Few days only are not always enough to properly appraise a Gig or a Freelancer

Guest vyagov

Guest vyagov

I guess there are many buyers that gave a positive review, but later on feel sorry about it.
There are many cases where (unlike purchasing a new logo) the order has been delivered and the customers appraise Freelancer the but later on - days and weeks later-you find out the "completed"order is half/done, not done,or not done as promised (I can give you many practical examples).
In such a case my EXCELLENT “appraisal” would mislead other customers (buyers) meanwhile and the Freelancer will still continue to do his/hers business,being interrupted, since I haven’t got an option to appraise the results on a later stage. What’s the proposed solution?

Most of the gigs with ordinary delivery time.especially and straightforward service can be evaluated in time. Things like you mentioned such as logo design or a book cover are this way.

There is a second group which are legitimate but tougher. Gigs offering to promote your product by putting your ad on a popular blog, for example. Still, though, if the delivery very time is long enough you can evaluate.

If they promise to run your ad for 3 weeks and the delivery time is set for 21 days, you either ask them to run the ad immediately but deliver on the last day or you tell them that you will click request modification upon delivery just to keep the gig open. If the ad runs for 21 days, you complete the gig and rate it 5. If the seller fails to run it or it ends early, you can leave a poor review or get a refund.

That leaves one group of gigs that don’t fit. Most of these offer things like guaranteed traffic or social media likes, etc. The longest delivery time they can have is a month, but sellers may promise traffic that converts later or likes that won’t disappear. These are nearly impossible to evaluate in a normal time.

These gig types are also a lot like buying a kitchen gadget on an infomercial on TV. It looks and sounds good, but isn’t practical and may fall apart. Once in a while the gadget works great and you get lucky. A few sellers can deliver these grey-area gigs successfully too. Overall, though, you should assume at the outset that these are high risk gigs and if you like to gamble a few dollars, go ahead. If I bought one, I would buy one with a long delivery time. If it appeared that they delivered, I would give a last minute good review to be as fair as I can, but I’d assume my gadget (gig product) will break shortly because it’s just that kind of thing. Some of these gigs are even against the rules of 3rd party sites like YouTube or Facebook so that increases the chance they’ll “break.” Buyer beware.

Do you have examples that don’t fit in one of those categories?

Archived