What do you do besides Fiverr?

fastcopywriter

I know Fiverr is an excellent revenue stream, but I’m wondering if you’re doing something else?

Recently I heard of people that get paid to deliver groceries, and saw a company that claims you can make $15 to $25. I’m wondering if anyone is doing that? It sounds safer than driving for Uber.

I only work on 2 other sites online. I do this in order to hedge my bets in case one goes belly under but most of my focus has been on Fiverr for the past 6-7 months.

Thankfully, should the Internet itself get turned off, I can quite easily get a job locally. In fact, I was a chef in a restaurant for some of last year but that was only because I was getting bored of just sitting at the computer all day watching my waistline expand.

Longer term, I always keep tabs on a couple of companies I could walk into jobs with should I need to. I really don’t want to, though. Moreover, even just thinking about it makes me more committed to expanding on what I do online. I just wish I could free up some time to explore things like dropshipping and affiliate marketing a little more seriously.

Also, I churn out a book or two occasionally but my book sale money I have allocated to my pet Chihuahua as his wage. He never spends any but it means that there is always a few hundred spare should he ever decide to eat a bowl of walnuts or get beat up by a bigger dog.

I used to sell my book collection on eBay, I have a couple of thousand books, but gave that up after 2-3 months on Fiverr. I have spent thousands of dollars on books, physical books and ebooks, so I got rid of some of them on ebay. Used to read a book a day during my non-working years. Then I started freelance writing 2 years ago, and yet to finish John Grisham’s Gray Mountain that I began back then. 🙂

That’s just fantastic writer99025. In my mind, you already live in a huge gothic mansion which visitors get lost in just going to the bathroom. Now I’ve just added a massive library and I’m almost expecting you to one day say you have a dedicated secret Batcave under it all.

Do you & are you a secret superhero?

Books are fantastic. I’m reading Shantaram at the mo which is set in and around Bombay/Mumbai for the most part. I must admit, though, that I don’t really have the time to read like I used to.

Anyway, which button on one of your kindles do you have to press to gain access to the Batcave?

Also, how many tiers of shelves did you actually have to abseil down in order to take this photo? Was it especially dangerous? Or are you used to that kind of thing, what with having to use GPS to find your way to the kitchen every now and again? 🙂

I wonder if writer has had any spammy inboxes from beautiful ladies (or scammers, as I call them) interested in living in his sprawling, book-infested palace?

As for the question itself, Fiverr’s my main focus these days due to the sheer volume of work I get. I have been on all the major freelance sites at one time or another with varying degrees of success. I joined a new one recently that has an interview process to get started, but I haven’t had time to really look at it. It is more of a “remote worker” site though, so it’s all about FT/PT work rather than freelance drips and drops.

I also have some irregular work locally and through my email with old clients from now-defunct sites. In the past, I have moonlighted as the world’s worst waitress (I did not suffer fools gladly) and kitchen b*tch, bartender and even cleaner. I hated all of these jobs, mainly due to the close proximity it put me to with other people. The cleaning job in particular was an eye-opener. People are filthy!

One client in particular used to leave “test messes”. Now, that already sounds awful, but it didn’t involve bodily fluids. What it did involve was letting a cup of ??? get super moldy, then adding in a half-smoked cigarette as a detail then hiding it in the back of a cupboard like some waiting trap that never sprang, so I had the unique life experience of an angry disappointed client waving this biohazard around as they expressed disappointment that I had not given 100% to the job.

I quit cleaning not too long after that. Now my crazy clients are nowhere near me, and that is a good thing. Moldy cup guy, btw, is a millionaire in the oil industry. Make of that little tidbit of info what you will.

Fiverr’s all I have at the moment. I’m supposed to be doing more with my alpaca crafts business set-up but I get too many hours work on Fiverr even though I turn down roughly 20%-50% of offer requests. I joined one of the other sites at the same time I joined Fiverr but I never got around to getting active on it once I started getting orders on Fiverr.
I think Fiverr for brain work and alpaca crafting for creative work will be a nice mix when I get the balance right. I will make more cash for the effort with the alpaca craft business so I should really get on that!

Not quite. (I’m not sure where you got the dishes thing from?)

I have a small herd of 17 alpacas that I breed from. I shear them once a year and their fleece gets spun or felted. I have some kits that I’m trialling and I have other people who do some knitting or original art for me, then I go to craft markets. Or that’s the theory anyway. It’s sporadic at the moment as I don’t give it enough attention. My Fiverr gigs are more reflective of what I was doing when I started in IT 20-odd years ago and it’s appealing because I can do it on my couch 🙂
The alpaca thing is a lifestyle choice and it has potential but I only get occasionally enthusiastic about it. But the alpacas are cute, so there’s that.

Fiverr has not been the source of my income (all my bad though - I will probably work on that, just not now). But sometimes I make a little extra money from people who need to travel and they need someone to take care of their dog. So I let their dog be in my place. I don´t specially take care of their dogs though. I only feed them twice a day and let them dogs play with my dogs. I only let good dogs in, I won´t bother to accept the naughty insecure ones, because I gave it a try and it was always so much hassle (they wanted to fight with my dogs, they chewed on my trampoline, etc) - really not worth it with the very little money they paid me, lol. I could help them dogs to be better actually. I have learned to rehabilitate a dog and all my dogs are good dogs (if they do something wrong like pooping in the car it´s not their fault, it´s more of because they are sick or too old). But the owners usully won´t pay me extra (and I won´t pursue them as I am not a professional dog trainer, I only learned everything by myself) so I ain´t gonna do it. I did it only because I had to (I already accepted them naughty insecure dogs and they owners were already away). If I had not done it, there would have been more chaos. But since then after a number of times giving it a try, I finally decided to not let naughty insecure dogs stay in my place anymore, ever! No, I don´t wanna make kennels 🙂

That makes sense, when I googled Alpaca I found Alpaca Arts & Crafts, that’s why I got confused.

I think Fiverr’s advantage is you can make money 24/7 as opposed to only at craft markets when they’re open. Another advantage is not having to wait for customers. Here if you get no sales, you do something else. At a craft fair, you’re just bored.

There is a woman with an alpaca farm that lives down the street from me. I see her often at local craft shows and find it interesting that she makes more money from alpaca products she imports than she does from her own fleece and roving. My husband has bought at least 5 silly little alpaca wool knitted finger puppets in the shapes of animals from her. They’re ridiculous, but he loves them. Anyway, she told me she imports them from Peru. But, you’re right in your comment below. The alpaca are so cute!

I use Fiverr and another freelancing site, and I freelance locally in my community. I offer a letter-writing gig, and there are always folks in need of cover letters, sales letters, or whatever else. But I also make jewelry at home with my husband, which we sell at craft shows or via word-of-mouth, and I teach a poetry class to a local homeschool group. I call myself a homemaker, but I hate to cook and clean, so…yeah. Otherwise I sit on my couch with my dogs and watch Netflix.

I never look for clients. I get clients from people who know me, they tell to people that they know about me (word of mouth). I don´t get so many clients though and I am not doing this seriously. I am just a housewife who likes to do little things here and there to keep me occupied. I hope you will live in your own place someday. When I was abroad I could not have and/or pet sit a dog because of the rules too coz I lived in a rented place. So I know the feeling. I don´t know what you wish to pet sit. But if it´s a dog, from my experience it is only fun when you dog sit good dogs. Some dogs are just ˝mental˝ (I call them d*mbasses 😛 ). They have been ˝ruined˝ by their own owners. Usually this kind of owner won´t even admit that they have been treating their dog the wrong way because of their ego (just like parents who have ˝created˝ brat idiot kids, they usually don´t wanna admit what they have done wrong). I usually won´t deal further with this kind of dog owner 🙂

I am new to Fiverr but have worked online for a few years now on a few different sites. My boyfriend and I love to travel so to support that we house/pet sit all over the world. Usually we do long-term sits to cut down the actual cost of travel. So that’s nice having free rent, use of vehicle and usually a few other extras here and there.

For making money sometimes we will work at a resort or hotel during high seasons. Otherwise we write blog posts, web content and do a lot of creative writing for people. Usually mine is ghostwriting however I do have some ebooks online that generate a small monthly income.

Archived