers send you a customs offer and you accept it,Price shouldn’t be changed.
This is because during sending customs offer,a seller send the offer with a fixed price.
But if you purchase a different gig from same seller,Price may varies.

Mistakes happen sometimes, a seller is no different to a retailer.

If the order is placed, based on an initial price then the work that should be done is what was originally asked for, not any extra “little things” that were discussed afterwards.

Finally, Buyer Requests can only be responded to as an offer. When I am asking for more information, I still have to put a price which can lead to confusion, I usually explain that the price is not an offer though.

Before accepting anything, make sure both sides are communicating clearly in regards to what is included. VERY clear order specs need to be explicitly put on paper to avoid disappointment - ‘X and Y will be done for $, and in case Z is needed, the price increases to $$’.

Misunderstanding can potentially come from either end…

• 1 month later...

I have recently had the unpleasant experience of bait and switch twice. I put out a request and was specific as 250 words allows. A 3d cad drawing for a house front so I could visualize color ways. I received several offers. Each response was met with additional negotiation and cancellation of order. My specs had not changed only specs about color and to what surface applied. Very frustrating and as a buyer I feel ripped off as it was a total waste of my time.

Depends on what you want, it is important to carefully choose the vendors according to their “Gig”. When you choose a seller does not leave you alone to capture the image of the cover, but Gig laws well where it is written what the seller offers for a certain price. If you request to a seller an option not specified in Gig the price goes up. Before you make an offer you can come to an agreement with the seller on what you want at a certain price. So once you propose an offer it is sure that the price is the one agreed.

I hope this was helpful! 🙂

If it was via buyer request, quotes often change as sellers are forced to quote to reply (didn’t use to be that way). So they will often put $5 and in the text put they need full details to provide an accurate quote.

If it was a custom order via messages after you had talked, then it should change, unless you request work that was not defined earlier.

Archived